Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 9:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Anyone know if bathrobes get automatically washed between guests (at properties where you don't keep them)? I've read some horror stories about glasses in hotel rooms.

I'm a bit hesitant to put on a robe that someone else may have worn without it having been washed. I'll normally just wrap a towel around me after I shower, while brushing teeth, shaving, etc. It seems pretty safe that the towels have been washed.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aztimm
Anyone know if bathrobes get automatically washed between guests (at properties where you don't keep them)? I've read some horror stories about glasses in hotel rooms.
Used bathrobes should be (and generally are) treated like used towels: laundered between guests.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 11:12 am

Recently at a stay in the ES, Crystal City, VA there was a robe in the closet, wrapped in plastic. No notes
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:54 am

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
I stayed at ES Waikiki as Diamond for 3 nights about 3 weeks ago and nobody ever suggested i got a free bathrobe.

Nevermind, I lied, I stayed at DoubleTree Waikiki.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:03 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Wow... I had no idea I was allowed to keep that robe. Damn ... I've gotten them at dozens of ES for being a Diamond! Not that I need them, mind you, but it would have been nice to know.

Sadly, the Robe benefit for Diamonds has been REVOKED! I just checked the Web site, and it's been removed from the benefits that diamonds have enjoyed.

Just one more example of why Diamond just ain't worth it anymore....
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
deleted for double post

Last edited by jazzhou; Mar 18, 2008 at 10:27 pm
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA Prem Plat, CX MPC Silver, CI Dynasty Gold; HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by JDiver
... - one block to Waikiki, two to Kalakaua Avenue. Thre is a Denny's, a Stabucks in the Outrigger, and a couple of other reasonably priced restaurants on Beach Walk and Lewers.
This is one of the nicer ES properties we've stayed in. The look and feel of the exterior of the building don't match the interior of the rooms. The rooms are nice. The location is good. The staff is friendly and efficient.

We came upon a very nice "Southern Sicilian" restaurant run by a Japanese chef/owner, Taormina. It's right across the street from on Lewers. Give it a try. Reservation is recommended after 7:00 PM. There was a lot of people waiting.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Originally Posted by Punki
We stayed at this property last week in a one bedroom suite with our son and his girlfriend. One night was an award stay just because the prices got crazy. It was certainly tighter accomodations than those to which we are accustomed, but it worked just fine.

Both the breakfast and the cocktail and cocktail hour snacks and live entertainment were unusually good. This hotel goes in my TOP THREE Embassy Suites along with Portland, Oregon and Deerfield Beach, Florida. ^
Hi - I am booked with hubbie for stay in May 08. My mom is thinking of joining us in Hawaii, but not committed yet. Right now my res is booked for 2 people but was wondering if she does join us - would I have to let hotel know we have 3rd adult in room (reason I am asking is the rate jumps nearly $45 per night to add 3rd adult - don't think it's worth is as mom does not drink and she eats like a bird

For the breakfast and happy hour....do they confirm you are guest (and confirm # of people per room)? At most embassy suites I just show room key but did not know if this location does anything differently. Any input on how you saw breakfast/cocktails work?

Also, is the construction of the Trump condos next door creating noise problems in the ES rooms? Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Embassy Suites Waikiki - how bad is construction noise?

Hi - I did a search but could not find recent posts for info on how loud the construction noise is at the Embassy Suites Waikiki (building of Trump building next door).

We'll be there in late May for a week and would greatly appreciate any insights as to how bad it really is....does it walk you up early in the morning? is it just bad if you sit on the lanai or do you hear the banging with the doors/windows closed?

I called hotel directly but did not really get a straight answer.

Mahalo!
Old May 31, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Smile I am currently staying at the hotel

Hi. We booked the embassy suites on an AXON award and are diamond. I sent an email to the hotel, asking for a quiet room away from construction of Trump tower. Received a nice email response saying they would do so but the noise isnt bad.

When we checked in last night, we were assigned a corner suite in the Hula tower on the 21st floor with partial views of ocean (block away) and mountains. (There is another tower, the Aloha tower that is closer to the constuction and a bit further back from the beach.The suite is lovely--you can see everything has been renovated. There is a nice sleeper sofa in living room with a pineapple motif. Carpeting has raised palm motif also repeared on lamps. Nice amenities --Bloom rosemary infused-- and slippers and robes. .

