Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Point from two accounts -> one award?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM; Hilton Diamond

Can I use points from both my and my wife's HH accounts to get an award stay? I'm trying to get enough points together for a GLONP2, and it doesn't look like I'll make it on my own.

On a related note, can I transfer my wife's AA miles into my HH account, or do the names have to match?
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott-Platinum, Hilton-Gold, Avis-Preferred, GoldPoints-Elite, Gold Crown Club, Priority Club,etc
two for one

I had to combine both accounts into one to get a cruise reward. Unfortunately, once combined, you cannot reverse. Since I did this several years ago, I have had no regrets(Yet). IE - Cannot earn on some promotions using two different accounts and maximizing the rewards.

Good luck.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by SuperSnoop
Can I use points from both my and my wife's HH accounts to get an award stay? I'm trying to get enough points together for a GLONP2, and it doesn't look like I'll make it on my own.

On a related note, can I transfer my wife's AA miles into my HH account, or do the names have to match?
Not anymore and no.

Previously, you could combine spouse accounts into a mutual account. Mutual accounts still exist, but HH is no longer creating new ones.

Assuming you have a mutual account, you can transfer spouse miles from, say CO, to Amtrak to HH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.