Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near New York (city), USA {US-NY}

Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Might be worth looking at points plus cash deals. For dates in February I'm seeing the Waldorf Astoria for $125+28k points.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Skymiles
Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'll try for points + cash @ WA

NZP
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nzplease
Thanks everyone. I'll try for points + cash @ WA

NZP
You might consider looking at P+C at other properties. If you're looking for an inexpensive stay, W/A will nickel and dime you for everything.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
You'll only get one night in Manhattan with 85K points.

Not sure if they still have this promo or not, but if you don't have the Citi Hilton Reserve card and they still have the promo for two free nights after $5,000 in spend I would get that card. You can use that certificate at the Doubletree times square for a weekend and probably be able to get the third night for 85K if you aren't going during a peak travel time.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
You might consider looking at P+C at other properties. If you're looking for an inexpensive stay, W/A will nickel and dime you for everything.
Yeah, I've never stayed at the WA but Hilton has TONS of properties in the city and the prices vary wildly. Season makes such a difference too, and I think many of the HGIs and mid tier hotels can be better since the full line Hiltons are so inconsistent with regard to elite treatment, having lounges, etc.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
As others have shared, NYC is a tough market for a rewards redemption. Many of the C&P rates that I saw on a recent search for NYC made little sense too. If you're tied to going to NYC and flexible on time I would look for a good cash rate at one of the better reviewed properties. Save the points and use them in another market. Maybe look to do a 4 night redemption that would get you a 5th night free.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
What time of year are you going? Hilton hotels in NYC are often expensive on points and truthfully 85k may not get you super far. Depending on the time of year cash rates are the way to go.
+1

This is especially true over a weekend when rates tend to be lower. We just stayed in the Hilton Midtown last weekend for $170/night. Most of the hotels in tourist areas are about 70k/night; I can't imagine a worse redemption rate!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 8:47 am

Doubletree Suites Times Square or Hilton Times Square

First time trip in April and I am wondering which hotel is better and why. If anyone can give me pros/cons on these I would appreciate it. Thanks so much!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am a big fan of the Hilton Times Square if I stay midtown, that is the Hilton I stay at (otherwise I am down at the Conrad). While the Doubletree Suites is indeed a suite layout, the rooms have more wear and tear on them and that hotel is right smack in the middle of all the Times Square chaos (I would term this the most "touristy" of all the Hilton in Manhattan). You walk outside and there is a crowd of people to fight through. Hilton Times Square is tucked away on a side street south of Times Square proper (it has an entrance on 41st St and 42nd St). The hotel rooms start well above the chaos (I believe the lobby is on the 20th or 21st floor) and the rooms are well sound proof. The rooms are good sized for Manhattan starting at 330 sq ft. Staff is very good and Diamond (and I believe Gold as well) breakfast is a full breakfast in their restaurant.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Miesque
I am a big fan of the Hilton Times Square if I stay midtown, that is the Hilton I stay at (otherwise I am down at the Conrad). While the Doubletree Suites is indeed a suite layout, the rooms have more wear and tear on them and that hotel is right smack in the middle of all the Times Square chaos (I would term this the most "touristy" of all the Hilton in Manhattan). You walk outside and there is a crowd of people to fight through. Hilton Times Square is tucked away on a side street south of Times Square proper (it has an entrance on 41st St and 42nd St). The hotel rooms start well above the chaos (I believe the lobby is on the 20th or 21st floor) and the rooms are well sound proof. The rooms are good sized for Manhattan starting at 330 sq ft. Staff is very good and Diamond (and I believe Gold as well) breakfast is a full breakfast in their restaurant.
While I would agree with most of the above (the chaos of the DT), I did enjoy my stay at the DT as I liked the suite layout with a separate living room, the size of the room (very large by NY standards) and the view of Times Square. As a gold, got full breakfast buffet in the restaurant and it was plentiful and quite good. I would definitely stay there again. As a first-timer, the location is perfect for being in the midst of the action and a subway station is literally steps away.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
These are both objectively good hotels. I stayed at the H:TS to see cousins visiting NY from Ireland. They stayed at the DT:TS. I chose the Hilton primarily for proximity to them rather than anything else.

As a gold on a points stay, the full breakfast was free, with made-to-order pancakes, eggs,etc from the kitchen as well. And it was no trouble getting an upgrade. The room was spacious and in immaculate condition. I slept like a baby. The less chaotic location is priceless to me. Growing up in New York immunizes you against the enchantment of hordes of tourists and the panoply of bright lights.

I got to see my cousins' quarters at the DT. Spacious, but more dated/worn. There were four of them, so it was a much better/economical choice than two hotel rooms. They were on an OTA rate sans breakfast or internet. The main weakness of the DT was one bathroom between four people.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 7:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Amelorn
These are both objectively good hotels. I stayed at the H:TS to see cousins visiting NY from Ireland. They stayed at the DT:TS. I chose the Hilton primarily for proximity to them rather than anything else.

As a gold on a points stay, the full breakfast was free, with made-to-order pancakes, eggs,etc from the kitchen as well. And it was no trouble getting an upgrade. The room was spacious and in immaculate condition. I slept like a baby. The less chaotic location is priceless to me. Growing up in New York immunizes you against the enchantment of hordes of tourists and the panoply of bright lights.

I got to see my cousins' quarters at the DT. Spacious, but more dated/worn. There were four of them, so it was a much better/economical choice than two hotel rooms. They were on an OTA rate sans breakfast or internet. The main weakness of the DT was one bathroom between four people.
I forgot to add that they are really good with room upgrades. The Hilton Times Square provides a surprisingly spacious, tranquil experience for a Midtown hotel for a great nights sleep and it is usually priced pretty fairly by Manhattan standards. I am someone who actively avoids Times Square, but I will stay at the Hilton Times Square no problem (in fact staying there this Sunday night) because of the reliable good experience and its locating being on the outer periphery of Times Square so I can still avoid Times Square proper when I am walking around. This is a great hotel if you are seeing a show in the Theatre district.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:14 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Best NYC property?

Have a bunch of points that I received because of an event that i hosted at a Hilton owned property, and I don't really stay at hiltons too often so I'm trying to use them up. I am Diamond, but only because of the status match, and my status is expiring in the next few months so i would rather use up these points sooner then later.
Whats the best property Hilton property in NYC? Im more of a Hyatt and SPG guy, so haven't ever stayed at the any Hiltons in NY.
Any category is fine, but Im looking towards the higher cats.

Thanks for the help!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:20 pm

Conrad New York (Battery Park) is a good choice.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Waldorf Towers is the only true high-end Hilton in NYC and it is not available for awards.

Conrad is otherwise the best Hilton property but it is not 5*.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.