When we checked in, we were offered glasses of juice. At the managers happy hour, free drink selections included tropical drinks: mai tai, blue hawaiian, hawaiian punch plus others. Breakfast is terrific with made to order omelets, fresh fruit and normal breakfast buffet items plus such things as miso soup, rice and salad.

The location in Waikiki walk is very nice with lots of shops just outside the hotel.

As to noise, we are far away from the construction noise but are right on the street. There is some street noise which is minimized by closing the sliding glass doors and closing the heavy drapes.

Previously we stayed at the HHV and the Doubletree. While the view from the Rainbow tower corner room was to die for, for overall quality and value, as well as central location in Waikiki, I think the Embassy Suites is my new Hilton favorite in Honolulu.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Final parts of report from recent stay

Today I checked out of the ES so I thought I would share some additional thoughts

Except for the check-in night, we had a lovely turndown service with towels, amenities replaced; a package with two chocolate macadamia candies and an orchid on the pillow.

The coupon book the hotel provided--the ES is franchised by the Outrigger Group and there were good coupons for attractions and restaurants. There was a coupon book for Oahu also handed out at the neighboring Waikiki beach walk. I think the hotel book was the best; we used the coupon for the oceanfront shorebirds restaurant (grill your own meat-kind of fun) in the Outrigger Reef across the street, buy one, get one entree 50% off, up to four people).

The hotel check-in package included an early bird dinner offer at Roy's a well known Hawaiian chain that is in the hotel for a 3 course dinner(with lots of choices) for $39.95 if seated between 5 and 6.

We did the Mai Tai sunset cruise which left near the Sheraton Waikiki (two blocks away) and it was great fun on a fast catamaran sailboat. We also saw the Society of Seven show at another Outrigger hotel (the one with Duke's restaurant) about three blocks away--great show but don't bother with the dinner!)

The staff at the ES were always friendly. Another bonus was when we booked the cruise through the hotel and charged to the room, we did get HHonors points, our only ones for this reward stay. Often you dont get points when tours charged to room so this was nice!

The only negative, as reported in this thread, was the pool--fairly small for the two building hotel, only 4 feet at deepest, and understandably, filled with happy children. It would be nice if there were an option to use another pool in an Outrigger hotel

We were very pleased with this stay and would definitely return when we are in Honolulu again. We didnt miss a car, the other tours we took included hotel pickup and we could walk to everything else.

Cheers!
Old Jun 18, 2008, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Did you end up staying there? How disruptive was the construction noise?

Do you think that the work will be done by mid-December?

Thanks..........loomis
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: HH Silver(!), SPG Gold, United Silver
We were there in late April. Arrived in HNL very early in the morning after an overnight flight, and were given a room at about 800am. We both fell asleep and were not bothered by the construction noise. Obviously, it's going to be worse if you are on that side of the hotel and the sliding door to the lanai is open, but we weren't woken up.

Then again, we live in New York, and there's always noise here, so maybe that's why we weren't bothered?
Old Jun 18, 2008, 9:51 am

my post in the main thread covered this

Check out the main thread on the Embassy Suites. My husband (Diamond) and I stayed there May 30 to June 2 on an AXON and had emailed earlier for a quiet room away from construction. We got a room on the top floor of the tower farthest away (check other thread for name) of the two towers--the other was next to the Trump.

We had some street noise but no construction noise. Very nice hotel, lots included--see my detailed post on other thread.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:42 pm
ES

Originally Posted by silver springer
Hi. We booked the embassy suites on an AXON award and are diamond. I sent an email to the hotel, asking for a quiet room away from construction of Trump tower. Received a nice email response saying they would do so but the noise isnt bad.
My reading of other Hilton Honolulu posts lead me to believe that many FTers e-mail the hotels, primarily related to HHV stays, and request better rooms. How successful is that strategy with the ES in Waikiki? If there are possible benefits, what rooms should be requested? We are two adults staying a week in mid-August on points with a seven and a nine year old and I am Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.