Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Dallas, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Dallas, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 8:29 am

[/QUOTE]You may also want to find out which hotel will be your school's official headquarters - that would be a fun place to be near.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's that Hyatt for SEC. Not a hilton
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:48 am

No Hiltons within walking distance of the Hyatt. But the Anatole is 2 miles away (also ES, HGI, DT and Homewood in the same area. And the Park Cities is 5 miles away.
The DT-Campbell Ctr is 5 miles, across the street from NorthPark Mall and near good restaurants. the Embassy Suites at the Galleria is nice, but 11 miles from downtown.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:53 am

yes, we've stayed at the ES near the galleria before on a spur of the moment shopping trip. It was nice. I'm sure we'll find something. Thanks for all the advice
Old Nov 29, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by lexie
yes, we've stayed at the ES near the galleria before on a spur of the moment shopping trip. It was nice. I'm sure we'll find something. Thanks for all the advice
Just FYI, there is a Hilton Garden Inn located in Lewisville and it is only about two months old. I've heard from a couple of friends who have stayed there and said it was great. Probably a 30 minute drive to Fair Park from there, but I imagine a lot less crowded than downtown and probably cheaper. Just an option!!!
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:30 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My opinion of this place continues to go up.

Very, very welcoming and friendly staff.

Due a snafu with luggage (combining the worst of both UA and AA), I had to go back to the airport about 10:30pm. Even though the hotel says its shuttle only runs til 10pm, the shuttle driver was more than happy to take me.

Room nothing special, but, again, on a reward stay maybe there are no upgrades to be had. Standard Hampton breakfast.

This remains a bargain at 10K points (particularly if someone gave you the points ). But it also had a $75 "manager's special" rate -- which is about 1/2 of any other HHonors property in the area of the airport)
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
My opinion of this place continues to go up.
Just to be sure, exactly which place are you talking about?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hampton Inn/Grand Prairie/Six Flags
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...78&postcount=4
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...51&postcount=8
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=12
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Hampton Inn/Grand Prairie/Six Flags
Thanks! That is good news, I am planning a mattress run there soon. ^
Old Aug 3, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Dallas

I tried a search and only found 5-6 year old threads, and I'm sure time has changed.

What would be good, affordable ($120ish a night or less) in the Frisco, TX area? Is Frisco even a good part of town?

Brand doesn't matter (prefer Hampton for the free breakfast)

Any suggestions from the locals, or frequent visitors?
Old Aug 3, 2008, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Homewood Suites Plano/North Dallas)?

Frisco isn't bad - big Mall (Stonebrier) and lots of place to eat etc. It's a little out of the way but but you're talking perhaps 15-20 minutes to downtown if you take the toll road (longer if you just go along Preston). In terms of hotels, Legacy is close by but I'm not sure if there are any Hiltons. A little further afield, you have Plano and North Dallas.

Now, as per my subject line, if you don't require a full service hotel, I do recommend the Homewood Suites North Dallas/Plano on Old Shepard Place for no other reason than I've stayed there (for over six months in total) and really liked the place (and there's a Hampton right next door).

It's approx half way between Dallas proper and Frisco, heading in either direction down Preston. It is in a nice part of town (I don't drive and walking to restaurants/Whole Foods was never a problem unless temperature was > 90) and very close to various restaurants and shopping areas. From this hotel, you're talking 10-15 minutes down Preston to get to Frisco.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As a local, yes, Frisco is a nice suburb. If you need to stay specifically in Frisco there is an Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn as well as a brand new Homewood Suites. A HGI will open in a few months. All are VERY close to one another. Not sure you can get them for $120. but check your dates and see. As stated, Stonebriar mall and numerous restaurants are very close by.

There is also a brand new Holiday Inn and a not as new (but still nice) Holiday Inn Express in the same general area. Both are 100% smoke free hotels.

There is a new Comfort Suites (smoke free) a bit farther north than the others I mentioned but it's right next to the Pizza Hut Park (where FC Dallas plays soccer).

Sorry if I got OT for the Hilton forum but you stated brand didn't matter so I threw out a few other (but certainly not all) options.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:21 pm

Programs: HP/US Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Brand doesn't matter, but Family does Gotta get the points.

I'll be going to a concert in Frisco, and want to be near the stadium.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!
Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:42 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Any opinions of the Hilton Southlake

Hello,

I am going to be visiting the Southlake / Grapevine area near Dallas, and am considering staying at the Hilton Southlake. Looks pretty decent on the web site, any opinions of the place from those of you who have stayed there?

Thanks,
Sankaps.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Lincon Center Parking

i just booked 3 days at the HLC on priceline sat to tues. i sort of think there is a $10 fee for parking. is there any on street, or back lot parking any where, even if only for the weekend days?

my portofilio has collapsed, so i now must resort to priceline, on street parking, and mooching off relatives.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:02 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, AAdvantage, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, BOFA Accolades
Unfortunately, there is no free parking. You can park at the mall and catch the shuttle back to the hotel. (Free Shuttle) Other than that, you are stuck paying the fee.

The hotel itself is very nice and located right across the highway from the Galleria Mall(Very Nice Mall-High End Shops). Let me know if you have additional questions as I live in the DFW area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.