Hilton Berlin {DEU}

Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Stocked with sandwiches, potato pancakes and watered down soup? It’s not exactly a stellar lounge. Management would struggle to cut it back any further- maybe more water in the soup would save a few pennies.
The spread was actually quite nice when I stayed. Yes, potato pancakes were there but they also had 3 or 4 other hot dishes and a variety of cold snacks. A lot of people made dinner out of what was on offer. We did not participate as we did not want to be full at dinner. The drinks selection was good. I don't drink hard liquor so can't comment on the quality but still/sparkling wine was decent.
Abidjan and hugolover like this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like an improvement to my last stay in the summer. It was 100% BArb legacy BOB cabins.

I remember when this hotel was excellent and the lounge on the 6th floor. All in the bin now.

Lets not mention the three different OJ at breakfast.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
exec lounge today

Quick data point on the exec lounge from today:
- no afternoon offer (except for some pears and müsli bars)
- lounge with standing room only from even before 1800, at one time I counted a queue 20 people deep to get to the hot food
- hot food the usual spring rolls and (unexciting and likely very cheap) meat skewers
- very bread heavy sandwiches, but plenty of them
- ginger and carrot soup - tasted far less exciting than it may sound
- stuck to water, so no idea about alcohol on offer

On the upside: they still have print magazines and newspapers - I enjoyed reading Der Spiegel magazine

Overall I felt a bit embarrassed to partake in that zoo-like feeding frenzy and cleared my seat for someone else to take quickly. I had hoped for something slightly more festive, Christmas-themed.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds just like my stay. It's very legacy.

The strange thing was I stayed over the weekend and during the week...

Don't forget to order your OJ from the kitchen!
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hear that with the announcement tomorrow, today is the last day of lounges and F&B in the outlets, from tomorrow not even room service except breakfast. I’m surprised they don’t try to run room service between 5PM-10PM and give eligible guests a few drinks. I guess occupancy won’t even cover staffing costs of the evening?

A lot of hotels are doing this: on my travels, I’ve seen it in PL, RO, ME.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn’t waste your money if you care about the Exec lounge. For their typical rates there are far nicer boutique hotels.

Another shadow of its former self

I wonder where this is all going? How much longer can these properties be like this?

Old Sep 4, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Thanks for the photos hugolover!

Will be there next weekend for 4 nights so will not get my hopes up too much for the EL.

However just noted that UK Amex Plat cards are offering GBP Ł200 dining credits and there are about 8 restaurants in Berlin in the offer including Borchardt close to the hilton so might try those for 2 evening meals.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 9, 2021, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
How much longer can these properties be like this?
Probably at least as long as you keep staying at them.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi.

Now in the el.

Got upgraded from king deluxe to a corner suite dome view on the 2nd floor and room was ready at 2pm.
the room is a hallway with the living room on one side facing the dome and the bedroom off he other end of the hall

Bathroom is nice and large but with a bath/shower combo.

Evening selection of snacks is poor as hugolover's photos described.
.spring rolls with chilli sauce is the hot option.
at least they have Corny bars and the sekt is nice.
not a great salad person so the salad options are not appealing.
At least the lounge is open during the day for coffee soft drinks and orange juice.
If you missed the eveningsnacks you would not be missing much.

Off to potsdam tomorrow and schloss sanssouci after a good breakfast.

Regards
TBS
I had a good nights sleep although the bedroom was a little warm until I discovered there was an additional ac control in the bedroom
Cupboards have a lack of hangers with only 2 in each cupboard.. the hanging rail.in the bedroom is open with its own light but it goes off when the room light is switched off. Good blackout curtains.

The breakfast buffet is very good with a large range of hot and cold items.
a smoothie was offered as you check in and a pot of coffee and orange juice was delivered as you sat down but there is also a coffee machine and orange juice for self service.

Apart from the usual fruit salad glasses of diced mango were provided.

A chef makes omelletes made to order and poached eggs and pancakes are also available.
small prawns are available to put in your omelette.
this evenings hot option in the el was chicken wings but having dinner at restaurant borchardt just north of the hotel thanks to the uk amex gbp 200 dining offer

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 12, 2021 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
May I ask if Diamonds are entitled to the full breakfast buffet? Of course they are only required to provide a continental breakfast free.

And if I may a second question. I am going to this hotel accompanied by a colleague in a separate room with lounge entitlement through the room but no status. as he is on my booking will he get a free breakfast as well do you think?

Thanks a lot. I will of course report my experiences

Harry
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hsmall
May I ask if Diamonds are entitled to the full breakfast buffet? Of course they are only required to provide a continental breakfast free.

And if I may a second question. I am going to this hotel accompanied by a colleague in a separate room with lounge entitlement through the room but no status. as he is on my booking will he get a free breakfast as well do you think?

Thanks a lot. I will of course report my experiences

Harry
Hi.

Yes,

The full buffet including omelette made to order is free to diamonds and it is a very good buffet ( you just give them your room number when entering the breakfast room on the 1st floor

Not sure on the 2nd room

Regards

TBS
Abidjan, hsmall and wizla like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:27 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
I was there last week and got upgraded to an extra-large room for two.
The breakfast receptionist checks the room number against her list, and as a Diamond we had the free full buffet breakfast.
You might need to use your charm for a free breakfast for the second room.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know you could just say that your colleague is your partner right? Then there is no issue whatsoever as your Diamond free breakfast covers you and a partner, this applies almost everywhere.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Thank you all for your responses. I have a cunning plan
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by hsmall
Thank you all for your responses. I have a cunning plan
And now we see in real time how the "Account Locked" / "Fraud Department" threads invariably get started.
:D! and hhdl like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.