Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hilton Coventry is now a doubletree
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Hilton Coventry is now a doubletree
Yes, good point it is!......I posted that before I had my morning coffee.....my bad.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wizla
I've had a few stays at Hilton Warwick, it's ok, bit tired and old but nothing really bad from memory........alternatively you could try the doubletree Coventry, it's a 23 min drive from Warwick, it's a fairly new hotel built into the side of the Ricoh arena.......I've stayed once and it was ok....there is also Hilton Coventry a few miles further, again fairly good with pool,sauna gym.
Thanks Wizla! I looked into the two Coventry choices quickly- other than being newer, it doesn't sound like they're necessarily worth the extra drive. Would you agree with that? BTW: I really enjoy reading your reviews. I don't get over to the UK often, but am always hoping I'll run into you in a lounge somewhere
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Thanks Wizla! I looked into the two Coventry choices quickly- other than being newer, it doesn't sound like they're necessarily worth the extra drive. Would you agree with that? BTW: I really enjoy reading your reviews. I don't get over to the UK often, but am always hoping I'll run into you in a lounge somewhere
No worries mate, to be honest if it was me I would stick with the Hilton Warwick as it really is ok, like I said nothing special but it's ok.......and thanks for the kind words, yes I post most of my forthcoming stays on the meeting thread, however some stays are last minute and I also have to cancel some as it's the nature of the music business.....that said yes if our paths was to cross I would be happy to meet you and swap stories over a beer , sounds good!......safe travels.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:38 pm

Forgot to mention, parking at Warwick castle is £10 for the day........Stratford upon Avon is a beautiful place too!, classic British town , nice river walks and parks, oh and great fish and chips!
Old Feb 19, 2017, 12:52 pm

Hi all-
I'm in the middle of planning a family trip to England this April. We're planning to spend a few days in London and then take the train out to Stratford-upon-Avon, pick up a hire car, spend the night in the vicinity, and take the kids to Warwick Castle the next morning. I've booked the Hilton Warwick/Stratford since it is well-positioned, but from reading the reviews here and elsewhere, it doesn't sound like the nicest property. Are there any Hilton properties within a reasonable driving distance (say 30 minutes) that you would recommend as an alternative worth the drive? I'd like to stick with Hilton, as I'm a Diamond and need the stays to keep my status. Thanks in advance!
It's not the nicest property but it is functional. Additionally, it's not the most convenient for Stratford upon Avon either (it's well out of town) but useful if you are also visiting Warwick. You're staying in the only part of the UK where I don't consider staying at Hilton properties, even as a diamond member!
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Our local newspaper is reporting the planning stage of a Hampton by Hilton at Norwich Airport:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/bid_...aled_1_4895480
There's currently a Holiday Inn onsite.

signol
Old Feb 20, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RichH6109
It's not the nicest property but it is functional. Additionally, it's not the most convenient for Stratford upon Avon either (it's well out of town) but useful if you are also visiting Warwick. You're staying in the only part of the UK where I don't consider staying at Hilton properties, even as a diamond member!
Thanks for the info! Stratford is actually just a target of opportunity-- our main goal is to get out of london, grab a hire car, and position ourselves for Warwick castle the next morning. When looking at nearby train stations with a rental car agency closeby, Stratford stuck out as having a hertz next to the train station, and also allowing us to see the place...
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info! Stratford is actually just a target of opportunity-- our main goal is to get out of london, grab a hire car, and position ourselves for Warwick castle the next morning. When looking at nearby train stations with a rental car agency closeby, Stratford stuck out as having a hertz next to the train station, and also allowing us to see the place...
Rates and availability out of LHR can also be very good, of course, and LHR is easy for the M25 and M40 to take you to Warwick.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by signol
Our local newspaper is reporting the planning stage of a Hampton by Hilton at Norwich Airport:
http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/bid_...aled_1_4895480
There's currently a Holiday Inn onsite.

signol
That's interesting news!.......norwich is my home too, could be handy for cheap mattress runs, I will report this on the other thread.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Best Hilton property outside London and Edinburgh in the UK

What is your favourite Hilton Property in the UK outside of London and Edinburgh?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate
What is your favourite Hilton Property in the UK outside of London and Edinburgh?
It's between hilton Bournemouth and Hilton St. George's park......can't decide.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Suggestions for reward voucher in the UK

Hi guys,

I have a reward voucher to use which expires on the 9th for July. I can only go away 24th and 25th. Could you please suggest a nice hotel I can use it at which is 2 max 3hours drive from London?

I'd rather not use it in London as I live close to the west end. Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by umbyboy
Hi guys,

I have a reward voucher to use which expires on the 9th for July. I can only go away 24th and 25th. Could you please suggest a nice hotel I can use it at which is 2 max 3hours drive from London?

I'd rather not use it in London as I live close to the west end. Thanks for your help.
If you fancy a nice little retreat to the countryside, hilton St. George's park up in burton upon Trent is great!.......2.4 hour drive from Waldorf Hilton London, nice spa , executive lounge and great views from room.

Hilton Bournemouth is nice too, gotta be a couple of hours down the M3 , again great facility's!......just some thoughts.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by wizla
It's between hilton Bournemouth and Hilton St. George's park......can't decide.
I'd also have to say the Hilton Bournemouth. Why? (Glad you asked! )

-on the South coast so ocean nearby and great walks along the sandy beach anytime of year

-reasonably sized city so most things can be had nearby for drink/food/activity

-new hotel with some design elements so not your bog standard Hilton of old

-great design in the exec lounge, still some choices for drinks and nibbles

-very good breakfast in restaurant with big windows to get daylight at that time of day (instead of in some dark room)...

-that granola, yes, that one. (same as we have praised from some of the London Hiltons)

-decent treatment of Hilton honors members (exec room minimum, sometimes better)

-although expensive in tourist season, the rest of the year it is a damn good value for money proposition, and the Jnr. Suites are very nice and reasonably affordable for the UK

-sauna, steam room and a pool

-a great rooftop bar that is done up quite nice so good for people watching and a drink or three with friends

-great fresh breakfast items, good quality and variety and eggs cooked to order

So my favourite outside of London.

Of course it all depends on where one needs to be and I haven't yet been to the other choice wizla mentioned above (yet)...reviews seem favourable as well for that property and it is also unique in that it is a football (soccer) training base as well...

Curious to hear what others think and maybe discover a new Hilton I should hit at some point...

Safe travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.