Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Properties with Outside Room Entry and Exterior Corridors

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
IIRC there was a thread within the last ~18 months discussing that Hampton was going to close/disenfranchise properties with exterior corridors as not being up to the current standards of the brand.

If we're listing properties, the Hampton north of downtown in Albuquerque has exterior corrdidors. I spend a week or so there a couple of years ago.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
HI in Tifton, GA has outdoor entrances. IIRC, also the HI near the Orlando airport (MCO) as well.

The HI in Tifton is low rent.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Hattiesburg, MS has both outside and inside entry
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Hampton Inn in Gatlinburg, TN has outside entry and it's quite nice and right in the thick of everything.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:24 pm

HI in Clearwater (FL)

Not the best of hotels but it's only 7500 points per night so what can you expect ?.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:37 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus
Hampton Inn - Lebanon, TN

The Hampton in Lebanon, TN, (just outside Nashville) also has exterior corridors. The rooms were OK, but not the usual Hampton quality. They were a little run down , but pretty clean ^ .

The staff was EXCELLENT. They tried their best to make our stay a good one. I would stay there again if necessary, but since I usually travel alone with only my 4 year old daughter for company, I would prefer interior corridors.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP
The Hampton Inn in Warrenton, VA, has outside corridors.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 8:02 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
West Memphis, AR

Stayed fall of '03. Room was clean and in good condition.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 5:58 am

Programs: US-SP; HH-Diamond; Marriott-Plat; Hertz 5*; Avis First
HI at Norfolk VA (ORF) airport has outside entrances and was much in need of a facelift.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, Flying Blue Gold
During a fly drive holiday to Florida, I stayed at a few Hampton Inns and stayed in a room with an external door.

There is a way of finding out whether the doors are internal or external. If you take a look at a Hampton Inn hotel directory, then against each hotel, it states the number of rooms followed by a "/" then either E or I. E means external, I means Internal.

I don't think it actually mentions whether the doors are internal or external on hilton.com - this would be very useful.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
In Nashville, Hampton Inn Briley Parkway (which btw often has $49ish "shop and stay" rates, which give dubious coupons, but which are way better rates than any other rate there or nearby!) has exterior entrances, but for that kind of hotel it's not bad. (I last stayed there in January.)

As you'll notice from this thread, it's mostly in the South and Southwest that you find these. I do recall the thread about how Hampton was going to dump them supposedly, but perhaps they realized that this wasn't viable, considering how that would mean they'd lose their (not just Hampton, but HHonors) only property in plenty of towns in the South and Southwest.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 6:25 pm

Last Week, I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Vicksburg, MS.

They had external doors.

Peace!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:50 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Silver, PC Platinum, CC Gold
The Hampton, Chattanooga, TN, Airport I-75, has mostly exterior entries. There is one building with interior hallways, 2 floors. It's a nice property, I wouldn't call it run-down. The bedding seems new and the pillows are great.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
The "official" two letter code for Hampton Inns is HX. The code HI is for Holiday Inn.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:54 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bostinboggs
HI at Norfolk VA (ORF) airport has outside entrances and was much in need of a facelift.
It is now a Howard Johnson's. It was, by far, the worst Hampton in America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.