Print Wikipost

Conrad Cairo {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Martin J Monaghan
Yesd, it is, even in non smoking rooms
Have stayed at this hotel twice in 2017 and am very sensitive to smoke, had no issue in non-smoking rooms.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Have stayed at this hotel twice in 2017 and am very sensitive to smoke, had no issue in non-smoking rooms.
I had also a couple of stays last year. The first time there was not smell at all but on the second stay there was some smell, but not sufficient to change rooms.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
Answering my own question here with an email from Conrad Cairo. Pretty pricey.
"We are glad to offer our " Meet & Assist " Service for your arrival with cost Per Person 80 USD In Toyota car or 120 USD In Mercedes\Van. Please be informed that a charge of 30 USD will be added Per additional Pax within any transportation “Meet & Assist" request, Service cost will be added to your room bill upon arrival, Our airport representative will be waiting before the immigrations holding a sign with your name to assist you with Visa Entry and to facilitate the arrival logistics
NB. Please advise Car Choice Mercedes\Van or Toyota, Number of arrivals and the flight details (Air Line, Flight Number, Arrival Date\Time) 24 hours before your arrival In order to proceed
Also we would like to offer our airport drop off service at cost (31 USD) For Toyota car or at cost (51 USD) For Mercedes\Van car. Please advise your departure flight details 24 Hours In advance In order to proceed, the car will be ready at the hotel ramp three hours before your departure flight take off time. It takes from 45 to 60 Minutes from Conrad Hotel to Airport
In addition, Please be informed that we would like to offer our “Departure Meet & Assist service as well at airport “Our airport representative would meet you at airport to facilitate the departure procedures at cost of 20 USD per person."
Horrible prices!? What is the point of this Conrad Cairo? Better VIP arrival services for similar price, eg. Ahlan.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Is the Conrad worth an extra $20 over the Ramses (booking normal rooms) plus the extra on taxi fares to places like the Egyptian Museum and the Medieval Islamic Cairo area ?

Just doing one night on my own.
Am Gold, might be Diamond by then.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Is the Conrad worth an extra $20 over the Ramses (booking normal rooms) plus the extra on taxi fares to places like the Egyptian Museum and the Medieval Islamic Cairo area ?

Just doing one night on my own.
Am Gold, might be Diamond by then.
It's a personal choice, but for me it definitely would be worth the extra $20. It is a much nicer hotel: cleaner, newer, calmer. The Ramses is beyond tired and often feels overrun by tour groups. Taxis in Cairo are cheap. The Conrad will help with taxis, although Uber is best. But note than when I stayed at the Ramses they refused to help with taxis and insisted upon using their own (overpriced) hotel cars.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dan72
It's a personal choice, but for me it definitely would be worth the extra $20. It is a much nicer hotel: cleaner, newer, calmer. The Ramses is beyond tired and often feels overrun by tour groups. Taxis in Cairo are cheap. The Conrad will help with taxis, although Uber is best. But note than when I stayed at the Ramses they refused to help with taxis and insisted upon using their own (overpriced) hotel cars.
Echo the above comment. Also, the Nile views from the Conrad are frontal, whereas you get an angular view from the Ramses. The Conrad has a much nicer lounge, IMO. BTW, I got taxis from both the Ramses and the Conrad by hailing them off the street (and negotiating the price in advance) without any problem at all; it helps to have your destination written out by the concierge. Of course these are regular Cairo taxis and not fancy air-conditioned cabs. There is also Careem, a service similar to Uber.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
Do they have the stuffed bears in the rooms now? It looks like an earlier comment said they did not.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks very much guys.
Quidco just threw a spanner in the works; 15% cashback on IHG IC hotels.
IC Cairo (Semiramis) would be under $100.

Have Platinum IHG
Have Gold Hilton (Expecting to be Diamond before this stay though).

Grrrr..... was about to bite at $135 for the Conrad. The IC would now be quite a lot cheaper at the end of a pricey holiday.

How does the IC Semiramis compare to the Conrad ??
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:36 pm

Certain parts of the Conrad site state that it's a "smoke free hotel". This is very much in conflict with reports in this thread so either it's a copy-and-paste issue from some other Hilton property, or Conrad has changed to a smoke free policy. I'll ask the hotel, but I'm hoping someone here with experience can tell us what they smelled recently.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by 49er
Certain parts of the Conrad site state that it's a "smoke free hotel". This is very much in conflict with reports in this thread so either it's a copy-and-paste issue from some other Hilton property, or Conrad has changed to a smoke free policy.
Stayed at the Conrad Cairo 2 weeks ago. Definitely NOT a smoke free hotel. There's a smoking area at breakfast, though not in the Executive Lounge. Egypt is one of the few places I've been to recently where smoking in restaurants seems to be the norm.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by mike2003242
Do they have the stuffed bears in the rooms now? It looks like an earlier comment said they did not.
Bump
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Stayed twice in Dec. No bears.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Real shame. Thanks for the update
Old Jan 19, 2019, 2:01 am

Just completed a very satisfying stay. A couple of hiccups were resolved with aplomb and the chief concierge is absolutely first class. Regarding the bears, I was told the property used to offer a stuffed camel. The manager has been petitioned to resume the tradition.
ConsultanSea likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyme2
Just completed a very satisfying stay. A couple of hiccups were resolved with aplomb and the chief concierge is absolutely first class. Regarding the bears, I was told the property used to offer a stuffed camel. The manager has been petitioned to resume the tradition.
How was the room? I read reports of worn furnishings, damp/mildew odor, and smoke smells on Booking.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.