Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt {EGY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:16 am
Community Director Emerita

I stayed at Hyatt iin Sharm last week. I was stunned at the long line of high end hotels in Sharm and Naama Bay; must have been 30 or so. Hilton alone has 3 properties. If you chose Sharm, be sure to chose a property on the ocean, rather than on the other side of the highway. Hilton and Marriott have properties on both sides.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 9:50 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I stayed at Hyatt iin Sharm last week. I was stunned at the long line of high end hotels in Sharm and Naama Bay; must have been 30 or so. Hilton alone has 3 properties. If you chose Sharm, be sure to chose a property on the ocean, rather than on the other side of the highway. Hilton and Marriott have properties on both sides.
the Hyatt is actually also in the frame - I had read your review previously, but not your conclusion.... interesting. You're absolutely right about hotel choice being personal, and normally I'd be with you on the big=bad thought, but not sure that there are any 'boutique' hotels on the Sinai peninsula. And the Four Seasons is running >$350 per night, which is a little steep for me.

thanks again.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 7:52 pm

On our previous visit stayed at Hilton Fayrouz at Sharm which is the 4th hotel from the Mall. I did not like the place despite being given a luxury suite. It seemed that they have never seen a HH Gold before since they were willing to do pretty much anything for me. Once power went out then a special generator was placed to keep our air-conditioning going but this was after making a fair bit of a fuss. Lots of problems which I will not discuss here.

On our most recent visit which ended January 21st and which was to Hurhgada Hilton Resort, it was superb! We were upgraded to the best room as close to the beach and as high as possible with magnificent views. Breakfast is included but stay away from hotel restaurants and bars. It is not worthwhile paying them for what they offer. You can get a superb seafood meal at a premium restaurant downtown for ~$6.00. At the hotel internet costs $10.00/hour while downtown it costs merely $0,40/hour. Coach to downtown costs ~$0,22, taxi ~$3,20 for tourists.

Hilton Hurghada Resort rules!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, Marriott PLT, Hilton GLD, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond
One tip for getting taxis in Sharm is that there are published prices - both within the properly licenced taxis and also dotted around here and there on boards.

Its pretty standard practice to try and rip off the "western infidels" with taxis - I was quoted $60 for a $4 ride! Agree fares first - point to the sign on the windscreen if you're having language trouble and if you don't like what you get - just get another taxi - there are lots of them.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Traviss
if you don't like what you get - just get another taxi - there are lots of them.
Agree with Traviss 100%! Always bargain as long as you know what the right price is. I do not give in on principle. They make 4 times more off me than locals, so why should I pay more than is necessary?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 8:25 pm

How do I get there?

I am thinking of going to Egypt. Most likely we will fly to Cairo. What are the options in getting from Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh?

I would like to use points to stay at a Hilton property (I am thinking of spring '09 sometime). What resort might be best? Which has the best point stretcher options?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by Agrolingua
I am thinking of going to Egypt. Most likely we will fly to Cairo. What are the options in getting from Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh?

I would like to use points to stay at a Hilton property (I am thinking of spring '09 sometime). What resort might be best? Which has the best point stretcher options?

Many of the Hilton properties in the resort areas of Egypt (Hurghada, Luxor, Sharm) can have great deals ($75-$135 incl tax and service) and it may not be worth using your points.

Do a search on Hilton.com for "Egypt" for some dats that interst you and you will see what I mean
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:21 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Agrolingua
Fly. It would be a long drive.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Fly. It would be a long drive.

Seconded- 5-6 hours of the most boring scenery on earth.

I was at the El Fayrouz in Sharm recently and it was very nice and walkable to town. The Conrad looked a little remote.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Seconded- 5-6 hours of the most boring scenery on earth.

I was at the El Fayrouz in Sharm recently and it was very nice and walkable to town. The Conrad looked a little remote.
I can understand what you mean about a boring bus ride. On the other hand how much time do you burn up heading to the airport, waiting in line, waiting in security, waiting in departure, etc.? Maybe there is not that much difference. Also, I am kind of cheap.

There is a good point above about paying for the stay rather than using points. I just did a real quick search and there are a couple of sub $100 rates. For instance the Dreams Resort is $90. How does that compare to the El Fayrouz or others? Resorts in Taba or Nuweiba are even cheaper. How do they compare? I tend to like easy access to towns, etc. Don't really like isolated, all-inclusive places.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Which of these Sharm hotels have free airport shuttles?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Best Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh

I am looking to book a hotel in Sharm El Shiekh for a week in February,

Which is the best Hilton property in Sharm? I am a Hilton Gold VIP and would be interested inn obntaining club beneefits and decent upgrade if possible.

Also hold IC Royal AMbassador (no hotels in Sharm)
Marriot Gold
SPG Gold (poor outdated hotel in Sharm)
Radisson Gold

If someone could please advise. Four seasons looks good but seems quite expensive compared to other 5 stars.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Very good feedback so far regarding the Fayrouz. Will move up to category 4 on Jan 15, and as a Gold VIp you can expect upgrade to best available room and breakfast every day. If your rate already includes breakfast, you will get internet access for free.

I am looking for similar thing in February-March-April, still looking at the available reward flights...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The Fayrouz is 20,000 points per night,

I had a look for my dates in Feb. will this go up come January 15th? To how many points per night?

So really I should make my points booking before 15th Jan to avoid paying more points right?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:02 pm

Help with deciding between Fayrouz and Dreams?

Am going to be in Sharm May 29 - June 2 and want to use HHonors points. Am trying to decide between the Fayrouz and Dreams hotels. Appreciate the following summary from earlier in this thread:

Fayrouz - directly on beach in centre of Naama bay, I would recommend this one, a little dated but the location makes up for it

Dreams - in the centre but set back from the beach and main promenade, over the road from the Fayrouz

Looking at the website the Dreams looks much nicer but Fayrouz is right on the beach. Can anyone give additional details? If you are staying at Dreams can you just walk down to the Fayrouz beach - is that a big deal? Anything else about differences between the two that could help with our decision? Our interest is a nice quality hotel, beach access, good service, clean rooms, and we'll also be diving for a couple of days so if one is better at that, that would be helpful to know.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.