Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Reno {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Reno {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2002, 6:44 pm

Adam Burke Please Investigate the Reno Hilton -- Hilton's Hotel from Hell

I just had a very unpleasant telephone converstion with Mr. XXXX at the Reno Hilton, aptly titled in other posts as the Hilton from Hell. Mr. XXXX claimed to be that hotel's HHonors representative. I chronicled my last week's experience at his hotel.(posted at "Hilton-Reno & Embassy Suites-Las Vegas" thread) Interestingly, Mr. XXXX reiterated what I had been told earlier, because the Reno Hilton is not actually a Hilton Hotel it does not have to participate in the HHonors program. When I asked how he could take such a position given the large multi-story red Hilton Hotel logos attached to the hotel, the Hilton reservation website where I booked my room, and a special "HHonors" checkin area at the front desk he blithely told me they "just borrow" the Hilton name. It really bugged him when I asked him that if the Reno Hilton is really a Hilton and if it really doesn't participate in the HHonors program, then what are his HHonors representative duties? And who lines up at the HHonors check-in? "Ignore the man (humbug) behind the curtain!"

My only satisfaction was that he said he would address the room cleanliness issues I raised. Curly little hairs found in the bathroom vanity basin and enough black shower mold to generate a ten year supply of penicillin.

If there truly is a HHonors lurker monitoring this Board, (do you hear me Adam?) please let us know what's the scoop on the Reno property. Is it or isn't it a Hilton hotel. If it is a Hilton, why doesn't it participate in the the HHonors program. If it isn't, why do you allow it to take advantage of Hilton's hard earned goodwill? I'm sure I speak for many other HHonors members, we look forward to your response.
Old Apr 10, 2002, 7:13 pm

Go Girl!!
Old Apr 10, 2002, 7:19 pm

Lisa, I started that other thread about the hotels I was staying at. That hotel has no business being called a Hilton. I will NEVER stay there again. The E-S in Vegas was very nice and friendly...

Old Apr 10, 2002, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite
Lisa,

If I were you, I'd try the email address for Adam. Failing that, send a letter to the CEO. That usually gets a prompt response from someone at Hilton HHonors with 1/2 a brain. I've never done this, but read about the results several times.

I haven't seen Adam around in a LONG time. The Starwood Lurker (William) puts Adam to shame...
Old Apr 11, 2002, 4:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Add the LV hilton to that list, albeit I don't believe quite as bad as Reno. I too am curious why these PP Ent. Hotels can use the Hilton name if they are not properties of Hilton nor participate in the awards.

I would fire off a letter to the CEO, cc adam burke and the management at the property in question.

I won't go back to the LV hilton, I'll stay at the ES which are great, or the Marriott.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 6:10 am

Go directly to Steve Bollenbach (sp?) who is the president of Hilton. I would call his office and ask to speak to him. I've chatted with him before and he seems to be a very reasonable individual. If you try Barron Hilton you may only get his secretary. I've managed to get through to Barron myself, but only because we use to operate a few Hilton hotels.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 9:58 am
Original Member

I stayed at the Reno Hilton several times, always got an upgrade, and never had a problem. Sorry to hear it's gone downhill.
Old Apr 11, 2002, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lisadiamond:
If there truly is a HHonors lurker monitoring this Board, (do you hear me Adam?) please let us know what's the scoop on the Reno property.</font>
Maybe this is the person to track down:
Jeffrey A. Diskin
President and COO
Hilton HHonors Worldwide

I thought the Mirage was in Las Vegas but apparently the Hilton signs all over this hotel are also a mirage.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Apr 12, 2002, 6:54 pm

From the Hilton web site today:

Facts About Hilton
Global hotel company
Barron Hilton - Chairman
Stephen F. Bollenbach - President & CEO
Robert E. Dirks - Senior Vice President - Brand Management & Marketing

Also, I called and got this info:
Hilton Corporate Offices
9336 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310-278-4321

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
http://www.biztrip.com

[This message has been edited by businesstraveler (edited 04-12-2002).]
Old May 1, 2002, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
RenoReno update?

Almost afraid to ask, and almost afraid to stay - but I've read of some horrible stays and not-so-horrible stays. How about any recent stays? I'm severely lacking for HHonors stays this year so I will probably stay there no matter what but any comments would be appreciated. I'm an HHGold so comments from same would be good (ie, do I get a basement room? or a suite with 2 attendants massaging my feet?) Ummm..did I mention I'm also on medication for upgradedelusionitis?
Old May 1, 2002, 2:35 pm

Other posts have referred to the Reno Hilton as "Hilton's Hotel from Hell." Sadly, that too was my recent experience. Two weeks ago at check-in the front desk clerk refused my junior suite upgrade request as well as my request for breakfast vouchers. When I showed him my copy of the HHonors program benefits he snidely remarked that he had read it all before and that the Reno Hilton isn't actually a Hilton hotel (the 10 story Hilton signs adorning the hotel must be figments of our collective imagination) but a Park Place Entertainment property. He added that Park Place hotels do not participate in the HHonors program and do not bestow HHonors benefits. Unfortuately my company uses the Reno Hilton for quarterly sales meetings and books rooms for its western states sales force there. Multiple requests for Adam Burke to weigh in on this issue have gone unanswered.
Old May 1, 2002, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

travelsway2much - why do you think you are entitled to a suite? No where on the benefits guide does it say any level HH member is entitled to a suite upgrade.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/benefits/levels.jhtml

Just says you can get a room on the towers or executive level if available.
Old May 1, 2002, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
My wife, a gold, stayed there April 9-13 and checked in at the regular check in. She asked for and got breakfast coupons for all in the room for her stay. She did not see the honors check in when she arrived.
Old May 1, 2002, 3:55 pm

Baze -- Good question re my suite upgrade request. More information is in order. My "sense of entitlement" arose from prior experience at that hotel. I first stayed at the Reno Hilton in Fall 1996. For each stay thereafter as a Diamond HHonors member I was automatically upgraded to either a full or junior suite. The breakfast vouchers were also supplied without prior request. Then suddenly without explantion last December the upgrades and breakfast vouchers stopped. Upon request in December I was upgraded to a junior suite and breakfast vouchers were given to me. In April the upgrade and vouchers were refused all together. I agree, upgrades to junior suites are not a published HHonors benefit. But under former hotel policy they were. Nevertheless, breakfast vouchers are a standard HHonors benefit. I am glad to hear that other members have received their vouchers. Perhaps the Reno Hilton has reconsidered its policies.
Old May 1, 2002, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for clearing up the expectations. I understand where you are coming from now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.