Hilton Brussels City {BEL}

Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has the construction in front of the hotel been completed?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived 3pm, hotels seems strangely empty?.....FD guy very quiet, upgraded one cat from king guest room to king deluxe.......didn't push but hotel is clearly empty so thought they could have done better......room on 7th floor, huge strange looking bed? very low ......room reasonable size, robes & slipppers, two waters on desk.
Went for a walk down to grand place , plenty of shops and attractions.
Just got back and still it's quiet, I've honestly not seen another person here yet!.......now off to sauna and later who knows?......will report back!
Brussels empties in August. The EU and NATO more or less reduce to a skeleton staff as do many businesses. Business travellers always outnumber tourists by some margin, this means weekend rates are typically cheap and they tumble throughout August. I hope you got a good rate.

The hotel is not in a great location, but it's handy for the airport train which stops at the north station nearby. I lived in Brussels for a few years and spent my last night at the hotel. I wasn't especially sad to leave Brussels!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Very impressive spa area!.......gym has two of everything ( 2 treadmills, 2 cross trainers, etc ) a pulley rack and free weights.
There is also a huge new looking sauna, a small steam room that is currently out of order ( the steam room ) ...... there is a nice shower and a regular shower too both monsoon style.....there are plenty of towels and three loungers to relax on.
The whole area is on the 1st floor and was spotless, almost as if it was set up for website photos, it was really picture perfect.
Now back in room, we are going out to dinner soon , my lady has choose the restaurant and insists on paying so it's a surprise?.....haha......will report back!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
Has the construction in front of the hotel been completed?
Front of hotel, I can't see any construction, however the road in front is closed and there are diggers and roadworks in effect.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Dan72
Brussels empties in August. The EU and NATO more or less reduce to a skeleton staff as do many businesses. Business travellers always outnumber tourists by some margin, this means weekend rates are typically cheap and they tumble throughout August. I hope you got a good rate.

The hotel is not in a great location, but it's handy for the airport train which stops at the north station nearby. I lived in Brussels for a few years and spent my last night at the hotel. I wasn't especially sad to leave Brussels!
Yeah I got off at Brussels north from Antwerp, what a shady area!....got a great rate @ Ł59 honors discount.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:52 am

Looks like you're confusing the FT forum with Twitter...
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Koby
Looks like you're confusing the FT forum with Twitter...
Yeah a little perhaps, but I do post facts too......please feel free to skip my posts!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Yeah a little perhaps, but I do post facts too......please feel free to skip my posts!
Actually many of us enjoy the 'live' updates and ability to get answers to questions while someone is at a property. Please do keep posting live reviews wizla, many of us love it. ^

Have a great trip in Europe, was good to read about your time in Vienna, curious to hear how the various places compare in your experience.

Safe travels, say hi to your lady from us! ^
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by BotB
Actually many of us enjoy the 'live' updates and ability to get answers to questions while someone is at a property. Please do keep posting live reviews wizla, many of us love it. ^

Have a great trip in Europe, was good to read about your time in Vienna, curious to hear how the various places compare in your experience.

Safe travels, say hi to your lady from us! ^
Hey thanks mate, yeah I do get generally get positive remarks via PM and in the forum, Yes I run on a bit but it's my nature being an entertainer but I do remain factual whilst " telling the story " .
Hope you are keeping well!......crazel says hi!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:59 pm

....great meal at la cambord just up the road.......recommend!.
Now back, tired and gonna retire.......I will report back!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Arrived 3pm, hotels seems strangely empty?.....FD guy very quiet, upgraded one cat from king guest room to king deluxe.......didn't push but hotel is clearly empty so thought they could have done better......room on 7th floor, huge strange looking bed? very low ......room reasonable size, robes & slipppers, two waters on desk.
Went for a walk down to grand place , plenty of shops and attractions.
Just got back and still it's quiet, I've honestly not seen another person here yet!.......now off to sauna and later who knows?......will report back!
The king deluxe is about the best room type you can get in this hotel.
They definitely feel more spacious than their so called 'suites'.
We have been upgraded to a suite in the past and asked to change the suite for a deluxe room, because it was dark and felt very cramped. The bathroom was also very dated and with an hideous layout.

