Hilton Stockholm Slussen {SWE}

Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by anabolism
The web site is still showing no availability for next August. I hope they are not leaving, as I was looking forward to staying at a Hilton in Stockholm finally (and when I was last in Stockholm, I swam at Eriksdalsbadet every day, and the subway went right by the Hilton Slussen so it looks very convenient.)
Given the external work that had been going on at the hotel during the past few months, if it's not (also?) part of a plan to go away from the Hilton family , perhaps some kind of major renovation project inside is under consideration.

Care to twitter? Well, try the GM: http://twitter.com/#!/peteriksson to ask about how to make a booking for the desired period.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
There is no availability for early next year either.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Contacted the hotel and was told they are still loading the rates for next year; should be done by mid-November.

Last edited by anabolism; Nov 8, 2011 at 4:29 pm
Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:06 am

I just checked availability in Sept 2012 and it showed all sorts of choices.

I need some advice from you Hilton fans. Although I stayed primarily in Marriott and Hyatt, during my 15 years as a road warrior I amassed about 215,000 Hilton points. I have zero status. My partner and I live in a small NYC apartment so we're not used to a lot of space. My question: I'm trying to decide between a King Executive room and a Junior Suite, both with club access. The room is 215 sf and the 'suite' is 323 sf. I realize that the 'suite' is just a room with a seating area but I thought I'd see if anyone had an opinion as to whether or not it's worth it. If I book the room, I'll have about 50,000 points left, which might come in handy for a single-night stay somewhere. The suite will use up all but 5,000 of my points. Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by sfpaul900
I need some advice from you Hilton fans. Although I stayed primarily in Marriott and Hyatt, during my 15 years as a road warrior I amassed about 215,000 Hilton points. I have zero status. My partner and I live in a small NYC apartment so we're not used to a lot of space. My question: I'm trying to decide between a King Executive room and a Junior Suite, both with club access. The room is 215 sf and the 'suite' is 323 sf. I realize that the 'suite' is just a room with a seating area but I thought I'd see if anyone had an opinion as to whether or not it's worth it. If I book the room, I'll have about 50,000 points left, which might come in handy for a single-night stay somewhere. The suite will use up all but 5,000 of my points. Thanks for your help.
If it was me, I'd call the hotel and ask about the rooms you're considering. Maybe ask for a duty manager, who might be more knowledgeable about the rooms, and might be in a good mood and could block you in an especially good room.

Of course, your own tastes and habits are important in a choice such as this. Will you feel better, more like a vacation, being in a larger, nicer room? Will you be out and about from early morning until late evening, or will you make frequent pit stops back at the room throughout the day?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
Re availability - at least in late August and early Sept. 2012 - there must be something big going on in Stockholm. Not only is the Hilton showing no rooms at the inn for my dates (Sept. 8 - 10), but many many other hotels, large and small in the tourist areas (Gamla and around the central train station, e.g., including the Sheraton, the Marriott, the Radisson), are also showing same. Others that still have rooms are asking for pretty exorbitant rates. Since I'm Diamond, I lucked out at the Hilton in that they offered a room for points, although it was only a twin. On the other hand it was a deluxe twin with view. I grabbed it, figuring that it is likely that a king bed room will become available between now and Sept. (King bed is in my preferences, plus I requested it in my comments). We'll see what happens.

BTW, interestingly, while searching the Hilton site but before I had logged in and so the site didn't yet know I was Diamond, not even a Reward room was showing. After logging in, the Reward offer appeared. So I guess there are still a few benefits to being Diamond.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Staying at the hotel right now. Rooms are small. The exec lounge is nice. The bed is rock hard (not real happy about that). Plenty of well placed outlets, including one US and one UK outlet.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by colpuck
Staying at the hotel right now. Rooms are small. The exec lounge is nice. The bed is rock hard (not real happy about that). Plenty of well placed outlets, including one US and one UK outlet.
What kind of room are you in?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What kind of room are you in?
King room on the executive floor.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by colpuck
Did we stay at this hotel at the same time? I spent last night at this hotel. I really love this place and I do sleep good in their beds. Exec lounge is one of the best I have experienced.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I was put on the 3rd floor of the main building ( floors 3& 4 are executive floors with the clubroom on the 4th floor).
The room was large and faced a building on the other side of the street.The walls were covered with wooden panels ( alternating dark borwn/light brown- it looks better than described)
It only had thin curtains but had blinds which did a good job of keeping the light out.
I wonder if you got a junior suite, since your room was large while others have said even the king executive rooms are very small.
The cupboards are well designed and swivel outwards to nake full use of the space ( there is not a lot of storage room as the cupboards are narrow).
Hearing this makes me nervous, as I like to unpack into drawers and have easy access to stuff.
The fitness room is NOT free ( independently owned and operated) but around 75 SEK ( Ł6 /$9) and has a good selection of workout machines plus a medium sizer swimmimg pool ( cool water).
I guess the pool has since closed? The hotel no longer lists a pool. (There is the public one two stops away on the subway.)

