Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Looking for best HH property Al/Ga

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for best HH property Al/Ga

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Question Looking for best HH property Al/Ga

I promised my daughter & son-in-law an anniversary weekend in April. They do not want to travel too far from Anniston, AL (not enough time and a not-too-reliable vehicle). I have loads of HH points so what is the best property (both the facility and surrounding area) within 100 miles or so? That would encompass Atlanta to the east, Birmingham to the west, Chattanooga to the north and Montgomery to the south. There are a couple Cat 4 ES in Atlanta - is that the best they can do or are there some surprisingly good cat 3's out there? Doesn't have to be in the big city if it's a scenic and interesting rural location - but that pretty much means a HI doesn't it. Your suggestions are appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:19 pm

Programs: US *Alliance Gold, PC Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Gold, Avis Preferred Select
I haven't stayed in either, but I hear that the ES in Buckhead - Atlanta and Centennial Park are both very nice. I believe centennial park is fairly new and Buckhead was just renovated.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
The Hilton Atlanta is only 1/2 mile from Underground Atlanta.

Full service hotel and only a category 3....
Old Jan 18, 2005, 5:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
I recently took my family to Guntersville, there is a very nice and new Hampton Inn there.... it has great views of Lake Guntersville.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 7:37 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Hilton Diamond, HI Platinum, Delta Platinum
I have has some very nice stays at the Embassy in Birmingham and with the Ruth Chris inside the hotel it makes it even nicer.

It has been a year or so since I visited that Embassy, hopefully nothing has changed for the worse.

BTW, I grew up in Oxford.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 4:29 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Guntersville

I second the Guntersville location. What a beautiful area. A really nice place just to get away and enjoy the beauty of a wonderful site. Everytime I stay there, I think this could be a future retirement location for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.