Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2001, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center {US-TX}

Have an up-coming stay at this location...does anyone have any experience with this property?
THANKS...

------------------
Old May 21, 2001, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
A neat convention type hotel. Facilities appear to be nice (did not stay there).

Across the street from Mills outlet mall (simply huge!).
Old May 21, 2001, 4:51 pm

I stayed there couple of weeks back. Very good hotel to stay. Couple of fast food restaurents near by.
Old May 21, 2001, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks CHIX and POTLURIM,
How are the rooms and any chance of upgrade with gold???

Hotel describes itself as resort type property...how is pool etc???
Old May 21, 2001, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Again, I have not stayed there. But had a meeting. I walked around and while I would not call it a resort, I would call it better than the average Hilton.

An indoor and outdoor pool, fishing, & jogging trails.

Why sure they should upgrade gold. You are entitled.
Old May 21, 2001, 7:33 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just north of DFW airport. The pool area is kind of neat, you overlook a lake area.

Upgrade should be no prob.

Not easy to get into the downtown areas of DFW due to location.
Old May 22, 2001, 12:12 am

Location: Coppell, Tx AA EXP, AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat
sjk616 -

No one else has mentioned this, so here goes: The hotel is out in the "country suburban" area north of DFW. You will need a car to get around. Unless you really, I mean serious "really" like walking a lot!

I live four (4) miles due east of the hotel and can see the red logo easily at night on the top of the hotel.

If you have a car, then restaurants, good ones that is, are just up the road on the outside edge of the Grapevine Mills mall parking area. Suggest Cozemel for Vera Cruz style Mexican food (seafood); Trail Dust for "beef" (but don't wear a tie - you have been warned); a really nice (ranch/hunting type) restaurant across the street from the hotel in the "Outdoor World" complex, and not the least is the restaurant inside the hotel which is easily 3-star quality. Grapevine (the city) is just to your west and off of hwy-114 there is just about every "chain" restaurant in the USA at the William D. Tate exit.

If you have children with you, park them at Grapevine Mills mall for "X" hours. Shop 'til you drop there also as it is a "discount " mall. Grapevine Lake dam is just behind the hotel, drive across the dam, lot of fun to see the sail boats, etc. Still need more - then jump in the car and take Hwy-121 SOUTH to IH-635 (only goes east from DFW into North Dallas, etc. Take Hwy-114 EAST towards Dallas and get off at O'Connor Road; turn left at the exit ramp stoplight; go back under the fwy ; through one more stoplight and you are Williams Square and the famous "Mustangs" sculpture. Do this at night.

Any way - have fun and enjoy one of the better times of the year for Dallas weather - I hope. Get a few rains (2 inches at a time maybe) or just a couple of tornados. But, Hey, they are FREE!!!!

dAAvid -

------------------
previously known as "Bigtex1"
Old May 22, 2001, 2:49 am

I stayed at DFW Hilton last fall. If you're just staying on the property, no need to get a car - the hotel has a free airport shuttle. The one restaurant that I browsed the menu of was hearty Western fare -- looked good! Room was quite nice.
Old May 22, 2001, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
DFW Lakes to this day gave me the largest hotel room that I've ever had. I checked in late and the only room they had was a Presidential Suite - too bad it was only a 10 hour stay It's a nice property, but it's pretty far out there.
Old Aug 11, 2001, 3:55 am

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center Trip Reports and Reviews

I just had the most pleasant stay at the Hilton Dallas Fort Worth Lakes and Conference center.

I had the worst flight schedule. I arrived in at Midnight and I had to fly out at 7 the next day. I made the reservation that morning (prior morning since it was after midnight when I arrived).

After a quick pickup by the hotel shuttle bus (less than 10 minutes), I arrive at the front desk. They take my nice little gold card, and give me a room on the 6th floor of their 8+ story hotel.

To take the elevator up to the HHonors levels you need to put your room key in. After being robbed at the Treasure Island once, I appreciate that feature.

I bumble into the room and its big. Texas sized big. Like 1000 square feet big. Get this it has a living room with a tv, couple of couches, couple of chairs, radio, bookshelf (with actual books), it has a full kitchen, it has a dining area (that would seat six), It had a walk in closet, two restrooms, one with a gigantic tub, and a room with a king sized bed, with a TV and plenty of room in it.

Im staying in this room for like 5 hours of sleep. It was wonderful, shockingly wonderful. The only sadness, was I had to get up at 5:30 to catch my flight.

The part that is amazing to me, was I paid a discounted $139.99 on expedia (plus taxes and such) and they put me in such a nice room because they weren't very full. And it wasn't even like a "presidental" suite, it was just an room in the middle of the HHonors floor.

Stranger things have happened, just not in a nice way!

VizSFO

PS. Dallas was flipping hot even at midnight.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 6:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: I used to be Plat, but now I'm not. Now I'm just Gold. Lucky if I keep that.
DFW Lakes property

Hello,

I have surprisingly found very little on this Hilton property in the archives.

Has anyone stayed here before? What can a Gold expect in terms of upgrade? Are the rooms nice? Is there a shuttle to/from the airport?

Thanks!

Old Jan 27, 2003, 3:31 pm

I wasn't gold when I stayed there about a year ago, but they did have an airport shuttle.

scott
Old Jan 27, 2003, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

stayed at this property about a year ago...upgraded to executive floor without asking,lounge was closed weekend days of my stay and given coupons for buffet in restaurant for those days,again,without asking...nothing special about rooms or lounge,but still a clean,well kept property...round the clock shuttle to DFW...
Old Jan 27, 2003, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I would agree w/ sjk in that the property is OK but nothing special. I stayed about a year ago as a Gold and was upgraded to the key access executive floor at check-in. The room was clean and nice. Don't know about the lounge as I arrived pretty late and left first thing the next morning. There's a few restaurants within walking distance through the parking lot at a nextdoor mall which was convenient. It seemed like a perfectly good airport hotel but nothing more.
Old Jan 27, 2003, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
It's O.K. - perfect for an early morning DFW flight. Also, I had one of the largest rooms ever when I stayed there. I arrived at 8:00pm and they were sold out for a conference and had did not have my room available - so I got a three-room suite with a 10 person conference table, 3 TV's, a wet bar, 2 couches, vcr, giant walk-in closet, huge bathroom, etc. Too bad I had to check out at 4:30am for my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.