Wiki Posts
Search

London Hilton on Park Lane {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
I got chatting to a guy in the Executive lounge at Hilton Bankside in March 2018, he claimed he was good friends with the head CEO of a cluster of Hilton’s in London and Hilton park lane will be wound down and removed from the chain within three years .
Apparently Bankside will become the new flagship Hilton in London .
At the time I didn’t take too much notice but looks like it could be true....... shame I actually like the park lane Hilton.

Would make sense to get rid of it. A massive old building like that must cost a fortune to run. A doubt bankside will become the flagship. More likely to be the new Waldorf Astoria Admiralty Arch. Hate to think how much the rates will be
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106
Would make sense to get rid of it. A massive old building like that must cost a fortune to run. A doubt bankside will become the flagship. More likely to be the new Waldorf Astoria Admiralty Arch. Hate to think how much the rates will be
Exactly...... I thought the same, whilst Bankside is nice it’s not in the “ grand “ category.
The new Astoria should be nice and yes it will be crazy expensive, I will try it though just to tick the box and of course review it for you guys.
hugolover and MoodyB like this.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by catcher1
I stay at the Park Lane Hilton often. There are very nice high floor rooms facing Hyde Park and the Buckingham Palace gardens, available as an upgrade if you have status. The hotel has a good gym. People watching in the lobby can be fun. Executive Lounge is on the second floor, facing the street and Hyde Park. Yes, it's expensive, but the location is excellent.

+1. I have "commuted" to my suburban office to stay at the PL (bus to Paddington, rail to Hayes & Harlington, Uber, well under an hour door to door), and would do so again.
hugolover, wizla and MoodyB like this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Rooms going here for 135 GBP per night until the end of August.
Never seen prices this low.
Leonvomp likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Rooms going here for 135 GBP per night until the end of August.
Never seen prices this low.
All Hilton’s are struggling big time, I’m in Hilton Canary Wharf in a couple of weeks and it’s £89 for a Monday night !, it’s usually £260.
Doubletree Greenwich Was only £59....crazy cheap prices.
I was supposed to go to Nottingham last week although it never actually happened I noticed Hilton Nottingham was £42 a night!....... I’ve never seen prices like that for many years .
It was announced on tv this morning that the UK is now officially in recession.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
We (parents plus two adult children) had a lovely stay this weekend at this hotel, which was (alarmingly) quiet. Very helpful staff - got room upgrades as a Gold (from a standard reward booking, which was a long saga from a cancelled stay earlier so it was a 'free night voucher'). Big bonus was it was to the Exec floor so high up with lovely views. The Exec lounge on floor 1 was closed so they used the main restaurant as the exec lounge.

Breakfast in covid times was fair - the cooked breakfast was excellent but unsurprisingly the continental was a little lack-lustre but the restaurant felt a little dingy/dark and I was surprised that in better times the place is a 2 AA rosette restaurant.

But what made it was how friendly everyone was, maybe purely because it was so quiet.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
We (parents plus two adult children) had a lovely stay this weekend at this hotel, which was (alarmingly) quiet. Very helpful staff - got room upgrades as a Gold (from a standard reward booking, which was a long saga from a cancelled stay earlier so it was a 'free night voucher'). Big bonus was it was to the Exec floor so high up with lovely views. The Exec lounge on floor 1 was closed so they used the main restaurant as the exec lounge.

Breakfast in covid times was fair - the cooked breakfast was excellent but unsurprisingly the continental was a little lack-lustre but the restaurant felt a little dingy/dark and I was surprised that in better times the place is a 2 AA rosette restaurant.

But what made it was how friendly everyone was, maybe purely because it was so quiet.
What were the offerings in the club lounge during afternoon tea and for evening drinks? Thinking of booking here when its so cheap but no point if there is no real lounge benefit
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
It was drinks and nibbles from IIRC 18.00 to 20.00. gin and tonic, whisky and coke, beer wine etc. Usual standards! The only downside is that the lounge area itself isn’t that great; clean for sure but think more cafe than lounge.
Obviously it depends on your other options, butI would choose it again. Great location and views.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Also stayed here recently.

During my stay breakfast was served in the room (no extra charge) and choices had to be made the night before. I actually enjoyed eating my breakfast on the 20th floor with the amazing views over London and Hyde Park. However, they may have changed this now, and are back to serving breakfast in the ground floor restaurant. You can always have breakfast in the room if you pay extra, and they will bring a large round table (on wheels) to your room. Quality of breakfast food itself is nothing special.

