Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

Embassy Suites Waikiki Beach Walk {US-HI}

Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: hilton diamond, hyatt platimum,best western diamond elite
i've never had a problem booking...sometimes even calling the hotel helps
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Just booked an AXON for 11/25-11/29, put down 4 adults which I did 2 years ago when I stayed there (wife/son/his girlfriend). DD could not get it to go through unless she changed it to 2 adults so I told her to go ahead and book for 2. Thanksgiving is not exactly high season and my wife and I are not inclined to lie and try to hide our son/girlfriend when checking in.

I am leaning towards emailing the property explaining my issue, has anyone had a similiar problem? If they want to charge me $10pp or so extra fine; we chose the ES because 4 people can be more comfortable there. The other Honolulu properties offer standard rooms for 4 adults but they all just show 2 double beds.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Though one can find an AXON at this property for two people, the extra two will incur a service charge. I think another post mentions $60 per person?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Just booked an AXON for 11/25-11/29, put down 4 adults which I did 2 years ago when I stayed there (wife/son/his girlfriend). DD could not get it to go through unless she changed it to 2 adults so I told her to go ahead and book for 2. Thanksgiving is not exactly high season and my wife and I are not inclined to lie and try to hide our son/girlfriend when checking in.

I am leaning towards emailing the property explaining my issue, has anyone had a similiar problem? If they want to charge me $10pp or so extra fine; we chose the ES because 4 people can be more comfortable there. The other Honolulu properties offer standard rooms for 4 adults but they all just show 2 double beds.
Having stayed there a couple years ago, I can confirm they were going to put an extra charge of $40/person/night. My cousin and his wife were vacationing In HI as well (on Maui), and though not originally planned, we decided to have them come stay with us (after we already checked in). Let's just say this location is rather non-specific about how many people were in the suite.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
Question

Do you think there's a chance that the hotel would keep luggage stored as I island hop for a few days out of Oahu?

I will be on a trip with my family on the west coast of US and 1 1/2 week Hawaii at the end, with a lot of luggage..... and i see the airlines would charge my 17$ per leg per piece... would be expensive....

Do they store the luggage? I will be 2 nights in this property and than to maui/Big Island and back to HNL....

Do someone have an email address of this property (manager?!) (tried the contact at: http://embassysuiteswaikiki.com/contact but no answerd)?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SerocoOl
Do you think there's a chance that the hotel would keep luggage stored as I island hop for a few days out of Oahu?

I will be on a trip with my family on the west coast of US and 1 1/2 week Hawaii at the end, with a lot of luggage..... and i see the airlines would charge my 17$ per leg per piece... would be expensive....

Do they store the luggage? I will be 2 nights in this property and than to maui/Big Island and back to HNL....

Do someone have an email address of this property (manager?!) (tried the contact at: http://embassysuiteswaikiki.com/contact but no answerd)?
I'd say you be fine. Just ask ahead of time and get someone to say yes to seal the deal. Or a nice tip to the concierge will go a long way.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: HH Diamond, TK Elite+ *G, ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum, LH MM
Originally Posted by SerocoOl
Do someone have a e-mail adress? Would like to manage the question befor i fly to Hawaii.......
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:30 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Waikiki Embassy Suites?

Anyone stay there? It's a new property, yes? Bringing our 1 year old soon and would like a place with the duel room for naps and so we can watch tv or something.

Is it the usual layout? Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: delta PM, united G, marriott titanium, hilton diamond, avis preferred, hertz pres circle
very nice clean property but not new. stayed there for a week in October. had a King suite - two separate rooms with a door between the two. TVs in each room. separate air conditioners. small fridge and microwave. nice pool deck with towels provided. easy walk to beach. right in the tourist area - lots of shops and restaurants in the area. convenience store downstairs. i thought that this was a great property and would go back next time.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...each-walk.html
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:54 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Excellent, thank you!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: hhilton mypoints alaska airlines american airlines
awesome

stayed there in December 2011. The free breakfast was the best! Lots of fresh local fruit, meat, cooked to order omelets (like all embassy's) the 2 rooms were great my teenager slept on the roll out couch, my husband and me in one bed and my other 2 kids in the other bed. At night the entertainment was by the pool and the free drinks (blue Hawaiians!!) for grownups and kids were a special FREE treat on an island that gets you everywhere you go. Have fun!!!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by hylynn
stayed there in December 2011. The free breakfast was the best! Lots of fresh local fruit, meat, cooked to order omelets (like all embassy's) the 2 rooms were great my teenager slept on the roll out couch, my husband and me in one bed and my other 2 kids in the other bed. At night the entertainment was by the pool and the free drinks (blue Hawaiians!!) for grownups and kids were a special FREE treat on an island that gets you everywhere you go. Have fun!!!
+1. Love staying there when not working! ^
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is Hale Koa parking still an option when staying at ES?

Originally Posted by iahphx
I highly recommend parking in the open-air "military" lot a block from the hotel (less than a 2 minute walk -- I've stayed in several Hawaiian hotels where the on-site parking was further!). It's currently $16/day tax-free for non-military personnel, with a 3 day minimum (check Hale Koa website for latest info). No real problem finding a spot close to the Embassy Suites. You do have to drive over to the Hale Koa hotel garage (2 blocks away) to pick up your electronic card when you begin your parking. They charge you a $10 deposit for the card, but it's refunded when you exit for the last time at the closer open-air lot. Unless you're unwilling to walk 2 minutes (and a stay in Waikiki seems to always involve some walking), or are particularly fond of valet parking, I think it's the most logical parking option for stays of 3 days or more. There are a few meter spaces nearby, but winning the lottery would seem to be more probable than conveniently using these spaces (I never saw one open). You can also park overnight at the nearby post office for $5, but since you need to move it by 6 am that seems like cruel and unusual punishment. $5 does cover you all day on Sunday at the PO if you happen to be arriving on a Saturday. There does seem to be another private lot up the street on Beachwalk that offers overnight parking, but I didn't investigate it due to the military lot option; maybe somebody staying fewer than 3 nights would want to given the $30 hotel valet fee, which I assume also has a nasty tax added to it.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by azepine00
Is Hale Koa parking still an option when staying at ES?
I'd guess so, but their website isn't specific, so it's probably worth the phone call to double-check (phone number on webpage). I'd also double-check the procedure to pick up your parking pass -- maybe they've made it easier!

http://www.halekoa.com/accommodation...acilities.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.