Any Benefits for Booking Online??

Old Jan 25, 05, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Any Benefits for Booking Online??

I have a half dozen bookings that I need to make. I have been holding off hoping for added benefits to booking online or with a particular credit card or some other promotion. Does anyone know of a current promo I am missing? Does anyone know of a forthcoming promo (like how someone determined the upcoming promos for DL Amex) that would make it worthwhile to hold off on booking?

thanks,
marc
Old Jan 25, 05, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titan, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
I don't know about any upcoming promos, but I am noticing that some properties that I frequent are raising their rates this year, some significantly so. I waited too long to make a couple of bookings and now I'm paying more as a result.

Guess I'm trying to say that you might want to go ahead and book under the theory that you can re-book if a promo pops up. I'm reading that with the dollar at its current level hotels are expecting to make some hay this year -- domestic travelers not going abroad as much and foreigners coming here more because it's cheap for them.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jan 25, 05 at 7:14 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 25, 05, 7:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Go ahead and book. Check out HHonors website to see if there are any specials (low rate, free upgrade, bonus points etc). If there isnt much difference between refundable and non-refundable rate then choose refundable - so if a deal comes along later you can take it and cancel earlier booking.

Search this Thread