Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites by Hilton Auburn Hills {US-MI} (formerly Hilton Suites)

Embassy Suites by Hilton Auburn Hills {US-MI} (formerly Hilton Suites)

Old Dec 31, 04, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Arrow Embassy Suites by Hilton Auburn Hills {US-MI} (formerly Hilton Suites)

Thought I'd post a short report on the Hilton Suites in Auburn Hills, MI. It is a very nice property. The suites are set up nice - very large bathroom that can be accessed by both the bedroom and the living area. As diamond we were given coupons for breakfast entree's at the restaurant, and robes and slippers. Also water in the mini frig. The hotel has a beautiful 5 story atrium, billiards room, and a cozy room with a fireplace and big screen TV to relax. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.
Old Jan 1, 05, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat 1MM
Agree with your good review. We often used this hotel as a "Park & Train" base for extended Amtrak trips. They offered free shuttle to the station in Pontiac and we were always satisfied with the stay experience.
Old Feb 1, 05, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just stayed there last night. This is one first class hotel. Got a suite (but they're all suites in this hotel!), two tv's, two phones, turn down service, nice note waiting for me (I'm a Diamond), very nice atrium restaurant/bar, indoor pool, exercise room, etc.

Breakfast was very filling -- you could use the buffet set out (scrambled (real) eggs, bacon, sausage, potato thingies, cereal, juice, coffee, pastries, and on and on) or order from the menu (I noticed the chef behind the wall, and the waitresses were scurrying back and forth with orders). Again, as a Diamond, it's all complementary.

I was able to score a pretty good rate, so as of now my plans are to get my stays in (to maintain status) right here. See you there!
Old Jun 7, 05, 8:09 am
Suspended

Just wanted to add my own review of this very nice property. I stayed there last Thursday night on business. The hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood of hotels and is the closest property to the DaimlerChrysler HQ. This explains the many people I heard speaking in German at the hotel!

Plenty of parking in a large lot. Checkin was easy since I was the only one there. As Gold, received coupon for free breakfast buffet or American style breakfast. I thought I had signed up for Zip Checkin but this apparently didnít happen. She spent about 5 minutes with the various computers doing who knows what with my reservation.

The inside of the hotel is in the courtyard style Ė all rooms face the center which is where the restaurant and bar are. This did not create any undue noise at all, however, the scent of cigar smoke did rise up (I was on the top floor Ė 5) but not into the rooms.

I had a nice afternoon to use the pool and whirlpool and sun myself on a beautiful day. The pool is indoors and decent sized, and the whirlpool is pleasantly extra-hot. However, the door between the pool area and the outside deck for sunning does not allow key re-entry! So, prop the door open (as I did) if you want to go back and forth, or be prepared to walk back to the side of the hotel to get back in. I was the only one in the pool, but this isnít a family type hotel and even at later hours it didnít appear overrun with children. There is no locker room in the pool area.

Ditto on the suite configuration. Mine included a large mini-fridge, microwave, wet bar and an excercycle in the living oom. I was very pleased with my room, especially since I could partially open the window to get fresh air on this great day. Slept like a baby in my king sized bed with extra pillows. New clocks (iPod friendly) in their rooms.

I had literally 5 minutes to enjoy breakfast the next morning, so I grabbed some stuff and ran. They were very accommodating about this. Standard buffet, tasty food.

Would love to stay here again. I had a very relaxing stay! Unfortunately, there is not much to do in the area. Best bet for shopping is to drive down to Big Beaver Rd. which is a ways away but has Somerset and lots of restaurants.
Old Jun 7, 05, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Never stayed there, but I bet with the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals (they play in Auburn Hills), the place should be jumping during home games.
Old Jun 8, 05, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Just north of the hotel is a Big Buck Brewery/Steakhouse - pretty good food.

GO PISTONS!
Old Jun 8, 05, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver HH Lifetime Diamond, Marr Plat Hyatt Plat, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by elliscm
Best bet for shopping is to drive down to Big Beaver Rd. which is a ways away but has Somerset and lots of restaurants.
Just North on I-75 is Great Lakes Mall, similar in style to the Mills style outlet malls (Gurnee Mills, Arundel Mills, etc), which has a number of restaraunts popping up around it.

