Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Munich, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Munich, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 1999, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Munich, Germany {DEU}

I just reserved the Hilton Munich Park for a 3-night point strecher award August 8-11th.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Is the executive floor anything special compared with the rest of the hotel? Is there any reason to consider a switch to the Hilton Munich City instead? Any information or opinions greatly appreciated.

We are hoping for sunny skies to view the total solar eclipse on 8/11!
Old Jul 12, 1999, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've stayed at the City Hilton a couple of times. I don't recall anything too special about it. It's a pretty ordinary hotel.
Old Jul 12, 1999, 6:12 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Think it's just a matter of which location will work best for you. Last year they were both pretty full when I checked and I stayed at the Marriott Munich which is way up north, just off the city limits! The Park has an Executive floor and an indoor pool as I recall if that is important to you!

Should add that the trains are great here regardles of where you might stay!
[This message has been edited by doc (edited 07-13-1999).]

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 07-13-1999).]
Old Jul 13, 1999, 12:47 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
North: if you want to go to events at the Olympic Stadium (soccer: Bayern Munich, etc) and/or want to be on the airport side of town, also not to far from Schwabing.

Downtown: for the better local feeling/touch.
Old Jul 13, 1999, 10:38 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As you know Rudi, the Marriott is in Schwabing. As you suggest here, we did see the great Bayer Munich team come back from a 3-1 deficit to win 4-3 with only about 15 mins remaining at Olympic Stadium. My son also insited that we see them last year (since your off to BKK) at the National Stadium for an exhibtion game vs the Thai National team. How do they play in that heat and humidity? Amazing! Probably all need to get iv's afterwards!
Old Jul 13, 1999, 5:10 pm

I stayed at the Munich Park last autumn. Spacious rooms, beautiful setting, quiet yet handy to central Munich. I'd highly recommend it.
Old Jul 18, 1999, 11:58 pm
Original Member

I stayed at the Munich City Hilton last summer. The hotel is all right, but the best aspect of it is that it's located above a U-Bahn stop. If you're not planning to drive, this is a very handy alternative.
Old Dec 22, 2000, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Marriott, American
Munich Properties

Am planing a mileage run to Munich (with a 2 night stay) and I'm wondering which hotel is recomended(executive floor) from anyones experience. Thanks and happy holidays
Old Dec 25, 2000, 7:28 am

I recomend following hotel :

"Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski"
Maximilianstr. 17 , 80539 Munich
Old Jan 2, 2002, 10:09 am

Munich recommendation of any H brand?

Please share any great/ bad experiences of any of the H brand hotels or affiliates in the Munich, Germany area.
Old Jan 2, 2002, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
We stayed in the Hilton Munich City in November and December. The hotel is great and an s-bahn stop directly under the hotel with elevator to hotel. We received complimentary breakfast, the staff was extremely helpful, and the room was very nice. I highly recommend this hotel. We loved it.
Old Jan 2, 2002, 1:34 pm

Stayed at the Hilton Munich Park in April 2001. Very nice, great business lounge with very friendly staff. Location is good if you rent a car, since you can park on the street, with good access to the M roads.

Old Jan 2, 2002, 6:22 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Check out these past reviews

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002113.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/002857.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/003191.html

------------------
Rachel
CO - Platinum
Hilton - Diamond
SPG - Platinum
Old Jan 3, 2002, 1:14 am

last year I stayed a lot in both of Munich Hiltons. I preferred the Hilton Munich Park when I not had to be close to the city. My opinions:

Hilton Munich Park:
very friendly staff at check in; very very friendly in the lounge; big rooms on business floor and on executive floor (they have three types of floors: normal, business and executive). superb view from the upper floors (starting at about 10th floor); amenities are ok; bath rooms are great; executive lounge is very comfortable; location right to the English Garden (but not near to the city); and best of all: cigar smoking bar on the ground floor

Hilton Munich City:
friendly staff at check in; no lounge, just a business floor; somewhat dark rooms; quiet if you take a room to the back; great location just over the subway station and only some minutes into the city.
Old Jan 11, 2002, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Munich City or Park.

Have done a search and it seems that the Park is definitely the better choice, just thought that I'd raise this question. Planning trip over New Year's (yes I plan well in advance) and have booked Park instead of City using GLON for 6 free nights.

Any opinions appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.