Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: SK Gold
I just finished a 3-day stay at The Quin, which joined the Hilton portfolio about 2 months ago. The location just 2 blocks from Central Park is hard to beat for my purposes when in town. It is part of Hilton Grand Vacations and as such doesn't offer Diamond members free breakfast or upgrades. However, when I inquired politely the check-in clerk very generously upgraded us to a beautiful suite regardless, stating it was an exception. Knowing how small hotel rooms in NYC often are the suite felt extremely luxurious. I would definitely consider coming back to this property for future stays, even without the free breakfast and guaranteed upgrade (which isn't so guaranteed anyway).
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 12:05 pm

Lounge access at New York Hilton Midtown vs Hilton Club New York

We're going to NYC next month and have made two overlapping reservations at the "same" property. Both the New York Hilton Midtown the Hilton Club New York have the same address (1335 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS). I understand that they occupy different floors of the same building, and that the latter is part of the Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare property...but one that also permits hotel-style reservations (which is what I have).

What I need to do is cancel one of these two reservations, keeping the better one. What's better? Access to the lounge as a Hilton Diamond member is what matters most to us. But here's the thing--I read online how this was Hilton's best lounge in the city, on a high floor overlooking Central Park. Only now I learn that the Midtown's "executive lounge" has been relocated to the lobby level, no longer on that high floor. I believe there IS still another lounge on the upper floor, but that's reserved for Hilton Club timeshare owners.

What's my best remaining option for a good lounge? Is the lobby-level executive lounge in the Midtown still great?

Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MarkEJohnson05
We're going to NYC next month and have made two overlapping reservations at the "same" property. Both the New York Hilton Midtown the Hilton Club New York have the same address (1335 AVENUE OF THE AMERICAS). I understand that they occupy different floors of the same building, and that the latter is part of the Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare property...but one that also permits hotel-style reservations (which is what I have).

What I need to do is cancel one of these two reservations, keeping the better one. What's better? Access to the lounge as a Hilton Diamond member is what matters most to us. But here's the thing--I read online how this was Hilton's best lounge in the city, on a high floor overlooking Central Park. Only now I learn that the Midtown's "executive lounge" has been relocated to the lobby level, no longer on that high floor. I believe there IS still another lounge on the upper floor, but that's reserved for Hilton Club timeshare owners.

What's my best remaining option for a good lounge? Is the lobby-level executive lounge in the Midtown still great?

Thanks.
Heading there next week and staying at the HCNY floors as I am an owner. Yes at the HCNY supposedly the lounge on the upper floors is reserved for owners only but I found it to be not that great (57th st HGVC lounge is way better but also owners only). You are in a unique situation as you are booked both into the HCNY and the Hilton. Unless the lounge is super important to you I think you are going to find the rooms at HCNY far better. Most say HCNY is 4-5 star amenities with the Hotel 3 star. I suppose being Diamond they may let you in to the lounge and almost certainly you could go to the "regular" hotel lounge during your entire stay.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Has anyone stayed at the Distrikt recently? I cannot seem to find a picture of the fitness center anywhere.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Given that the Conrad is booked solid for the entire last half of summer, does anyone have other recommendations on what your preferred properties are in manhattan?

WA being closed, Conrad being booked solid, and The London is just Meh...... what's next on peoples lists?
Old May 19, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Dad to Rei
Given that the Conrad is booked solid for the entire last half of summer, does anyone have other recommendations on what your preferred properties are in manhattan?

WA being closed, Conrad being booked solid, and The London is just Meh...... what's next on peoples lists?
Well having recently returned from HCNY you could try that. I don't know what availability is this summer but I was pleasantly surprised by my stay. The Residence just above is also VERY nice but a bit pricey. Sounds like you know NYC so you know the location is great in mid town. The suites at HCNY, which is what I stayed in, are probably of comparable in size to the Residence units. I think they were going for about $800 / night.
Old May 19, 2019, 6:14 pm

Hilton's properties in Manhattan fall into two groups: those that are likely to be ok or better and those that aren't. The latter are more numerous than the former. My go to at the moment is the Millennium UN Plaza. If I'm feeling bohemian, the Renwick. The Hilton NY Midtown - like very many properties owned by Park Hotels & Resorts is tired, worn out mess. Yes, it is managed by Hilton. But not well. Ditto Hilton Grand Vacations properties in NYC (and any place else).

Overall, NYC is not a place Hilton is strong (compared to say, Chicago, Dallas, New Orleans, Orlando, etc.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:29 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I am looking at a Saturday night stay in Manhattan in late September. We will be flying into JFK early afternoon on Saturday and departing at 130am on Monday (essentially 36 hours).

