Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Stockholm Slussen {SWE}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GUWonder
February weekends in the Hilton Exec lounge can be busy. Not overpacked but pretty full still at the hours with the better freebies. The crowd is different on weekends in Feb than in the summer; I encounter more Swedes in it in Feb than in June-August.
Many thanks! And more Swedes sounds like more fun if only because hopefully they'll be able to give me some nice advice on which aquavit to try!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I was disappointed by the gym. There was ample equipment, but no water cooler (you had to purchase water, or bring your own). It also didn't have Precor equipment. I can't remember what brand it had, but it wasn't as good as Precor, IMO.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SS255
I was disappointed by the gym. There was ample equipment, but no water cooler (you had to purchase water, or bring your own). It also didn't have Precor equipment. I can't remember what brand it had, but it wasn't as good as Precor, IMO.
Thanks very useful! I sympathise with the water cooler point, it's a bit annoying when they are not there at gyms or saunas and you need to bring your own stuff!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Just returned from two 1-night stays, and was very pleased with the property. Check-in was a bit slow both times, as there always seemed to be quite a few people trying to either check-in or ask questions at the desk. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to an exec level room each night; the rooms were not large, but were quite comfortable - wood flooring and walls, a view over the water towards Gamla Stan, and all of the usual amenities (pod coffee maker, robe/slippers, etc.). The soundproofing was excellent-- I was right next to the elevators and ice machines one night (something I usually strive to avoid at all costs) and could not hear a thing from within the room.
The exec lounge was quite nice, with coffee/water/juice all day, some cakes in the late afternoon, and cheeses/appetizers/alcohol in the evening. I particularly enjoyed the Swedish pear cider. As others have mentioned, the lounge is not very large; fortunately I never had a problem getting a table, even though the hotel was quite full. The hotel also provided me with a coupon for a free glass of beer or wine at the bar each night, which I also took advantage of. I had to leave rather early in the morning, and was provided with a breakfast box to take with me, which I found to be a nice touch.
For me, the location was great for sightseeing; I took advantage of the proximity both to Gamla Stan and to the ferry to Djurgarden. Overall, I was quite happy with the stay(s), and would stay there again without hesitation.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
Smile Hilton Stockholm Video Review

A couple weeks ago I stayed at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

I put a little video review together of the hotel common areas, neighborhood, and a king-bed room on the 5th Floor.

If you'd like to watch the video review, check it out here:
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by thnarf
A couple weeks ago I stayed at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen.

I put a little video review together of the hotel common areas, neighborhood, and a king-bed room on the 5th Floor.

If you'd like to watch the video review, check it out here:
https://youtu.be/efjPcNz7N4k
Nicely done! Very helpful for my upcoming stay!
Also, it's called a shoe horn
Old Aug 13, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: Amex,Citi
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thnarf
A couple weeks ago I stayed at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen. I put a little video review together of the hotel common areas, neighborhood, and a king-bed room on the 5th Floor.
Nice review, helpful in planning my upcoming visit.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Had an extended stay here last month, lounge was never crowded, was happy enough to have breakfast there (did try downstairs one morning as well). Room was nice enough as in video above. Fantastic location next to T-bana station, but also an easy walk to Gamla Stan. Will definitely stay here again!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just spent a weekend here. Booked a king deluxe room and the app showed I'd been upgraded to a King Exec with view, the day before. No online check in though.

On arrival, I was told I'd been upgraded as Gold and could have breakfast in the lounge or restaurant. My room on the 4th floor though was facing the back (so no view) and right next to the lounge, so I did go back and ask if there were any others available. They claimed a view was anything with a window, but they managed to find a room on the 3rd floor.

Room ok, inside of windows could have done with a bit of a clean from other peoples forehead grease. No noise issues though. Doors that close without slamming and good soundproofing from the road outside. Very quiet. Pillows were the size of cushions and had no bounce left in them, they squashed down to nothing when used. Furniture looked a bit old. The bedside table swayed about and the main table already had some paper stuck under a leg to keep it stable. Chair and stool were stained.

Very busy in the restaurant for breakfast both days. On the Sunday there were no spare tables so went to the lounge instead.

Lounge is nice enough, cosy is probably the word for it. Though they had the sound from both TVs on (different channels) and music playing all at the same time, whenever I went in there. Nice selection of drinks and food available.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Staying here tonight. As dry weather walked the 1.6 Km from central station to hotel (only small shoulder bag) check in quick and upgraded to deluxe room on 5th floor in non exec wing. Room okay same as exec in my opinion. Lounge busy but still seats available and nice beer. ^ drink voucher for bar as well. Will give that a go later and maybe eat something here tonight.Still like the location and hotel.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by BotB
Staying here tonight. As dry weather walked the 1.6 Km from central station to hotel (only small shoulder bag) check in quick and upgraded to deluxe room on 5th floor in non exec wing. Room okay same as exec in my opinion. Lounge busy but still seats available and nice beer. ^ drink voucher for bar as well. Will give that a go later and maybe eat something here tonight.Still like the location and hotel.
Having just did a status match last month to Hilton Diamond, I am staying at this property next weekend!

When I made the reservation hilton.com gave me a one-level upgrade but it wasn't to a suite so I am confused. Maybe they will upgrade me at the desk?

First time to Stockholm, first time in a Hilton hotel. Hope they give me a nice room!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by 355F1

......When I made the reservation hilton.com gave me a one-level upgrade but it wasn't to a suite so I am confused. Maybe they will upgrade me at the desk?
Diamonds are entitled to a complementary upgrade if available.
This upgrade can be one-level, two-level etc. or it can be no-level but to a room that has a view, has a nice location etc. It can also be to a suite.
Upgrades to suites are rare occurences for most diamonds.
So you are not entitled to an upgrade to a suite, only to an upgrade in general.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:05 am

When I made the reservation hilton.com gave me a one-level upgrade but it wasn't to a suite so I am confused.
No need to be confused, it's easy: Hilton Diamonds who want to stay in suites pay for suites.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
When I made the reservation hilton.com gave me a one-level upgrade but it wasn't to a suite so I am confused. Maybe they will upgrade me at the desk?
What do you mean by "Hilton.com gave you a one level upgrade?" I suppose you mean the e-standby options. Even that potential upgrade is only "if available at check-in". Don't hold your breath for an upgrade to a suite at this property, they are very rare.

Enjoy your stay, it's a nice hotel (even if the rooms are very small) and Stockholm is a lovely city.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:10 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by sbams
What do you mean by "Hilton.com gave you a one level upgrade?" I suppose you mean the e-standby options. Even that potential upgrade is only "if available at check-in". Don't hold your breath for an upgrade to a suite at this property, they are very rare.

Enjoy your stay, it's a nice hotel (even if the rooms are very small) and Stockholm is a lovely city.
Yeah...that is what I meant--some standby thing for free.

BUt the hotel is showing as sold out for my stay. Didn't think that that many people visited Stockholm on a Friday night in the winter time. LoL.

Guess I can hope someone cancels their reservation by next weekend so I can get an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.