Conrad Cairo {EGY}

Old Jan 21, 19, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by 49er View Post

How was the room? I read reports of worn furnishings, damp/mildew odor, and smoke smells on Booking.com

The first room I was assigned did indeed have a strong mildew odour. I immediately rejected it and was allocated one without said odour. I negotiated a suite upgrade the following morning for the balance of my stay. The rooms are very traditional, and not overly large. The suites, of which there are a few different configurations, are in good repair and well maintained, but still traditional (read old fashioned, dated or timelessly classic, as per your particular taste). I can't say I noticed a smoke odour anywhere on property, and I am usually sensitive to that. If you like a more modern take on luxury, then you should really look elsewhere. I would return based more on the soft product than the hard.
Old Feb 10, 19, 9:29 am

Queen beds not twin beds?

I have my family booked in a “twin room” at Conrad Cairo. I emailed about bed size and was told the beds are queen size, not twin. This surprised me a bit because the hotel’s website should state this, given queen size is much bigger than twin (then again hotel websites are generally poor).

I pressed and and was told again (by the same person) in email that “they don’t have twin beds” and the beds are queen.

Anyone with experience staying that can confirm the beds in the twin room are really queen size?

I hope to fit 2 adults and 2 small kids across the two beds.
Old Feb 10, 19, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by 49er View Post
I have my family booked in a “twin room” at Conrad Cairo. I emailed about bed size and was told the beds are queen size, not twin. This surprised me a bit because the hotel’s website should state this, given queen size is much bigger than twin (then again hotel websites are generally poor).

I pressed and and was told again (by the same person) in email that “they don’t have twin beds” and the beds are queen.

Anyone with experience staying that can confirm the beds in the twin room are really queen size?

I hope to fit 2 adults and 2 small kids across the two beds.
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:01 pm

Yes, they are indeed queen sized beds.
Old Feb 10, 19, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyme2 View Post
Yes, they are indeed queen sized beds.
Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:21 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Just completed a satisfying 1-night award stay.
Yes, the place is somewhat "tired".

Regarding the bears....nope.

Excellent executive lounge staff.
Old Feb 26, 19, 11:02 am

I just came back from a one night stay as well. I agree with Biliken -- the executive lounge staff is excellent. We had to visit a few rooms before we found one that did not smell like smoke. Exec lounge staff checked us in and was very good about handling this (as they should be but is not always the case). The furnishings are old and not all things in our room worked. The heat didn't work initially but engineering came within minutes of our call on this issue, and fixed it (reset it) in less than 5 minutes.

Our upgrade was from a regular twin room to the exec level twin. The beds in the twin room were not queen size. Maybe full size, but not queen size.

Food in the exec lounge was very good. We had breakfast in the big buffet downstairs and it was excellent. The main chef was on the floor, helping guests and preparing fuul himself with pride. The fiteer they had at breakfast was better than any we had elsewhere in Egypt. On our return to Cairo (the night before our outbound flight) I thought about canceling our stay at the Heliopolis Towers and booking the Conrad again, but went ahead with the Heliopolis Towers due to proximity to the airport.
Old May 17, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors, Marriott
My wife and I stayed several nights a couple of weeks back. As others have mentioned, the executive lounge staff was outstanding.
Our room was fine. No smoky smell, no mildew, none of that. The only complaint was that the water faucet was a little hard to operate. It's certainly not a modern glass and metal architectural wonder; I thought it had a distinctly "classic" atmosphere about it - but I like that. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised. I'd stay there again for sure.