Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in England and elsewhere in United Kingdom {GBR}

Old Aug 6, 2002, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
This looks like the offer recently advertised in the UK press. If so, sadly, the ads said that no points or miles would be awarded.
Old Aug 6, 2002, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Yes it looks like an offer I got in the mail about 2 weeks ago.

I think point 10 of the T&C stated - No HHonors points or miles on these fares.

Regards
TBS
Old Aug 6, 2002, 9:38 pm

The site has been down since doc posted this thread!Also there are cheaper rates not on this deal AND one get the points and stays.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:42 pm

Free flights with Hilton UK

Just read in Travel Plus magazine that if you spend two nights or more in any UK and Ireland Hotels Before the end of the year you'll receive 250 airmiles. Apparently rates start at 39GBP a night and the Airmilea are enough to get you from the Uk to Amsterdam,Brussels,Cologne,Frankfurt or Dusseldorf. You do not need to be a member of HHonors but will have to sign up to Airmiles and present your membership card at checkin.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotio...ts/index.jhtml

Nigel

Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Hurry! hurry! to make the stay, allow time for miles to post, book the flights and travel. (From memory, the stay has to be by December, the flight can be up to the first half of 2003 excluding Christmas, New Year, Easter and other holidays.)

The 39 GBP starting price is per person per night for two sharing, i.e. minimum 78 GBP and only applies to a few hotels. Most are more expensive.

This has been part of the Great Air Miles Giveaway over the past few months. Other offers have included a case of wine for 78 or so with 500 Air Miles, offers on Avis rentals and so on.

The wine offer appeared to be 10 or so more expensive than the regular Air Miles offer with 250 Air Miles (does this mean 250 Air Miles are worth 10?).

For reasons which are not clear, the extras (APD, PSC's, security charge etc) with BA flights booked with Air Miles are costlier than similar award flights with BA Miles. I don't know why, but somebody must.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 4:18 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
UK Instant Silver 4 stays to Gold

From http://www.hilton-amex.com/offer_uk.php

"You can receive Silver VIP status immediately, entitling you to an additional 15% of HHonors Base points earned on your stay. And should you make four stays within 90 days of enrolling, you will be upgraded to Gold VIP status"

"To take advantage of this offer, visit www.hiltonhhonors.com/amexleisurebreaks or contact the HHonors Customer Service Centre on 00800 444 666 77 and quote ASMW."

"If youre already an HHonors member and would like to take advantage of this offer, call your local HHonors Customer Service Centre and quote promotion code SMGD."

Seems any (Amex) card is eligible .. did I hear the word dilution ..
Old Feb 12, 2003, 11:40 am

Family Trip to UK

I just booked BA from Phila to London for $300 pp over Thanksgiving but haven't figured out what to do once we get there. We are a family of 6, our four children being 10,8,6, and 4. The family has never been to London.

I have enough points for 2 GLON's. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether I should book a hotel in or out of London and if we stay in London which hotel I should choose. As of today, in London, awards are availble for the Kensington Hilton, Dockland Hilton and Croyden Hilton. I am concerned that 6 days in London may be too much for the kids and that we may be better off in the countryside. Any suggestions for a Hilton outside London.

All comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Steve
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:21 pm
Original Member

I'm guessing you are planning to have two rooms at the same time for the six days, and therefore London is as good a choice as any. I'm sure you will find enough in London for all to do, even for six days. There are also plenty of places you can get to outside of london without too much trouble. You could even take the Eurotunnel to Paris for a day trip!

Not sure about your choice of hotel, however I'm guessing that you don't have enough points for the GLONP. Kensington would be my choice out of the three listed.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:32 pm

In terms of location, your order of preference based on ease of getting around / proximity to stuff to do / actually being in London should be:

(1) Kensington
(2) Docklands
(3) Croydon

and there's a big gap between 2 & 3...
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:42 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Wingnut:
In terms of location, your order of preference based on ease of getting around / proximity to stuff to do / actually being in London should be:

(1) Kensington
(2) Docklands
(3) Croydon

and there's a big gap between 2 & 3...
</font>
You can fill the gap with Paddington and Trafalgar, which more than fit the bill for easy of getting around.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 12:54 pm

Avoid the Hilton Langham.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/006504.html
Old Feb 12, 2003, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Windjammer:
Any suggestions for a Hilton outside London.</font>
Not sure what the Hilton options are, but the Slough-Windsor area is close to Legoland which could be a big hit with your kids.

Generally we found the rooms at Hiltons in the UK to be too small for a family (with exceptions such as the Metropole), and wound up booking with Marriott for both paid and award stays. Their rooms are often larger. I couldn't find it right now, but you could search for a post by littleleaguemom on a large family room she found at a London Hilton. Have a great trip - my 11 year-old loved it and can't wait to go back.
Old Feb 12, 2003, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Not outside London, but below was originally posted by me on 7/25/01 in another thread. You can get out of town via close-by Paddington Station.
I am sitting at this very moment in my room at the London Metropole with my wife and eight year-old twins. I've been here 11 nights, the last three with my family.
Overall experience has been good. Service is uneven and impersonal in 1,000 plus room hotel. Location isn't greatest but the two Edgeware tube stations are 50 yards away. The rooms in the new West Wing (the only rooms one should stay in) are some of the quietest I have ever been in. When the family got here, I moved to a Family Club Room, which has two queen size beds and a queen pull-out couch. I estimate the room is 15 feet wide by 40 feet long(no kidding). I'm paying 121 pounds including the best, fullest English breakfast buffet I've ever seen (it should be at 17 pounds). I'm a Gold (who isn't these days) but don't know if that made a difference when I switched.

All in all, been very satisfied. The Executive Lounge, however, is on its 11 consecutive day of serving seafood and chicken canapes, which my wife noticed I now start to resemble.

Old Feb 14, 2003, 3:00 pm

I too picked up cheap tix to London for over Thanksgiving with my wife, 2 kids (14 and 12) and parents, and found the above info very helpful as this will be first ever trip to Europe. I probably erred by choosing Gatwick instead of Heathrow which is easier to get to and from.

I checked rates at a number of Hilton properties in and around London, all of which seem high for what I thought was off-season. What are the chances that rates will drop to more reasonable levels as the travel dates draw nearer?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 9:16 pm

need help finding Southern UK Hilton

We're going to the UK in late March & plan to stay in Cornwall for 3 days. I don't think there are any Hilton's in Cornwall, so I'm looking for one fairly close to the region where we might be able to book an award stay for at least one of the nights we are in the area. Any ideas? I've found Brighton, Southampton, Bournemouth - but don't know which would be best; or if there might be others I've overlooked. Thanks in advance, Lynne

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.