Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt {EGY}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt {EGY}

Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Hyperwave
Really? It seems as if he was right.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Fayrouz is OK, went a year ago. Service was good. It is looking a little dated, but the standard is still on par with the majority of hotels in Sharm. Food and drink, even in the hotel is reasonable, so no reason to go AI in my opinion. My last stay was about a year ago though, so may have changed.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Sprodo
Fayrouz is OK, went a year ago. Service was good. It is looking a little dated, but the standard is still on par with the majority of hotels in Sharm. Food and drink, even in the hotel is reasonable, so no reason to go AI in my opinion. My last stay was about a year ago though, so may have changed.
I was there this year and the rooms still look dated and require refurbishing but considering the value for money, it is okay and certainly on par with other similar priced resorts. I much more prefer Fayrouz than more expensive Jolie Ville which ownership from Movenpick was taken by Maritim while the prices remained high. Beach wise Fayrouz has no competition in Naama Bay.

If someone is looking for good quality rooms and top class hotels, it is either Hyatt or Four Seasons but their location requires you to take taxi every time you want to go out.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Hiltons in Sharm El Sheik

well was looking at the new reward tool and thought I would have a look for Sharm in Nov 13. Results came back with two hotels showing 5K/Nt and clicked through to instigate further. When looking to book they show 20K or 30K per night. Is this search engine useless??

http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/S...t&b=&hn=&m=nov

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
210 Naama Bay South Sinai, Sharm EL Sheikh, 210, Egypt 20-69-3603040
Hotel Details | Change hotel
Step 1 of 5

DATES POINTS PER NIGHT
Back a week
Nov 17 Sun — Nov 21 Thu From 30,000 points
Nov 18 Mon — Nov 22 Fri From 30,000 points
Nov 19 Tue — Nov 23 Sat From 30,000 points
Nov 20 Wed — Nov 24 Sun From 30,000 points
Nov 21 Thu — Nov 25 Mon From 30,000 points
Nov 22 Fri — Nov 26 Tue From 30,000 points
Nov 23 Sat — Nov 27 Wed From 30,000 points
Nov 24 Sun — Nov 28 Thu From 30,000 points
Nov 25 Mon — Nov 29 Fri From 30,000 points
Nov 26 Tue — Nov 30 Sat From 30,000 points
Nov 27 Wed — Dec 01 Sun From 30,000 points
Nov 28 Thu — Dec 02 Mon From 30,000 points
Nov 29 Fri — Dec 03 Tue From 30,000 points
Nov 30 Sat — Dec 04 Wed From 30,000 points
Dec 01 Sun — Dec 05 Thu From 30,000 points
Forward a week
Continue with dates: 27 Oct 2013 — 31 Oct 2013

Duration: 4 night stay Change

Rate type: HHonors Points
View standard rates

= Guests cannot arrive on this date.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 3:54 pm
cjd

Cat 4(30000 points) is the current category. Cat 1(5000 points) is the new revised category after the changes to the programme from March 28 this year. Just wait until after March 28 to book and if the new reward chart is correct, it's a bargain.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Enjoy the political instability that is the new Egypt.
Old May 11, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Which property would one recommend for a week-long stay on points, considering the difference in points requirements for each?
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort - 5k/night
Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort - 5k/night
Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort - 10k/night
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort - 20k/night

I have only have Silver status so upgrade/benefits considerations shouldn't be included.

Thanks.
Old May 12, 2013, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by yann
Which property would one recommend for a week-long stay on points, considering the difference in points requirements for each?
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort - 5k/night
Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort - 5k/night
Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort - 10k/night
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort - 20k/night

I have only have Silver status so upgrade/benefits considerations shouldn't be included.

Thanks.
I normally stay at Fayrouz hotel since it has direct access to the beach and the promenade and somehow it is often cheaper on paid stays or the difference is too little to bother. I stayed few times at Dreams and it is a good hotel, a lot of nice swimming pools, newer rooms than Fayrouz. The only difference is that Dreams is across the road but still can use beach facilities at sister Fayrouz hotel. Dreams is a huge hotel, so if by any chance you will get allocated further away from reception it might take you a good 7 minutes walk down to lobby. I personally think Dreams is a nicer hotel overall including the lobby and breakfast dining area with high ceiling. I would go for the cheaper reward in this case. You will always cross the road to Fayrouz anyway to get to the seaside promenade which leads to city center of Naama Bay. Alternatively you can go along the road (on your right upon exiting Dreams), passing by other hotels and turn left when city center of Naama Bay starts, but it is less nicer.

