Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100,000 Points Limit Per Stay

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 4:19 pm

100,000 Points Limit Per Stay

Has anyone had any luck or have any ideas getting Hilton Honors to credit more than 100,000 base points per stay after the fact? I am staying long term at a Hilton property and paid the bill every month but if you check out and in on the same date it is considered 1 stay and I was not aware of the 100,000 base point limit per stay until I was 3 or 4 month past accumulating the max amount (I am checking out on 1 day and back in on another now just before limit so I have fixed the problem).
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Wow I didn't know about this. Seems kind of absurd though. I'd ask the GM if they could comp you a day putting the room out of order and then re-check you in. When I was working at a hotel many years ago this is what we used to do for our long term guests who were there mon-fri so they could leave all of their stuff in the room.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:41 pm

Another way to get around this (in breaking it up into multiple stays) is to check into (and out of) another Hilton-branded hotel for one night.

Mike
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:44 pm

Adjusting Points

Originally Posted by omegadeal
Wow I didn't know about this. Seems kind of absurd though. I'd ask the GM if they could comp you a day putting the room out of order and then re-check you in. When I was working at a hotel many years ago this is what we used to do for our long term guests who were there mon-fri so they could leave all of their stuff in the room.
Thanks i am still staying at the property and I have 3 or 4 different ways to keep it from happening again but I am trying to get them to apply the points above the 100,000 point base limit that I didnt get (about 70,000). I have talked to thier diamond desk and the supervisor on shift, they said they cant do anything because it is in the rules (and yes it is clearly stated) I just didnt look until i complained about the points posted.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
HHonors 100K pts/stay limit

I realise there have been a number of similar threads on this subject in recent years, however I don't recall reading of anyone achieving a successful outcome.

I am three-quarters of the way through a twelve month stay at an overseas (i.e. outside US) Hilton Apartments complex. For various reasons I cannot break my stay into smaller durations, check-out and check-in again, etc.

In the absence of a 100K pts/stay limit I would earn approximately 250K base points, plus a 25% Gold/50% Diamond tier bonus, plus airline miles (with UA Mileage Plus). The thought of currently kissing goodbye approximately 200K HHonors pts is, to say the least, unappealing!

Before I use the only weapon left open to me with HHonors (threaten to transfer my business to another establishment for the next twelve months), can anyone advise if they have successfully overcome this 100K base points/stay limit?

Thank you.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I am three-quarters of the way through a twelve month stay at an overseas (i.e. outside US) Hilton Apartments complex. For various reasons I cannot break my stay into smaller durations, check-out and check-in again, etc.
Could you Check out, then re-check in with out your HH# for a day, then check-out, then re-check in with your HH#. That should take care of the problem.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
Could you Check out, then re-check in with out your HH# for a day, then check-out, then re-check in with your HH#. That should take care of the problem.
Awesome idea, if it works! Taking your HH # off the account for a day would show a 1 day break in Hilton's computer, or so it would seem.

I like it.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
Or to be totatlly sure, just check into another hotel for a day.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
For various reasons I cannot break my stay into smaller durations, check-out and check-in again, etc.
Not sure exactly what the details are, but it does appear there may some difficulties with the check-in/check-out strategy.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:13 pm
Community Director Emerita

Have you written to Adam Burke? I suspect you need someone in the corporate offices for a verdict on what can be done.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 3:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Thank you for the responses.

FlyingtoFly has hit the nail on the head. As outlined in my initial post I cannot break my stay in the manner suggested by others.

When I tell you that the daily rate for a one night stay is $260, reducing to a daily rate of $72 for a twelve month stay (with intermediate daily rate reductions for stays of one month, three months and six months), the incentive not to break the stay becomes very strong.

I guess I'm trying to 'have my cake and eat it', but I can hardly be criticized for that!

However, SanDiego1K (and excuse my ignorance here), who is Adam Burke, and how might I contact him? Is he the 'main man' for HHonors?

Once again, many thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:36 am
Community Director Emerita

Adam Burke Named Senior Vice President and Managing Director - Hilton HHonors Worldwide

Adam used to be FlyerTalk's Hilton Lurker. He is still quite accessible and very helpful.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
When I tell you that the daily rate for a one night stay is $260, reducing to a daily rate of $72 for a twelve month stay (with intermediate daily rate reductions for stays of one month, three months and six months), the incentive not to break the stay becomes very strong.
That explains a lot.
I guess I'm trying to 'have my cake and eat it', but I can hardly be criticized for that!
Even if you were, I wouldn't criticise you but I'm not sure you are. Assuming your points calculation is based on a one year stay at $72 per day then you've already taken account of the bulk discount you've been given and are just looking for what's yours.

Now, if you were asking to earn points at the $260 rate while only paying $72, that would be another story
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I guess the "250K base points" represents USD25,000 base room cost for the stay; so the OP would be earning HHonors points for that.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 1:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
I am three-quarters of the way through a twelve month stay
This late in the stay is tough to implement some strategies, but perhaps it would be helpful to speak with management at the property. I'd be up front with the on site staff about what you are trying to do, and maybe they can check you out and back in and keep the same rate.

Also, if appealling to higher ups, be sure to point out that Starwood and Marriott do not have this limitation (or so I've heard, be sure to doublecheck). No need to make threats, simply point out that it is a significant value differential when evaluation long term stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.