I agree that the beds are unusual. They are 'Scandinavian style' but we always sleep well on them.

Didn't they give you drink vouchers on arrival? They have always given me some (we have stayed there often) and when Mathijs is at the front desk, he has given us more than 1 each :-)
What did you think about the breakfast? It is usually quiet basic but we think it is fine for 1 night and when we get a good room rate.
As we live in nearby Antwerp it is still a decent option for us when we are 'short of stays' to renew our Diamond tier and as we know exactly what to expect (after many stays) we are never disappointed.

If we want a 'nicer hotel' we choose the Hilton Grand Place, depending on the difference in room rates.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
The king deluxe is about the best room type you can get in this hotel.
They definitely feel more spacious than their so called 'suites'.
We have been upgraded to a suite in the past and asked to change the suite for a deluxe room, because it was dark and felt very cramped. The bathroom was also very dated and with an hideous layout.

I agree that the beds are unusual. They are 'Scandinavian style' but we always sleep well on them.

Didn't they give you drink vouchers on arrival? They have always given me some (we have stayed there often) and when Mathijs is at the front desk, he has given us more than 1 each :-)
What did you think about the breakfast? It is usually quiet basic but we think it is fine for 1 night and when we get a good room rate.
As we live in nearby Antwerp it is still a decent option for us when we are 'short of stays' to renew our Diamond tier and as we know exactly what to expect (after many stays) we are never disappointed.

If we want a 'nicer hotel' we choose the Hilton Grand Place, depending on the difference in room rates.
I agree with everything you said there, it was an okay Hilton, I guess I've been a little spoiled just lately staying at many hotels and yes I paid a low rate.

Up at 7am, she's still sleeping so off to he gym I go, an hour on treadmill and sauna, worth mentioning that sauna has an eco mode and a button needs to be pressed for full heat, this takes 20 mins to hit 85 degrees ( the correct temperature for a sauna ), so I hit the button before my work out, it's worth remembering this.
Breakfast was very average. Not much selection and cold plates,hot food also tasted under seasoned and bland.
Checked out and got taxi to the Hilton grand place.

CONCLUSION- I've stayed in some great Hiltons on this tour, whilst there was nothing wrong here it did feel a little inferior to the others, that said it does have a great sauna and gym, would return if in the area.

ROOM NO - 711

NEXT STAY - Hilton grand place ( I'm here now )
moeser likes this.

Last edited by wizla; Aug 7, 2017 at 8:43 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:47 am

Forgot to mention during stay , one free drink voucher given at check in.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
I agree with everything you said there, it was an okay Hilton, I guess I've been a little spoiled just lately staying at many hotels and yes I paid a low rate.

Up at 7am, she's still sleeping so off to he gym I go, an hour on treadmill and sauna, worth mentioning that sauna has an eco mode and a button needs to be pressed for full heat, this takes 20 mins to hit 85 degrees ( the correct temperature for a sauna ), so I hit the button before my work out, it's worth remembering this.
Breakfast was very average. Not much selection and cold plates,hot food also tasted under seasoned and bland.
Checked out and got taxi to the Hilton grand place.

CONCLUSION- I've stayed in some great Hiltons on this tour, whilst there was nothing wrong here it did feel a little inferior to the others, that said it does have a great sauna and gym, would return if in the area.

ROOM NO - 711

NEXT STAY - Hilton grand place ( I'm here now )
I stayed here 2 years ago and was quite impressed at their spa/sauna setup. Seemed quite robust for a hotel of this size. The gym was small but got the job done.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: HH D

Place Rogier was ruined for 10 years, but eventually a covered coffee kiosk was created.

Karel Rogierplein now also offers a double-width Villo! rental station.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.