FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lamphs
6/4/21

Concierge e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Conrad Cairo {EGY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by tboons

Any review or updates if this conrad is worth the stay? Either conrad or ramses hilton.
Cairo Conrad v Ramses Hilton? No contest - Cairo Conrad wins easily.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Any review or updates if this conrad is worth the stay? Either conrad or ramses hilton.
Hi,

I have had 2 separate stays at the Conrad recently and it is OK, looks old and needs to be renovated but it is clean and I would return again if I am in the area.
Apparently this year the rooms will be fully refurbished but do not know exactly when, also does not help how bad is the tourist industry now.

The Ramses Hilton looked very old in my last visit(2009) and I believe that nothing has been done up to now.

Last edited by more4less; Feb 2, 2017 at 11:54 am
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:01 am

The Ramses is refurbishing its 4 Top floors at the current.

Might be a chance for you to get a brand new room.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by moeser
The Ramses is refurbishing its 4 Top floors at the current.

Might be a chance for you to get a brand new room.
These are great news, thanks for the update moeser
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:57 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
How are Golds treated at the Conrad in Cairo?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
How are Golds treated at the Conrad in Cairo?
As a Diamond booking a standard room, I always get an upgrade to an Exec room and lounge access. The lounge is never that busy and I expect Golds get the same treatment; not many hotels do much more/different for Diamonds.

I work in JUB and the flight times are odd and they are also typically good with late and early check-outs.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
We booked an Exec suite then asked for - and received - an upgrade to one of the Royal Suites. Fantastic!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by Dan72
As a Diamond booking a standard room, I always get an upgrade to an Exec room and lounge access. The lounge is never that busy and I expect Golds get the same treatment; not many hotels do much more/different for Diamonds.

I work in JUB and the flight times are odd and they are also typically good with late and early check-outs.
Thanks for the input.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:58 pm

Is the smoke smell at the hotel really bad?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

What form of transportation should I take to the pyramids from the Conrad? Should I arrange private guide with car, or should I take Uber?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:39 am

We used a private guide and were contend. An Uber might be cheaper though and if you don't want / need a guide ...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Has anybody used the new Conrad Cairo Airport office in Terminal 2? (Conrad Cairo opens new office at Cairo Airport | Conrad Hotels & Resorts Global Media Center) The news release suggests it's a free service.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Answering my own question here with an email from Conrad Cairo. Pretty pricey.
"We are glad to offer our " Meet & Assist " Service for your arrival with cost Per Person 80 USD In Toyota car or 120 USD In Mercedes\Van. Please be informed that a charge of 30 USD will be added Per additional Pax within any transportation “Meet & Assist" request, Service cost will be added to your room bill upon arrival, Our airport representative will be waiting before the immigrations holding a sign with your name to assist you with Visa Entry and to facilitate the arrival logistics
NB. Please advise Car Choice Mercedes\Van or Toyota, Number of arrivals and the flight details (Air Line, Flight Number, Arrival Date\Time) 24 hours before your arrival In order to proceed
Also we would like to offer our airport drop off service at cost (31 USD) For Toyota car or at cost (51 USD) For Mercedes\Van car. Please advise your departure flight details 24 Hours In advance In order to proceed, the car will be ready at the hotel ramp three hours before your departure flight take off time. It takes from 45 to 60 Minutes from Conrad Hotel to Airport
In addition, Please be informed that we would like to offer our “Departure Meet & Assist service as well at airport “Our airport representative would meet you at airport to facilitate the departure procedures at cost of 20 USD per person."
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:06 am

Wow.That became pricey.

We used their limousine service 3 years ago ( Mercedes E Class ),the driver picked us up before immigration,led us through,picked up the luggage,
and we paid 75$ O/W for the car,not each !
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
Is the smoke smell at the hotel really bad?

Yesd, it is, even in non smoking rooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.