The ground floor restaurant (where breakfast always used to be served in the pre virus era) is now the lounge after breakfast is over. It's open most of the day until 9pm or 10pm. (Can't remember exact closing time) and you can get coffee and soft drinks. Alcoholic drinks and "snacks" are served between 5:30pm and 8:30pm The "snacks" are nothing more than some cheese pieces, some salami, olives, popcorn and hard mini pretzels. If you have been to the 1st floor lounge in the pre virus era, you will be very disappointed. However, rates are very low are a the moment (around 135 GBP per night) so can't complain too much. For a hotel on Park Lane with these amazing views that is extremely low. The normal rates at this hotel are usually around 300 GBP per night, and the 4 seasons hotel just down the road is still charging 550GBP per night even with London totaly empty as it is right now

Other things to consider:

"Galvin at Windows" restaurant on the top floor of the hotel is open. (They had 1 Michelin star from 2007 to 2019, but lost the star in 2020). They are runing a 4 course meal for 45 GBP deal if you book via the opentable website for a meal before 7pm or after 8:45pm. Link here:
https://www.opentable.co.uk/galvin-at-windows

(Try to get a table near a window for great views)

"Trader Vics" Hawaiian/Tiki style bar and restaurant in the basement is closed.
You can check their website if they ever decide to re-open
https://tradervicslondon.com/

"Hyde Park corner" tube (metro) station near the hotel is fully closed in the evenings after 7pm and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Supposedly will return to being open every day from the 6th September 2020. Take this into consideration when planning your movements. More info here:
https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/st...s-and-closures

Bottom line:
If you want really great views over London and a chance to stay at one of the most expensive streets in London, then go to the Hilton Park Lane.

If you want a more modern and stylish hotel and much better tasting food, (but awful views and a ho-hum location) go to Hilton Bankside.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Aug 25, 2020 at 5:47 am
Old Aug 25, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
(but awful views and a ho-hum location) go to Hilton Bankside.
+1,000. I stayed there once when i needed to be in the London Bridge area for business. Wouldn't stay there again unless circumstances were the same, and would not recommend it to tourists.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
+1,000. I stayed there once when i needed to be in the London Bridge area for business. Wouldn't stay there again unless circumstances were the same, and would not recommend it to tourists.
I think i prefer Hilton tower bridge to Bankside marginally ......the lounge terrace on a summer evening takes some beating.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:44 am

Snagged a £177 rate tonight

Preupgraded to Exec room on 25th apparently if Mayfair Suites are available they try to upgrade Diamonds - unfortunately all sold out for a few days . Offered a £350 Park Lane Suite which with my rate (!)

Room has water, larger toiletries and good selection of teas

Exec Lounge is closed currently complimentary soft drinks coffees teas during the day in restaurant on ground floor

Evening canapés and drinks from 6-8pm very good selection of wines , beers and premium spirits
Six canapés on offer , two hot and rather good (I’m veggie ) Service is impressive and other nibbles offered

Breakfast is complimentary for Diamonds and hope it’s as good as the evening offerings !
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn't the hotel very tired? It seems like decades since any money was spent on it
Old Jun 24, 2021, 4:16 am

Breakfast booked for 8am

Half of the restaurant used for service and this was about half full

Good choice of cooked items had the vegetarian breakfast which was plentiful, arrived quickly and good

Service was very efficient good coffee , orange juice served in small plastic bottle and plenty of toast (and the ‘posh’ butter the Conrad used to have ! )

Given some pastries to take away and spotted the strawberries on another table they looked delicious

A turn down service was provided and the bed extremely comfortable

Shower (rain and hand held ) very good plenty of large size toiletries and spotted biscuits on the hospitality tray

Overall impressive service from staff (just a blip at check in )

Some floors do require some investment reception looks dated (and dark ) Think they refurbished eating areas and still love the lifts (key in your floor number and takes you direct to your floor !

Will look out for good rates - Conrad Sunday to celebrate his birthday 🥳
Old Jun 24, 2021, 12:43 pm

Sounds like a good exec lounge replacement offering if the drinks and canapés in the restaurant are not limited between the hours of 6-8pm?
wizla likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.