Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Berlin {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Thanks for the update kirkwoodj

Did you get an upgrade?

Regards

Tbs
Nope, they were pretty full, and I'd booked a better room already. On arrival, they let me go to Beletage for breakfast and use another room to shower & change before meetings since my room wasn't ready. Have never arrived early here since usually connecting thru FRA or MUC, but used the new UA EWR-BER this time.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Good to be back in Hilton Berlin. Full breakfast on the first floor with sparkling wine and even egg benedict (have to be ordered from waiter). Pool open, no booking needed. Saunas open 7am - 9pm. Back to normal indeed. No masks needed at all.

I booked single room on points for my son which got upgraded to a decent king room. Parents' deluxe room didn't get upgraded. We got 8th (top) floor. Nice but a bit tricky with lifts. Years ago Hilton only had 6 floors. Not every lift can go to 8th floor, health club lift needs change at floor 6, probably some other floors would work as well.

Overall a very decent stay, wouldn't mind to return.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by dabee69
We got 8th (top) floor. Nice but a bit tricky with lifts. Years ago Hilton only had 6 floors. Not every lift can go to 8th floor, health club lift needs change at floor 6, probably some other floors would work as well.

Overall a very decent stay, wouldn't mind to return.
Thank you for sharing your impressions about your stay.
They must have put you into the back wing which has 8 floors. I never stayed in there. Years ago an employee told us that those rooms tend to be cold in winter. At least guests complained, she said. That was years before the overall renovation.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:27 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
I'm staying here now and was upgraded (as Gold) to a King Executive Room on the 6th floor. Elevators in my section of the building seem to go up to 7.

So far, no complaints. The location has been great, and the executive lounge is great. I haven't used the breakfast benefit, but did stop in for a glass of wine during the evening happy hour.

One weird nit is that theres an Apple TV in the room for "Airplay" connectivity. As I only have Android, I can't seem to use it - there doesn't seem to be any sort of casting capability without an Apple device.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What’s changed with the Exec lounge?
Old May 24, 2022, 12:05 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by hugolover
What’s changed with the Exec lounge?
I don't know how it was before, so can't speak to what/if anything has changed, but it seems perfectly adequate. Serves breakfast in the AM, water, coffee and soft drinks through the day and between 18:30 and 20:30 adds some inedible food, and potable beer and wine.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Spent 5 nights here at the end of September, booked King guest room and was upgraded to a corner suite.

Evening reception in Executive lounge is from 17:30 to 20:00, offerings include soup, one warm item (chicken wings, chicken strips, meatballs and some sort of sausage meat fingers offered on 4 nights I went), various salads, one beer (Radeburger), one red, one white and a sparkling wine. Full breakfast in restaurant for diamonds.

Excellent location in Gendarmarkt, Rausch chocolate shop next door, Neuhaus chocolate and Ritter chocolate outlets nearby, Rewe inside mall close by. Stadtmitte U2 station entrance outside hotel (with access to U6). 15-20 minute walk to Museum Island, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag & Brandenberg Gate.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by tobegold
Spent 5 nights here at the end of September, booked King guest room and was upgraded to a corner suite.

Evening reception in Executive lounge is from 17:30 to 20:00, offerings include soup, one warm item (chicken wings, chicken strips, meatballs and some sort of sausage meat fingers offered on 4 nights I went), various salads, one beer (Radeburger), one red, one white and a sparkling wine. Full breakfast in restaurant for diamonds.

Excellent location in Gendarmarkt, Rausch chocolate shop next door, Neuhaus chocolate and Ritter chocolate outlets nearby, Rewe inside mall close by. Stadtmitte U2 station entrance outside hotel (with access to U6). 15-20 minute walk to Museum Island, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag & Brandenberg Gate.
My recent experience mirrors yours. Lovely full b/f in the first floor restaurant, includes sparkling wine. Executive lounge offerings would always be one soup (such as pumpkin, vegetable, …), and one hot item , often chicken nuggets. There would be salads, cheeses, breads. EL would be busy at 6 pm, but there were always seats available.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chicken nuggets! Oh Allah. What people will fill their mouths with just cos its free.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Chicken nuggets! Oh Allah. What people will fill their mouths with just cos its free.
Of the 4 nights I used the lounge, one night had chicken “fingers” which were actually chicken breast strips, which were pretty good, no nuggets a la McD’s. The lounge was almost empty on the Wednesday and Thursday nights, but full the 2 nights before.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Slight improvement in the food selection for the EL happy hour from 6 to 8.30pm. On the next day, pork/beef (no horse) meatballs were served

Not just nuggets now! You get fish fingers too

Sekt with curried eggs benedict with a view

Its a pity with the chilly weather that the spa area with sauna/steam room is closed till further notice "for maintenance".
For this holiday season, the Gendarnmarkt area north of the hotel is closed for renovations and the Christmas market has been moved a block north to Bebelplatz.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do people really tuck into those mechanically recovered chicken, deep-fried twizzlers . Are they all gone at the end of the evening? How many times does "Chef" fill them up?
What's the target audience these days? People too poor to afford to buy any food, but can afford to stay there and are using to eating crap at home?
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
What's the target audience these days? People too poor to afford to buy any food, but can afford to stay there and are using to eating crap at home?
People who would rather eat free food and put the expense account to work on booze, I'd expect...

Very pleasant points stay last week... Was upgraded from a junior suite to a duplex dome view suite. Otherwise everything is as one would expect from recent posts.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Any recent experience? The reviews in booking.com are pretty bad
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I'm staying here now and was upgraded (as Gold) to a King Executive Room on the 6th floor. Elevators in my section of the building seem to go up to 7.

So far, no complaints. The location has been great, and the executive lounge is great. I haven't used the breakfast benefit, but did stop in for a glass of wine during the evening happy hour.

One weird nit is that theres an Apple TV in the room for "Airplay" connectivity. As I only have Android, I can't seem to use it - there doesn't seem to be any sort of casting capability without an Apple device.
Have a stay next month. Wondering if the apple TV is still the case. We are android folks and it would not be good if the TV doesn't work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.