Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Antonio, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near San Antonio, Texas, USA {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2021, 7:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Hilton hotels on/near San Antonio Riverwalk

My wife wants to take my daughter out on a girls weekend trip in January for 3 nights to the San Antonio Riverwalk. They'd like to be pampered as much as possible. My daughter will be about 6-7 months pregnant so while they may do some walking, I don't think excessive walking to get around is in the cards for this trip. There may be other options, but from what I can see the best options would be the Palacio del Rio, the Canopy San Antonio Riverwalk, or possibly the Emily Morgan. I'll use points for the stay. I may also call the hotel to see if they might be willing to extend my Diamond benefits, but with me not there, I'm not expecting them to say yes. So elite benefits probably isn't the biggest decision point for this trip.

Neither the Palacio or the Emily Morgan have any posts on stays in the last 3 or 4 years and I can't find anything on the Canopy. Any thoughts and recommendations?
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred, Delta Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Avis PP
I stayed at the Palacio del Rio about a month ago. It's definitely in a prime location on the Riverwalk and within walking distance to a ton of restaurants and bars. I was "upgraded" to a high floor room, but I did have a balcony which was nice to have. Room was appointed well and looked like a typical Hilton. Was given the Diamond F&B credit, the bar was closed but ended up using the credit in the morning at the coffee shop.

Overall it's a good hotel downtown and I'd stay there again if business brought me back.
Guate87 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by hhoope01
My wife wants to take my daughter out on a girls weekend trip in January for 3 nights to the San Antonio Riverwalk. They'd like to be pampered as much as possible. My daughter will be about 6-7 months pregnant so while they may do some walking,...Neither the Palacio or the Emily Morgan have any posts on stays in the last 3 or 4 years and I can't find anything on the Canopy. Any thoughts and recommendations?
Palacio is the winner. It is on the Riverwalk, so they can take a boat from their hotel. The lights along the river are beautiful and they can sit in the restaurant, either outside or inside, and watch people boat by.

My daughter got married at The Little Church at La Villita so we all stayed at Palacio.

The Emily Morgan is great for walking the streets around the Alamo. It has history and mystery.

I prefer Palacio to both Marriotts, the Menger, the Crockett, etc.
DC9 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:53 am
soy

Programs: various
Any opinion on the Embassy Riverwalk versus the Hampton Riverwalk ?

Will be in the area over the new year with family, so larger rooms and breakfast are key considerations
Old Oct 21, 2021, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by soy

Will be in the area over the new year with family, so larger rooms and breakfast are key considerations
ES Riverwalk is actually on the river. Hampton Riverwalk is at least a 5 minute walk to _any_ part of the Riverwalk .

So neither is specifically part of the Riverwalk nor at the heart of the Riverwalk experience.

David
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by soy

If you can forgo the points and breakfast, you can do much better with an Airbnb. Although some hosts do provide a light breakfast (things like granola bars).
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:44 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by aztimm
If you can forgo the points and breakfast, you can do much better with an Airbnb. Although some hosts do provide a light breakfast (things like granola bars).
thanks - I have 2 free night certs expiring 12/31 and this trip is really the only opportunity to use them.
sounds like the ES is the better option.
Room will just be somewhere to crash after a day out doing stuff with the kids. Probably better not to be in the river walk proper for sleep purposes
Old Oct 25, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
There may be other options, but from what I can see the best options would be the Palacio del Rio, the Canopy San Antonio Riverwalk, or possibly the Emily Morgan.

Neither the Palacio or the Emily Morgan have any posts on stays in the last 3 or 4 years and I can't find anything on the Canopy. Any thoughts and recommendations?
I recently completed a one night stay at the Canopy and loved the location as well as the decor of the property. I didn’t receive an appreciable upgrade as a Diamond since the hotel was completely sold out on a busy holiday weekend, but was allocated a room on the 18th floor overlooking San Fernando Cathedral. I used the $24 F&B credit at Otro Bar which has a great open aired space perched above the Riverwalk. Below are some pics of the room and Otro for visuals:

DC9 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.