Originally Posted by JDiver
The room itself is, as others have mentioned, not very large, 14m˛/150sq.ft, with no closets (rather smallish doors with hangers and wire baskets open for clothes hanging, the few drawers are extremely shallow, and the room feels even smaller due to the contrasting woods checkerboard effect (supposedly visually offset by the extensive use of mirrors.)
Sounds like this is a consistent and maybe worst defect of the hotel.

Originally Posted by hsmall
I saw the expression across the checkin clerk's face for a split second when he saw we were a same sex couple...I feel irrationally angry about this.
Surprising to hear this, since for many years Sweden (along with the rest of Scandinavia) has a reputation for being completely and totally accepting of homosexuality. Stockholm especially. I'd be surprised if any hotel employee had an issue with a same-sex couple, even in repressed states where homosexuality is illegal, but much more so in a place like Stockholm where it seems nothing remarkable. Maybe the clerk was very new, very sheltered, and very naive?

Originally Posted by dave10
Hi there - planning on booking two rooms here in May, and I wondered what the chances are of both being upgraded (am Diamond). Doesn't seem that likely reading the posts here.....but most Hiltons tend to let all guests under the one booking use the lounge. Anyone any experience of this in Stockholm?
I've not stayed at this property yet, but my experience with Hilton and other hotels worldwide is that if both rooms are booked by the Diamond member they will both likely be upgraded.

Especially but not necessarily if they are booked on the same reservation.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:44 pm

Sounds like the major drawback to this property is that the rooms are small, even the king executive ones (presumably the others are even smaller), and there is not much storage space for those who like to unpack.

Seems that upsides are nice views (is water view the best?), nice lounge, and easy access.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Sounds like the major drawback to this property is that the rooms are small, even the king executive ones (presumably the others are even smaller), and there is not much storage space for those who like to unpack.

Seems that upsides are nice views (is water view the best?), nice lounge, and easy access.

Rooms are not tiny, not huge, they are just standard euro rooms.
Ask for city views, they are outstanding!
As Gold got upgraded to ExecFloor, a few steps from EL. (Award stay)
The EL is very nice, modern, not huge either, 1500 sf, all day had nuts, cookies, cakes, full open bar. I was impressed with afternoon spread, beef skewers, fish, shrimp, warm cheese, etc. I had a full dinner out of this, the place was packed and the girls kept the food coming. There were still people drinking at around 11pm when I returned one night.
The breakfast spread is pretty good, but you can chose and go downstairs, which is outstanding! And if the 5 stations are not enough for you, there are additional items on menu that you can ask for, part of the buffet, which is free for golds!

One thing that I found out is that they provide bikes which you can use for free, cant reserve, first come, first served, so on sunday, we got them at 9am, went for a 1.5hr ride, the city was a ghost town, so we rode around on plazas, near monuments, etc. Then made the almost impossible climb up the hill, which I was able to make it peddling like armstrong, showered and killed the breakfast buffet just before they closed! Best part of my stay!!!!!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kempis
Did we stay at this hotel at the same time? I spent last night at this hotel. I really love this place and I do sleep good in their beds. Exec lounge is one of the best I have experienced.
I was there over the weekend with the GF.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a question for any of you that have booked this hotel previously. I had a stay that ended on Monday (1/16) it is now Friday (1/20). My Hhonors activity does not show the stay/nights/points earned, but the stay does show up on my hotel stays summary, but with no folio attached. The folio I got from the hotel is just a simple receipt that didn't show my HH number or points earned.

How long should I wait before reporting a missing stay to HH?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.