I will be using a free night certificate so $$ is not an issue. Location, ease of access to JFK (I.e. close to a blue line station), and at least a passable breakfast for diamonds.

Looks like the best hotel is the London NYC followed by the Conrad then one of those midtown Hilton’s? Thoughts?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I am looking at a Saturday night stay in Manhattan in late September. We will be flying into JFK early afternoon on Saturday and departing at 130am on Monday (essentially 36 hours).

I will be using a free night certificate so $$ is not an issue. Location, ease of access to JFK (I.e. close to a blue line station), and at least a passable breakfast for diamonds.

Looks like the best hotel is the London NYC followed by the Conrad then one of those midtown Hilton’s? Thoughts?
Just "Blue line" isn't what you want (nobody in NYC calls it the "Blue line") .. it's the A train to Howard Beach or the E or J to Sutphin Boulevard. That said, what do you want to see/do? NYC is a big place. If you want the theater district or Times Square, there are hotels there that are right on the A and E lines... If you want SOHO you can be very close to the J train - which doesn't spend much time in Manhattan. If you want to be in Brooklyn there are ther options...

The Conrad is near the A at the World Trade Center ... There is not a whole lot down there. Personally, I'd choose something in Midtown.
golfingboy likes this.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jun 24, 2019 at 2:39 pm
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:03 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Just "Blue line" isn't what you want (nobody in NYC calls it the "Blue line") .. it's the A train to Howard Beach or the E or J to Sutphin Boulevard. That said, what do you want to see/do? NYC is a big place. If you want the theater district or Times Square, there are hotels there that are right on the A and E lines... If you want SOHO you can be very close to the J train - which doesn't spend much time in Manhattan. If you want to be in Brooklyn there are ther options...

The Conrad is near the A at the World Trade Center ... There is not a whole lot down there. Personally, I'd choose something in Midtown.
Yes sorry the A and E lines. I just looked at google maps and saw blue lines

Simply put we’d prefer not having to change trains going to/from JFK as we will be heading back around 10pm on a Sunday night. Doesn’t the J line have more stops being a “local” metro line relative to A/E?

I have been to NYC 10+ times but my girlfriend has never been, so I think she’d enjoy seeing some landmarks (Times Square, Brooklyn bridge, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, etc.) as well as hitting up some local hotspots and food places (Chelsea Market or Essex Market).

I suppose since we are all over the map for manhattan the London will be the better choice given its more central location and being only a block away from the E line?

Last edited by golfingboy; Jun 24, 2019 at 3:09 pm
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Any word on when The London will be done with the renovations and be opened as an official Conrad?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Any word on when The London will be done with the renovations and be opened as an official Conrad?
“Once the work is done, the hotel will be reflagged as a Conrad in August, according to Julianne Soscia, marketing manager. A Hilton-operated restaurant called Dabble will also open in August on the main floor.”

From: https://www.travelpulse.com/news/hot...in-august.html
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy

I'm a born and bred NYer and I still live here. I'm actually going to do a staycation at the Conrad NY Downtown next week. IMO, I think the Conrad NYD is a great location. Also, to me, customer service is #1 priority. I've been in contact with Doris Fong, who is a Guest Services manager at the Conrad NY Downtown. Based on her email communications so far, I know I'm going to have a great stay. New Yorkers avoid Times Square is the plague. Staying in or near that area is severely overrated.

In the area of the Conrad NYD, that is basically the Tribeca area. Soho & the South Street Seaport is close by. Within walking distance of the Conrad NYD, you have great restaurants & bars, beautiful parks with nice river views, etc. With the NYC Subway, any area is easily & quickly accessible to the Conrad NYD. World Trade Center (E), Chambers St ( A, C, 1, 2, 3), & City Hall (N, R, W) are the surrounding subway stations to the Conrad NYD.

To GolfingBoy, I know that you said that you didn't want to have to transfer trains. The World Trade Center is the last stop on the E. But seeing that you are pretty much going to be all over NYC, you are going to wind up transferring trains anyway during your sightseeing.

The Conrad NY Midtown is supposed to be officially done in Aug. Since you are going to be here in late Sept, I don't think you can go wrong with one of the Conrad choices.
BrlDsguise likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Simply put we’d prefer not having to change trains going to/from JFK as we will be heading back around 10pm on a Sunday night.
At 10 pm on a Sunday I'd take a taxi or uber to JFK. Taxi is $52 flat fare.

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I think the Conrad NYD is a great location.
I like staying downtown as well, but if OP is planning on spending a bunch of time midtown or higher, it's a hassle going back and forth.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 10:00 pm

I would absolutely avoid the Conrad downtown. Too much hassle getting anywhere else. Lots of better choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.