Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Reno {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Reno {US-NV} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2001, 5:48 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I had the same experience last month. Reservation made on the hilton web site...
ADAM HAS INTENTIONALLY NOT ADRESSED THE HILTON SITUATION IN NEVADA. He has been asked in many threads... the silence speaks VOLUMES. Hilton does not care about it's customers.
Old Feb 28, 2001, 6:11 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by cigarman:
I had the same experience last month. Reservation made on the hilton web site...
ADAM HAS INTENTIONALLY NOT ADRESSED THE HILTON SITUATION IN NEVADA. He has been asked in many threads... the silence speaks VOLUMES. Hilton does not care about it's customers.

Now, come on!! don;t you think you are being a bit over dramatic!! If you really want no customer service, mosey onto the Marriott board that has no monitor at all!

Yes, it appears that he has not answered this question as things are still being ironed out. Therefore, in the interim, forewarned is forearmed -- isn't this what this board is about, in part? -- and I suggest that you NOT expect points until furthter notice.

They probably don't want a repeat of those $17 room nights where you can boost your status.

As for me, if they are once again available, I will take advantage of them this time, as it sounds like it sure beats dealing with that idiot at the front desk.

On the other hand, perhaps we can have a FTer convention there and really give it to her!! NOW, that would be great!

Old May 23, 2001, 3:45 pm

Reno Hilton $39.00 rate gives no points

Just stayed at the Reno Hilton for the 39.00 rate and was told that this did not qualify for points. That the rate had to be 49.00 or more. I asked if I could pay the 10.00 difference and was told no, that I could only do that on the interenet at the time of booking. Does this sound correct? No where did it say on my 4 page confirmation that this stay did not qualify.
Old May 23, 2001, 5:23 pm

If you have not already, try to resubmit stay
info directly to HiltonHHonors customer
service. When I've had a problem with the
hotel front desk, I send a copy of the bill
or call a hotel chain's award program for
credit.
Old May 23, 2001, 5:42 pm

Same experience. I was told by the front desk that the room rate I was paying, did not qualify for mileage points. After calling customer service, they were more than happy to rectify the problem.
Old May 23, 2001, 9:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
At a recent Garden Inn stay, I was informed upon check-in that my $59.00 rate would not qualify for points/miles, only $69 and above would qualify at that particular HGI. So, I asked to be bumped up to the qualifying rate and get my stay/points/miles, no questions asked, no problem. Thus, I think that you should be able to change your rate upon check-in, provided there is availability.
Old May 24, 2001, 4:04 pm

Fax a copy of your folio to Hilton HHonors and the stay will post (you don't need to pay the extra $10).
Old Jun 4, 2001, 3:30 pm

Reno Hilton EWRDC, AA question

I am enrolled in the Hilton promo and I'm also trying for the 20 partners American Airlines promo. I am going to Reno next month and I'm usually comped at the Reno Hilton. If I booked one night at the minimum rate and the other nights were comped, would this count as a stay for both programs? If all nights were comped would I still get the AA credit?
Old Jun 4, 2001, 8:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by sgosline:
I am enrolled in the Hilton promo and I'm also trying for the 20 partners American Airlines promo. I am going to Reno next month and I'm usually comped at the Reno Hilton. If I booked one night at the minimum rate and the other nights were comped, would this count as a stay for both programs? If all nights were comped would I still get the AA credit?</font>
First, make seperate reservations. Then checkout after the paid night. Check back in and enjoy your comped stay.
Old Jun 5, 2001, 6:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:
First, make seperate reservations. Then checkout after the paid night. Check back in and enjoy your comped stay. </font>
You just have to make sure of one thing. The two reservations cannot be back to back. You cannot stay one day, checkout, and checkin again for the following night.
Old Jun 9, 2001, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
You could spend the paid night at the Flamingo. According to info from the Live Chat, it's still an HHonors property.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World
Old Jun 21, 2001, 6:00 pm

reno hilton

We're staying a the Reno Hilton this weekend. As a gold what should I expect as I recently had a bad experience at a Doubletree.
Old Jun 21, 2001, 6:33 pm

From personal experience -- The reception desk clerks are rude and outright hostile. Be sure to bring a hard copy of the HHonors benefits to prove that you are entitled to a comp. breakfast otherwise you'll be told that don't know anything about that perk. This happended to me twice in April, same clerk each time!! Fortunately I learned from this Board to always carry a copy of the rules. Also press for an upgrade, if you don't ask you won't get it. Others may differ, but the Reno property is my least favorite Hilton. Please let us know if the atmosphere has changed. Good luck.
Old Jun 21, 2001, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Are you talking about the Reno Hilton by the airport or the downtown Flamingo? Night and day. I thought the Reno Hilton was very good and the Flamingo was very bad. Search this thread for mor information.

Have fun
Old Jun 21, 2001, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
I beleive you are right DRTRAVELS, I've stayed many times at the Reno Hilton (the former Bally's and MGM) and have always received friendly service, and an upgrade to nice room. One time I got one of the suites at the end of the hall that must have been over 1000 sq. ft., and I was only paying $49.00/night!

The Flamingo in downtown Reno is not nearly as nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.