Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites by Hilton Auburn Hills {US-MI} (formerly Hilton Suites)

Embassy Suites by Hilton Auburn Hills {US-MI} (formerly Hilton Suites)

Old Jan 2, 09, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I usually use room service, but I seem to recall a BK or something like that just up Opdyke from the gas station, and a supermarket and a few other things further up the road, almost at University Dr. Maybe I'm remembering another location...
Old Jan 2, 09, 5:43 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer View Post
This is the one close to DC. ain't it? If so, great place!! (However, far away from everyting except DC (or however they are called today)
At first, I thought you were talking about Washington, DC.... oops. But, yeah, it's right across the interstate from Daimler. Out our window, we could see the big Chrysler logo.

Originally Posted by JAKMICH View Post
Nice to hear your report - never stayed there - only @ the ES or Hilton in Troy - closer to all the needs you mention, but always wondered how trhis location was doing. It's also around the corner from the HI (might be a Crown Plaza now) and a newer HY Place?

Slowly dying area w/ the Silverdome gone.....
I've stayed at the Hilton in Troy and was very disappointed. It seemed old and outdated, with dark/dingy rooms, etc. I haven't been there much before November, but there is a Crown Plaze just up Opdyke, so I'm sure that's the one you're mentioning. I think I also saw a HY Place just up on Opdyke.

It's definitely a dying area... along with everywhere else in the greater Detroit area.

Originally Posted by flyinbob View Post
I usually use room service, but I seem to recall a BK or something like that just up Opdyke from the gas station, and a supermarket and a few other things further up the road, almost at University Dr. Maybe I'm remembering another location...

Yup, as you're heading N on Opdyke, there's a BK on the right. The guys from work said, "Wow, BK looks nice now that they painted it" so that must have been recent. There was a gas station at the intersection of Opdyke & Featherstone, but no grocery stores anywhere. There were some empty buildings, so that could be what you're referring to.

Also, Big Bucks Brewery & Steakhouse has closed. There were some good reviews online, so we tried to go, but they're gone, even though their sign still sits on Opdyke. We went to Mountain Jacks instead for lunch and they were quite nice.
Old Jan 27, 09, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm there right now. Got a nice room on the 2nd floor.

I love the fact that all rooms are suites. 2 tv's, including a flat screen (I think it's HD) in the bedroom.

I used to come here a couple of years ago, and I was surprised my old rate was still available, so I jumped on it.

This place is really the bomb! Very classy feeling, friendly bartender, nice staff, and I'm looking forward to the morning breakfast.

It's way above what you'll find at the typical Hampton and frankly my rate is about 12 bucks cheaper than the Hampton I was staying at. A real no-brainer.

I'll be doing my 28 stays to Diamond right here.
Old Jan 27, 09, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BigLar View Post

It's way above what you'll find at the typical Hampton and frankly my rate is about 12 bucks cheaper than the Hampton I was staying at. A real no-brainer.

I'll be doing my 28 stays to Diamond right here.
I'm jealous... I wish I could do a Diamond's worth of stays here... unfortunately I don't go to Auburn Hills often. The once I was there this winter, the standard rate was $10 cheaper than the Hampton. You'd be silly not to stay at the Hilton. I hadn't been to Auburn Hills before last year, but from what my boss said, it used to be much more expensive prior to ~2007, but the local economy going down has killed the hotel rates there.
Old Jan 28, 09, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

I had forgotten how nice this place is:

1. Every room is a suite. A real suite, not a 'junior' suite. Separate bedroom (comfy king bed with 5 pillows), separate living room (sofa, easy chair, coffee table, a couple of occasional tables, real desk, wet bar, fridge, nuker, coffee maker), separate bath/shower/sink,toilet areas, fluffy bathrobe, 2 tvs - the one in the bedroom was a flat screen. And, of course, the Hilton alarm clock.

2. The breakfast is to die for. It's the best brekkies I've had since our trip to Europe last Fall. Buffet - scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, sausages, spicy home fries, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, fruit, lots of pastries including bagels, filled pastries, and croissants. Plus cold cuts, sliced cheese, etc for a sandwich (take back to room? for a picnic?). Lots of good coffee, fresh OJ, and you sit at a table with real linen, real silverware, and waitresses. Not good enough? Eggs to order can be had, too. Very nice.

Oh yeah - cookies/coffee/milk at night from 9-11.

Don't get me started on the bar, indoor pool, pool table, etc.

Oh yeah -- I'm gonna be back.
Old Aug 31, 09, 10:34 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, SPG Platinum
Hilton Suites Auburn Hills

I am starting a new gig in Aurburn Hills. Any advice on this hotel or others in the area would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 31, 09, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by smcmona View Post
I am starting a new gig in Aurburn Hills. Any advice on this hotel or others in the area would be greatly appreciated.
The price is usually great - can get a king suite for $79-89 most anytime. The rooms are a little run down, and there is not much in the immediate area, other than the old Pontiac Silverdome.