Sharks Bay is AI hotel IRCC. Waterfall is nice but I wouldn't choose either of them due to location, I prefer to be in Naama Bay.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:00 pm

Bump...

Headed to Sharm this February as it will be equidistant from all parties traveling to get together for an extended family holiday.

Our group will be family-oriented and not at all concerned with nightlife. We have tons of HHonors points to burn but only Gold status.

On the whole the Fayrouz appears to be the best choice for value and location, but the facilities there appear to trail the newly renovated parts of the Sharks and Waterfalls resorts.

I'm unclear exactly how much of a draw being in Naama Bay would be for families... is there much to see there or is it mainly for adults? Conversely how much of a hassle would it be to get to the Bay from Sharks / Waterfalls? Buses? Taxis?

Finally are the AI dining options at Sharks Bay decent enough to take into consideration w/r/t property choice? I don't want to be far from the restaurants with only cafeteria food to eat...

First timer to SSH so any help appreciated.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:06 am

I have not been to Sharks Bay so can't comment. Hilton Waterfalls is a nice hotel, 15mins from Naama Bay, taxi will cost you 20 LE (2GBP) if you have good bargain abilities There is Alf Leila Wa Leila across the road which consist of shops, restaurants, there is a special, chargeable show, but I have not attended it.

For me the place to be is Naama Bay, as it is center of everything, shops, restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels. It is really nice to go for a stroll in the evening on the seaside promenade, which is quieter or the main promenade.

Since you mentioned it is a family trip, I would choose Hilton Dreams over Fayrouz. Don't be put off by bad reviews Dreams is getting, as they are coming mostly from people being disappointed with their All Inclusive plan, which in fact is disappointing. Hilton Dreams has nicer pools and some of them should be heated. Fayrouz beach and seaside promenade is just across the road and you can sign all bills to your room for cashless convenience. Dreams has also less tired rooms and if you are lucky, they might assign you secluded apartments surrounded by nice pool with bar facility. In fact a lot of people don't know about it and it gives you kind of private feeling. I can't say if this pool is heated though.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: All of em...
Any recent stays at any of these hotels?

I understand the political unrest in Egypt and have been before, but to me, it seems like a no brainer to not redeem very de-valued HHonors points at these Category 1's in Eypgt! On the Red Sea alone there's 3 Cat 1 hotels, 1 outside of Cairo on golf courses overlooking the Pyramids, and 2 in Alexandria - 1 is new and directly on the Mediterranean sea beach and the other connected to a huge mall.

A friend and I are going to stay 2.5 months in these Cat 1 hotels in Egypt next spring. Factor in the Gold elite status and you only pay 4k a night + get free breakfast and internet + potential lounge food! Deals don't come this good for hotels these days.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
I have stay 3 hotel in Sharm and 1 in Cairo but its in 2013. Fayrouz, Dreams and Waterfalls in Sharm and Hilton Cairo. My verdict goes to Waterfalls for best resort, Fayrouz for best location. I do not recommend Dreams as I have bad experience there. As Hilton Cairo, I got a corner suite and lounge access, Im just Gold at that time.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
The last week of March, 25th March 2014, several reports of Egypt Tourism Authority suspending Hotel license of Hilton in Sharm. Read in my UK papers but you can google for info too.

"Sharm hotels shut over alleged rape of Briton
Authorities in Egypt have revoked the licences of two hotels in Sharm El Sheikh – including the five-star Hilton Sharks Bay Resort – following the alleged rape of a British tourist "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...of-Briton.html

http://www.traveldailymedia.com/2054...er-rape-claim/
Old Apr 19, 2014, 6:34 am

I read about the news above however I heard Hilton Sharks Bay is still accepting reservations and operating as usual.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Putra
I have stay 3 hotel in Sharm and 1 in Cairo but its in 2013. Fayrouz, Dreams and Waterfalls in Sharm and Hilton Cairo. My verdict goes to Waterfalls for best resort, Fayrouz for best location. I do not recommend Dreams as I have bad experience there. As Hilton Cairo, I got a corner suite and lounge access, Im just Gold at that time.
Thanks for the update, appreciate it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.