FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Brussels City {BEL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/397449-hilton-brussels-city-bel.html)

TomMM Mar 28, 2015 6:20 am

I had a 3 night stay last weekend and at check in I was offered 1000 bonus points or free breakfast each day. I took the breakfast offer but ended up not using it.

sbams Mar 28, 2015 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 24578240)
I had a 3 night stay last weekend and at check in I was offered 1000 bonus points or free breakfast each day. I took the breakfast offer but ended up not using it.

Cryptic ...

scubaccr Mar 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 24578240)

But is that not the standard HHG MyWay Benefit.... choice/option of either Continental Breakfast/day OR 1000points/stay at a Hilton ?
(Though in London-UK when I was HHG I still tended to get both full b/f + myway selected 1000pts)

HHD I get both continental b/f + 1000pts by rights I think.

TomMM Mar 29, 2015 10:28 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr (Post 24581082)
But is that not the standard HHG MyWay Benefit.... choice/option of either Continental Breakfast/day OR 1000points/stay at a Hilton ?
(Though in London-UK when I was HHG I still tended to get both full b/f + myway selected 1000pts)

HHD I get both continental b/f + 1000pts by rights I think.

I don't know. That was the first time I've encountered that option.

Delectatio Mar 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 24583749)

So why did you choose the BF if you weren't using it? I would have gone for the points... :-))
Did they offer you drink vouchers (sometimes it seems you have to ask for them...)?

TomMM Mar 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Delectatio (Post 24584367)
So why did you choose the BF if you weren't using it? I would have gone for the points... :-))
Did they offer you drink vouchers (sometimes it seems you have to ask for them...)?

I found the food in the area more interesting.

Yes, I got 3 drink vouchers at check-in. Didn't use them either(Don't drink alcohol)

bj27 Mar 30, 2015 1:29 am

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 24584784)
I found the food in the area more interesting.

Yes, I got 3 drink vouchers at check-in. Didn't use them either(Don't drink alcohol)

I used one of mine at the bar one night and asked for a San Pellegrino.. I mentioned I was bringing it back up to the room and the nice bartender gave me an entire unopened liter bottle. ^

OB one Mar 30, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by TomMM (Post 24583749)

Don't know your elite level but, at Hiltons, Diamonds get 1000 points AND breakfast, Golds get 1000 points OR breakfast.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html

As many have noted here, Golds, with their My Way hotel preferences set to 1000 points, sometimes still get breakfast too.

I think most Fter's actively change their My Way on site preferences based on each stay, for example, you have an early flight where you leave before breakfast, choose points.

365RoadWarrior Oct 5, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm looking at nine days here or at a nearby non-Hilton competitor. FT reviews for this place are kind of a mixed-bag. Anyone with recent experience want to steer me to or away? Business-only trip. I won't care about not having a lounge, if breakfast is okay. I do want a serviceable gym. And I need quiet for sleep. I know the location is okay for my needs; I've spent a couple hundred nights across the street. Thanks.

Cymro Oct 5, 2015 3:52 pm

Breakfast is good, can't recall the gym but doubt it's anything special. Staff are very good and the hotel is quiet - I slept well.

One thing I would say is that I checked in and was given an extremely small room - booked via a BA Holiday - that turned into a much nicer room once given a Diamond upgrade that reception proactively offered to me. (This was just before on-property benefits were totally reserved to direct bookings).

Sisosig Oct 5, 2015 4:04 pm

Stayed there this summer, on a local holiday. With housekeeping outsourced, apparently this meant: not taking care of the fitness/wellness area. The entire gym/sauna area was without a single clean towel. After finishing exercises, I cleaned up some of the garbage left by other guest like half empty cups and dirty towels. But it was just too much, I left half of it.

Breakfast was ok. In the past I always received a great upgrade, large room with a Place Rogier view (which has been under construction for the past 10 years or so I guess). But not this time, just the room I paid for, a room with a light shaft view, but very quiet. But no desk, just a Motel 6 type half-width shelf. I hate that, I go to Hilton family hotels because I like to sit in a decent chair behind a desk. I'll give them one more try though. On the positive side: when you stay for nine days you'll get rewarded with many bonus points using the current promotion.

Edit:
-"So why didn't you pick up the phone and call housekeeping or the front desk?"
Answer: The fitness center phone was dead (or at least it seemed to be, no dialtone.)

treppenlaeufer Oct 5, 2015 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sisosig (Post 25522299)
My last stay was this summer, on a local holiday. With housekeeping outsourced, apparently this meant: not taking care of the fitness/wellness area. The entire gym/sauna area was without a single clean towel. After finishing exercises, I cleaned up some of the garbage left by other guest like half empty cups and dirty towels. But it was just too much, I left half of it.

Breakfast was ok. In the past I always received a great upgrade, large room with a Place Rogier view (which has been under construction for the past 10 years or so I guess). But not this time, just the room I paid for, a room with a light shaft view, but very quiet. But no desk, just a Motel 6 type half-width shelf. I hate that, I go to Hilton family hotels because I like to sit in a decent chair behind a desk. I'll give them one more try. On the positive site: when you stay for nine days you'll get rewarded with many bonus points with the current promotion.

Edit:
-"So why didn't you pick up the phone and call housekeeping or the front desk?"
Answer: The fitness center phone was dead.

Same here, booked standard and got the same,lightshaft view. But with a desk and generally I was happy with the room. Drink vouchers were provided,we chose to use them for fresh leaves peppermint tea, and got two rounds with one voucher each. There was a Hilton Honors reception on the Wednesday night we stayed, free drinks and some minor nibbles. Didn't sample breakfast due to early start, but ordered the breakfast boxes instead. There is free tea and coffee also available before breakfast for all guests in the lobby. You can get good rates at this hotel, we certainly enjoyed one of those, and for that price it was pretty good!

ges123 Oct 5, 2015 5:40 pm

Worst Hilton I ever stayed at

Small room isn't the word for it. Our bed ended one foot from the door and when you opened the door you could see me in bed. So happy it was only 1 night.

Delectatio Oct 6, 2015 8:58 am

We stay here about once a month, often during weekends. I agree it is not the 'most amazing Hilton' you will come across but if you pay a low roomrate (like we often do during weekend stays) I think it is still good value.
Breakfast is ok (if you go early enough, refilling things is sometimes a problem). We usually receive an upgrade to a larger 'deluxe' room (facing the square but also a bit noisier because of that) as a HH Gold.
They always give us drink vouchers and we usually get more if we ask for them (we like this because it doesn't restrict us to 'lounge hours') and they have some nice beers and wines to choose from.
Depending on how much you pay ofcourse...we like the hotel for what it is.

365RoadWarrior Oct 6, 2015 10:12 am

Thank you, Cymro, Sisosig, treppenlaeufer, ges123, and Delectatio. The idea of a a small room appeals (the smaller the better for me), but the fitness center neglect doesn't. I've got a decent rate on a cancellable reservation. (99 euro on a non-refundable right now doesn't tempt me.) It sounds like I could do worse...or better, so I'll keep shopping. Shopping is easier when I know the pluses and minuses here, so thanks!

I wish I wasn't burned out on the neighboring Sheraton; the club lounge and fitness center there just aren't.