Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Convention Center Las Vegas {US-NV}

Embassy Suites Convention Center Las Vegas {US-NV}

Old Feb 14, 14, 9:46 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Friends are booked 3-13 > 3/16. They would like at least to stay 3/14 > 3/16.
Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 14, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Have you experimented with some MVP codes with different dates within that range?
Old Feb 14, 14, 8:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
MVP is not being accepted for those dates. This is a weekend during many schools' Spring Break.
Old Jan 12, 18, 5:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA LT Plat
Effective January 1, 2018, this property has started to charge for parking. $13.00 per day self park.

Last edited by PhxFlyGuy; Jan 18, 18 at 1:21 pm
Old Jan 12, 18, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy View Post
Effective January 1, 2017, this property has started to charge for parking. $13.00 per day self park.
Do you mean effective January 1, 2018?
Old Jan 18, 18, 1:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA LT Plat
Yes, the effective date is 1/1/2018. I passed by the property yesterday and there is an electronic gate to control the parking lot area. Personally, I find the parking charge, at an off strip location, to be offensive. The hotel did just complete a complete update to their rooms. If you think your rates aren't high enough, then just raise them.
Old Jan 22, 18, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott/SPG Platinum; IHG Platinum Ambassador
No charge for parking yet

Originally Posted by PhxFlyGuy View Post
Yes, the effective date is 1/1/2018. I passed by the property yesterday and there is an electronic gate to control the parking lot area. Personally, I find the parking charge, at an off strip location, to be offensive. The hotel did just complete a complete update to their rooms. If you think your rates aren't high enough, then just raise them.
I just completed a stay here (checked out yesterday, 1/21/18). The gates are installed, but are open and they are not YET charging for parking. I believe they're going to be charging because they're so close to the convention center. A lot of hotels near the convention center have started charging for parking. I'm not endorsing the decision, but it seems to be the current trend. In any case, the parking lot in front of the building is valet only, and the self-parking is around the back of the building. You can't enter any of the side or rear doors without a key, so if you're not using a digital key, I would suggest unloading at the front door before you pull around. The good news is that the digital key will apparently work on the parking gates when they are operational. When I did mobile check-in, it asked me if I wanted to add self-parking to my digital key. I said yes, but of course didn't get charged.

As far as the property itself, I would NOT stay here again. It's VERY noisy. The building doesn't seem to be constructed as well as some other ES's I've stayed in. You can hear everything next door and above, and the noise from slamming doors is much harsher than I've experienced in most other hotels.

The room remodel is nice, but very cosmetic (of course). The building infrastructure seems to be in very poor shape. Even though my individual heat/ac was off, the building ventilation system and/or plumbing was making very loud, annoying noises all night long. I mentioned this upon checking out, and the FDC acted like he hadn't heard this before, which seemed pretty remarkable to me.