Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
Resort fees in NYC

Do you have to pay resort fees in NYC if it is an award stay.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:38 am
cjd

Originally Posted by mac123
Do you have to pay resort fees in NYC if it is an award stay.
No, on Awards, no resort fees are payable. HonorsRepresentative has confirmed that in a previous post.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Hilton properties near JFK

I'm looking for a hotel near JFK for an overnight. There seem to be a Hampton Inn, a Hilton, and a Hilton Garden Inn. The Hampton and the HGI say "newly renovated." What are people's views of these three properties? I'm a Diamond.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:22 am

I've only stayed at the Hilton but have looked at all three in the past. Hilton and Hampton are on basically the same parcel of land, just north of the Belt Parkway. HGI is on the other side of the road, so marginally closer to JFK as the crow flies but not really materially different.

The former two are large high-rise structures; the HGI is the type of low-rise construction more typical of what one would see on an interstate (not sure if it is wood-frame or masonry), which I generally do not prefer. The Hilton has a nice lounge and decent gym. All three have shuttle services.

At that price differential, I would probably consider the Hampton myself.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have stayed multiple times at all three with the Hilton the one I stay by the most at. The Hampton and Hilton are actually connected so if you are staying at the Hampton and want to eat at the Hilton restaurant you can do so without walking outside. The EL lounge attendants tend to be nice and this is a rare property in the US whose lounge provides complimentary wine and beer in the evenings.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I had a nice overnight at the Hampton. The price was nice. The check in clerk was wonderful. I arrived at about 9 PM and she doubled up on my Gold goody bag because she was worried I might get hungry later because I was checking in so late.

The room was renovated. Its still an older hotel room with a smaller bathroom. But the AC was an internal unit and was absolutely cranked which kept it nice and cool and great white noise at night. The windows had black out blinds that completely blocked light.

The shuttle bus dude must drive Indy race cars on the side because he put that Econoline through its paces. But it was nice and timely. Typical Hampton breakfast in the AM.

Nothing special, but perfectly fine for overnight.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Stayed at the HGI Queens couple of years ago and is decent for a night- Hotel will actively provide food delivery options and offers a free shuttle to JFK and also from the Federal Circle stop.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Has anyone stayed at the Bernic on 47th Street? I've never stayed at a Tapestry property before, but I've got a short trip coming up and the location and positive TripAdvisor reviews have piqued my curiosity.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question FT reviews of Bernic?

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Has anyone stayed at the Bernic on 47th Street? I've never stayed at a Tapestry property before, but I've got a short trip coming up and the location and positive TripAdvisor reviews have piqued my curiosity.
Bumping this because I'm very interested also. Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: VS, BA, Hilton, IHG
Stayed at the Bernic recently. Location is great, a short walk from Grand Central Station. Booked a King with balcony, No upgrade as a Diamond. Room was good, average size for New York. The roof top bar looks good but was closed due a private event which was fustrating. Breakfast is continental in the restaurant or $14 credit for anything of the menu. Overall a reasonable stay and good for the price paid ($250, booked a few days in advance) but nothing overly special.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Lifetime diamond. AA gold
Hilton needs to upgrade their Doubletree Hotels in Mid Town Manhattan. Stayed at the one on 40th street and the one on 36th street. Both in need of serious new furniture. They were clean and staff friendly but no way two people could inhabit these really tiny rooms. The website needs to reflect these are smaller then normal rooms
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Geneaudio
Hilton needs to upgrade their Doubletree Hotels in Mid Town Manhattan. Stayed at the one on 40th street and the one on 36th street. Both in need of serious new furniture. They were clean and staff friendly but no way two people could inhabit these really tiny rooms. The website needs to reflect these are smaller then normal rooms
Uh, that's *every* hotel in NYC.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by bonoman
NO, the DT Times Square has wonderful, spacious, 2-room suites with HUGE bathrooms...but I guess they couldn't stand prosperity. They are shutting down Dec. 1 and rumor has it the new incarnation will be more in line with the teeny room concept. So I guess you will be correct. Unfortunately. (the shutdown actually has to do with them raising (yes, raising) the theater that was on their lower level and putting retail space below...why that means they had to ruin the suites above I have no idea, but that is what I have read.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bonoman
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
NO, the DT Times Square has wonderful, spacious, 2-room suites with HUGE bathrooms...but I guess they couldn't stand prosperity. They are shutting down Dec. 1 and rumor has it the new incarnation will be more in line with the teeny room concept. So I guess you will be correct. Unfortunately. (the shutdown actually has to do with them raising (yes, raising) the theater that was on their lower level and putting retail space below...why that means they had to ruin the suites above I have no idea, but that is what I have read.
Even if they change the rooms at the DT Times Square, the Conrad has large two room suites as standard rooms (the hotel used to be an Embassy Suites). No worries about tiny rooms there.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
That surprises me they aren't' waiting until January if they are shuting down seeing how expensive their room prices were on New Years Eve. Back when diamond status meant something and they used to have the diamond force on standard point stays this was a great property to use on new years eve for points and the breakfast benefit was the best for a Hilton in NYC. This is sad news. There were some small rooms here though. I found out the hard way last year, I booked a room not knowing all rooms weren't suites. Fortunately they were able to upgrade me the second day of my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.