Also for Restaraunts besides Big Buck Brewery, on the NW corner of Opdyke and Feathersone (across from the Silverdome) is Lelli's which has great Italian.

Also go N on Opdyke take University E, go over I-75 and head to BD's Mongolian BBQ, a homegrown Michigan treat (now franchised in other cities) a great place!

ontherun
in Memphis this week
Old Dec 17, 08, 8:22 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Anyone been to the Hilton Suites Auburn Hills lately?

I'll be in Auburn Hills for work on 12/27-1/1 and will have a friend with me. They'll probably be in the room working most of the day while I'm at work, so the Hilton Suites sounds good to me (a fridge/microwave are always a bonus when I'll be somewhere for a few days, which rules out the AH Hampton). However, the Homewood Troy or Embassy Troy are also options. Does anyone have any recent reviews on the AH Hilton Suites or thoughts on that one vs the Troy locations? The last one I could find was 3 years ago and I know a lot can change in that time frame.

PS: My last time I stayed in AH, I used the Hilton Troy because they had a $25 gift card... I'd much prefer not to go back to that location again.

Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 17, 08, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I stay at the Hilton Suites whenever I'm in the Rochester Hills area. Very nice hotel. Better than the Hilton Troy. Embassy is also pretty good, just stay away during weekends or school holidays. It gets loaded up with kids and sports groups. So for the week you will be there I'd take the Hilton Suites over Embassy.
Old Dec 18, 08, 5:55 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.5 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
The Hilton Suites is nice. Rooms have good amount of space and they are fairly quiet if you get a room down a hallwall away from the center attrium.

Much better hotel than the Hampton Auburn Hills.
Old Dec 18, 08, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
overall it is a nice hotel wiht large rooms. There is not a lot near by,you are looking at a 5 - 10 minute drive.
Old Dec 18, 08, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
overall it is a nice hotel with large rooms. There is not a lot near by,you are looking at a 5 - 10 minute drive.
Old Jan 2, 09, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Thought I'd post a few things about this hotel after our stay, in case anyone thinking of staying there.

I absolutely loved this place! I'm going back to AH next week by myself and it's worth the $30/night over the Hampton down the road. A few things that I liked about the hotel:
-Free breakfast & Wifi as a diamond member (even though my profile states 1,000 bonus points, I still got both of these)
-Very nice hotel, overall. The atrium was in great shape and nice to sit and have a conversation.
-Free laundry facilities. They have a Whirlpool washer & dryer on the 5th floor that are in great shape. However, they don't sell detergent/softener in the hotel, so you'll need to get your own off-site.
-Front desk staff was great. Tyronne (sp?) was very good when I needed anything. He even got us a checkout of 4pm on our last day so I could shower after work.
-Free pool table by the bar (however, the room is a bit smokey... it is Michigan).
-Good workout facilities.

The only drawbacks were:
-The bar area was closed before 10 each night. I understand that it was a holiday week, but the bar was advertised as open until midnight. Nowhere did they say that it was closing early.
-No drug stores or super stores nearby. There are plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes (steak houses, italian, fast food, etc), but no Walgreens, CVS, Meijer, Walmart anywhere close. If you need anything, you'll have to get it from a gas station or go for a hike! There used to be a Wal Mart on the other side of 59 from the hotel (that's still listed in some GPSs and yellow pages, but it's gone, along with the Arby's that used to be across the street from the hotel.
Old Jan 2, 09, 2:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AB PLAT, BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, SPG Lifetime Platinum, IHG RA, Hyatt Globalist
This is the one close to DC. ain't it? If so, great place!! (However, far away from everyting except DC (or however they are called today)
Old Jan 2, 09, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hilton-DIA, IHG-Plat Amb, Hyatt-DIA, SPG-Plat & 3 star, Marriott-Gold, Nat'l-Exec, NWA-Sil
Nice to hear your report - never stayed there - only @ the ES or Hilton in Troy - closer to all the needs you mention, but always wondered how trhis location was doing. It's also around the corner from the HI (might be a Crown Plaza now) and a newer HY Place?

Slowly dying area w/ the Silverdome gone.....

Search this Thread