But the restaurant there has been good - only done breakfasts there. It has always been quite as well, not very full.
Old Sep 1, 09, 7:52 am

Programs: NW Silver, HH Gold
I haven't stayed at the Hilton Suites, but I was at the Hampton Inn Auburn Hills Saturday night and was quite impressed. Newer building, very sophisticated looking lobby with circular staircase, and I liked the setup of the rooms. Also flat screen TVs with around 60 channels - 18 of those in HD! It is also extremely easy to get on and off I-75 from the hotel location.
Old Sep 1, 09, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
[QUOTE=smcmona;12307895]I am starting a new gig in Aurburn Hills. Any advice on this hotel or others in the area would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE Overall the hotel is decent. The Gym is rather small, but the rooms are good size. There is not a lot near by so you will have to drive about ten minutes to the mall area for dinner.
Old Sep 4, 10, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors
Bump for any recent stays? Anything to watch out for?
Old May 26, 11, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Bluefan75 View Post
Bump for any recent stays? Anything to watch out for?

Hi, Bluefan75!

You should come check out our re-invented property! We just fully renovated all of our guest suites and public spaces, and added a Hilton Executive Lounge for our valued Gold / Diamond members!

We hope to see you soon!

Colin Walsh
General Manager
Hilton Suites Auburn Hills
Old Jan 15, 15, 3:24 pm

Any recent stays? Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 15, 11:00 am

I just finished a stay at this hotel. The rooms are all suites. The 5th floor is designated as the executive floor, the 4th floor is the HHonors floor. The front desk told me that essentially all the rooms are the same though, either 1 king or 2 double beds being the only practical distinction. We arrived late so no upgrade to the executive floor was offered as they were fully booked.

I found the suite arrangement to be nice with doors to the bathroom from both the bedroom and living room. The room had a power outlet on both night stands as well as the desk so there was no need for extension cords. The bedroom window opened which was nice since I could turn the air conditioning off and just let the breeze cool the room that way. The in-room coffee and tea were drinkable. Water pressure in the showers was decent but it took a long time to warm the shower up on the 4th floor.

The fitness center is small but overlooks the pool so at least you have something besides a wall to stare at. The pool goes from 3-5 feet so it's very family friendly. The executive lounge was a bit disappointing in that it was located in the interior of the hotel and so lacked windows. Full breakfast was offered as a diamond and included eggs, bacon, sausage and waffles. There was some cereal and other cold offerings as well. Tip was not included and was added to my room bill at check-out. They offered only drip brew coffee, no espresso drinks but did have mild or juice available as well.

You will definitely need a car to get around but the downtown Auburn Hills area is just a few miles down the road and you can get anything you really need from the 24 hour Meijer which is just a few miles away.
Old Aug 31, 15, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Lurker1999 View Post
I just finished a stay at this hotel. The rooms are all suites. The 5th floor is designated as the executive floor, the 4th floor is the HHonors floor. The front desk told me that essentially all the rooms are the same though, either 1 king or 2 double beds being the only practical distinction. We arrived late so no upgrade to the executive floor was offered as they were fully booked.

I found the suite arrangement to be nice with doors to the bathroom from both the bedroom and living room. The room had a power outlet on both night stands as well as the desk so there was no need for extension cords. The bedroom window opened which was nice since I could turn the air conditioning off and just let the breeze cool the room that way. The in-room coffee and tea were drinkable. Water pressure in the showers was decent but it took a long time to warm the shower up on the 4th floor.

The fitness center is small but overlooks the pool so at least you have something besides a wall to stare at. The pool goes from 3-5 feet so it's very family friendly. The executive lounge was a bit disappointing in that it was located in the interior of the hotel and so lacked windows. Full breakfast was offered as a diamond and included eggs, bacon, sausage and waffles. There was some cereal and other cold offerings as well. Tip was not included and was added to my room bill at check-out. They offered only drip brew coffee, no espresso drinks but did have mild or juice available as well.

You will definitely need a car to get around but the downtown Auburn Hills area is just a few miles down the road and you can get anything you really need from the 24 hour Meijer which is just a few miles away.
I had forgotten that I asked.

We had a pleasant stay back in January. I don't remember using the Executive lounge. Breakfast was full as you described. Rooms were nicely laid out. Had a great view of the Chrysler HQ.

We are going again in December.
Old Jul 7, 19, 6:16 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, HH Diamond, Aeroplan Diamond
Perhaps one of the Mods can change the title of this thread to reflect the fact it is no longer a Hilton and is now an Embassy Suites:

https://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...UES/index.html

I have stayed here a couple of times and have always wondered if it was originally built as an Embassy Suites, given the huge atrium, all suites with two rooms, etc.

Search this Thread