Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Stockholm Slussen {SWE}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by colpuck
I had a question for any of you that have booked this hotel previously. I had a stay that ended on Monday (1/16) it is now Friday (1/20). My Hhonors activity does not show the stay/nights/points earned, but the stay does show up on my hotel stays summary, but with no folio attached. The folio I got from the hotel is just a simple receipt that didn't show my HH number or points earned.

How long should I wait before reporting a missing stay to HH?
I had the same issue with my last stay, 14-15/1, an email to the diamond desk took care of the problem within hours. Earlier stays at Slussen have always posted almost directly though.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 2:34 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Mini TR: Good

Hi,
Just returned from a weekend in Stockholm and stayed at this establishment. I can only say good things about the the place.
Staff: Friendly and helpful. Always willing to help and always with a smile. All spoke perfect english.
Location: Very well located. Close to the old city and also the southern part of the city. Close to either the Gamla Stan or Slussen T-bana(Metro).
Room: Most probably small compared to other big cities, but for me it was big enough. I was upgraded to a corner room. Though I did also see other normal rooms, which I thought was big enough.
Breakfast: Lounge had slightly less choices compared to the breakfast room which offered great spread of choices.
Executive lounge: Sadly I did not have much chance to visit except for once occasion. It seems rather well stock. Cannot comment much on the offerings since I was not able to check it out on both evenings. However it is quite a small lounge so I can expect that it can be packed if crowded.
General: The hotel is very good in both location and offerings. They try their best to provide Elite members all the promised benefits. The hotel is also very proud of their green label and this is reflected in their food offerings. I would certainly return.

Below are some photos of the executive lounge.

Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by kempis
I had the same issue with my last stay, 14-15/1, an email to the diamond desk took care of the problem within hours. Earlier stays at Slussen have always posted almost directly though.
Thanks, an e-mail to hhonors got the cleaned up the same day. They said the points posted to another account.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Thanks for the photos, nldogbert!
Originally Posted by nldogbert
The hotel is also very proud of their green label and this is reflected in their food offerings.
What does this mean? Do they have organic food?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Agreed ^.

Originally Posted by kempis
I really love this place and I do sleep good in their beds. Exec lounge is one of the best I have experienced.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by anabolism
What does this mean? Do they have organic food?
Yes, they have organic food. I read the "green booklet" in the room, and there it was mentioned that they try and source all their food from surround organic farms and most interestingly, they have their own bee colony for the honey on the roof [guess not for winter].
They even have a special section in the breakfast room for people with different allergies/diet, e.g lactose free, gluten free, etc..
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes, they have organic food. I read the "green booklet" in the room, and there it was mentioned that they try and source all their food from surround organic farms and most interestingly, they have their own bee colony for the honey on the roof [guess not for winter].
They even have a special section in the breakfast room for people with different allergies/diet, e.g lactose free, gluten free, etc..
Very cool.

I wonder if they have organic beef?

Last edited by anabolism; Jan 23, 2012 at 11:26 pm
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Looking at staying here for two nights at the end of July (leisure).

The prices were originally extortionate (around £550 for the two nights), it has now dropped to around £340 which is much better but still considerably more than other places. There are no standard rooms listed so that is for a deluxe twin.

Just wondered if people think it is worth it as a Gold?

Place looks very nice but I guess there must be something on for the prices to be so high (not reflected at other properties in the city on those dates).

Might book a cancellable rate somewhere else and watch Hilton price... any recent feedback/ opinions from people?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by ab007
Looking at staying here for two nights at the end of July (leisure).

The prices were originally extortionate (around £550 for the two nights), it has now dropped to around £340 which is much better but still considerably more than other places. There are no standard rooms listed so that is for a deluxe twin.

Just wondered if people think it is worth it as a Gold?

Place looks very nice but I guess there must be something on for the prices to be so high (not reflected at other properties in the city on those dates).

Might book a cancellable rate somewhere else and watch Hilton price... any recent feedback/ opinions from people?
Price is really a very personal decision, some tolerate spending more than others, but there is (or was) a great getaway up to 40% sale, so try that.

Anyways, I stayed here as GOLD and was upgraded to EL Level on the new wing, rooms are nice, but small, the real upgrade is city view, fenomenal. Also the breakfast is free, downstairs, and IMHO, it is one of the best breakfast that I have had at a hotel, not only an enormous amount of selections, you can also order some items on the menu. Then the louunge is small, but has a very decent amount of evening food selection and beverages, we "dined" here every night, so that was significant savings. Location was great, uphill though. So base that on your decision. I used points for my stay. Enjoy!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:35 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All,
I am leaning towards staying at this property. No Hyatts in town and the Sheraton has very mixed reviews.
How are the beds here in this hotel?
I've heard wonderful and medium firmness and those that say as comfortable as concrete/like a rock/I prefer a soft pillow top like the US Hiltons Sheratons,Westins.
Any Recent experiences ? It looks like a solid choice otherwise
Please advise Thank You
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I've never had an issue. Beds/pillows seem fine to me. Course, I'm shattered each day from exploring that it really doesn't matter. Love this property.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:58 am

Programs: QR Plat, EK Plat, EY Plat, HH Diamond
My favourite hotel in Stockholm. As long you get a room with view (I have always booked cheapest room and been upgraded to King Exec with view) you'll have a great view over Stockholm. Rooms are small but that's pretty common for swedish hotels.

Lounge is small but though very coozy with brilliant staff. Little bit sad that they changed the free alcohol time to 6pm-8.30pm a couple of months ago. Before that it was free from 6pm-11pm which always was a very good start for a night out

The breakfast in Hilton is considered as one of the best in Stockholm by my friends who live there permanently.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by imniclas
My favourite hotel in Stockholm. As long you get a room with view (I have always booked cheapest room and been upgraded to King Exec with view) you'll have a great view over Stockholm. Rooms are small but that's pretty common for swedish hotels.

Lounge is small but though very coozy with brilliant staff. Little bit sad that they changed the free alcohol time to 6pm-8.30pm a couple of months ago. Before that it was free from 6pm-11pm which always was a very good start for a night out

The breakfast in Hilton is considered as one of the best in Stockholm by my friends who live there permanently.
Thanks for the heads up
Thoughts on beds?Firm? Medium? Soft?

The Hilton Slussen restaurant has very good reviews as does the hotel with the exception of many remarking on small guest rooms.
Are the King Executive rooms small too?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Abidjan
I've never had an issue. Beds/pillows seem fine to me. Course, I'm shattered each day from exploring that it really doesn't matter. Love this property.
Appreciate the info can you define seems fine ?
Compared to what?
Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks for the heads up
Thoughts on beds?Firm? Medium? Soft?

Are the King Executive rooms small too?
I found the beds to be rock hard, but that seems to be the European standard. The executive rooms are small. but they are quite nice and the bathrooms are epic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.