Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by delinquentwoody
Any seaside location.. the excellent Hilton Bournemouth, also the new Hampton at Blackpool, I believe Brighton has one too although I'm yet to try this one.

True but be aware the lounge is Adults only during happy hour at Hilton Bournemouth.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
Having done the hilton bournmouth. I’d say a fantastic hotel but ... not For kids

Last edited by robandjojo423; Aug 22, 2018 at 4:44 am
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by robandjojo423
Having done the hilton bournmouth. I’d say a fantastic hotel but ... not For kids
I've been there with a 7 and 10 year old. Any hotel which is 60 seconds walk from the beach is good for kids!

My kids were perfectly happy here. Didn't take them in the lounge but they can entertain themselves in the room. Decent indoor poor, not huge admittedly, if the weather is bad.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Need good UK redemption idea for 140,000 pts

My husband and I are going to London for a couple nights but we want to extend our stay elsewhere for 5 nights so we can use up my 140,000 Hilton points and get the 5th night free. (I'm going to cancel my Hilton Surpass afterwards because we rarely spend 5 nights in one place.)

We will not have a car. We will be using trains and buses. We love hiking/walking! My original thought was Bath but the redemption is 50k per night. Cardiff in Wales is a possibility at 25k a night. Any other suggestions? (FYI--we will be flying to Madrid afterwards probably on EasyJet from Briston, Liverpool or Luton)

Last edited by Bohemiana; Jan 31, 2019 at 11:29 am
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
I have a trip planned to Edinburgh in may. got the Hampton Inn for 5 nights for 120,000. never been to that city but am excited to go.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:07 pm

York is a beautiful city to explore, easily accessible by train, and plenty to do/explore in the city centre to fill up 5 days.
140k points should easily get you 5 nights at the recently refurbished Doubletree in the city centre, which I would recommend over the Hilton as slightly better value. Both hotels are a pleasant 20 minute walk across the city from the train station or a short taxi ride.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by delinquentwoody
York is a beautiful city to explore, easily accessible by train, and plenty to do/explore in the city centre to fill up 5 days.
140k points should easily get you 5 nights at the recently refurbished Doubletree in the city centre, which I would recommend over the Hilton as slightly better value. Both hotels are a pleasant 20 minute walk across the city from the train station or a short taxi ride.
I too was going to recommend York, easy train from London and a great place to explore, the outskirts are quite hilly too so I’m sure some hiking opportunities there....... both the Hilton and doubletree are nice hotels, you could also do day trips by train to other places , Leeds, Harrogate and Whitby ( very quiet English seaside town ).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Keep in mind that Hilton Honors has dynamic pricing, so it's hard to say exactly what 140k points will get you... And if you don't have all of the points required, you don't get fifth night free.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
York is a good suggestion as a base. 5 days is too much for York itself, but plenty to do a bus or train journey away, especially if you love walking / hiking. You've got Harrogate / Leeds / Bronte Country all a short journey away. Yorkshire Sculpture Park is a very nice place for some walking etc. Not a bad city to be based on. Similarly, you could base yourself in Leeds (The Doubletree is a nicer hotel than the Hilton there) too.

Edinburgh is a great city to base yourself in as well, with lots to do in the area including walks in and around Edinburgh itself. The challenge may be around hotel pricing on points, but you should have enough.
wizla likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RAPC
The challenge may be around hotel pricing on points, but you should have enough.
140 / 4 = 35K per night.

That rules out London, Edinburgh, etc. and will probably be date-dependent for York and other relatively attractive cities.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
140 / 4 = 35K per night.

That rules out London, Edinburgh, etc. and will probably be date-dependent for York and other relatively attractive cities.
London has several hotels that certainly fit the parameters.
united78 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IcHot
London has several hotels that certainly fit the parameters.
No it doesn't. Croydon, Greenwich / Ealing sometimes, Heathrow. None of which are central London.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plenty in Scotland that works. It depends on the dates. DT Glasgow is 22k per night very often. From there you could feasibly go hiking on day trips to Lomond for example.

You can enter your dates, and then just enter "United Kingdom" in the search box and filter them to see what you can afford.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
No it doesn't. Croydon, Greenwich / Ealing sometimes, Heathrow. None of which are central London.
My apologies. I didn't realize I was disagreeing with a pedant who insists on making his own rules.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IcHot
My apologies. I didn't realize I was disagreeing with a pedant who insists on making his own rules.
It appears that you were disagreeing with somebody who knows much more than you about how much Hilton hotels cost in London...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.