Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can you check in / check out for more Double Dip Airline Miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum

Hi,

I stayed at a Hilton last night, planned on flying out today - but got extended to work over the weekend. My question is - if i book another reservation tonight - will I get the miles/credits (i.e. 0.5 Southwest credit) as if it were another stay? Or is the system smart enough to know that last night and this weekend are back-to-back and will be the same stay?

The reason I ask, is so that I can stay at the Marriott or something and come back to the Hilton later on Sunday... the reason is I want the extra 0.5 Southwest credit as well as stay credit (16 stays to get Gold).

I figure if I get the extra Southwest half credit and the stay credit (closer to 16), I'd be a happy camper. But knowing how Marriott processes their stays, back to back stay is just one stay - just wanted to see if any of you had any experience in this matter.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum;HH Diamond; PC Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Generally any number of consecutive nights at the same property constitutes a single stay regardless of whether one checks out and back in. So you would need one night at another property before checking back in to get a separate stay.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
But knowing how Marriott processes their stays, back to back stay is just one stay - just wanted to see if any of you had any experience in this matter.
Hilton does things the same way as Marriott with regard to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.