New to Honors

Old Dec 18, 04, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: *wood plt,mrt plt, aa ex plt
New to Honors

I have been directed to A city with a Hampton Inn, I am PLT with Starwood and Marriott, does Hilton Match. Any Special rooms/rates to ask for?
Is there a good link for all Hilton info?
Old Dec 18, 04, 11:44 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by rockdocs
I have been directed to A city with a Hampton Inn, I am PLT with Starwood and Marriott, does Hilton Match. Any Special rooms/rates to ask for?
Is there a good link for all Hilton info?
Most Hampton Inn rooms are the same. A non-smoking room is a must for me, that trumps anything else at a Hampton Inn. Ask for the AAA rate if you're a member. Look on www.hilton.com for more info.
Old Dec 18, 04, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Mar Gld, SPG Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes, Hilton matches status. However, they do it only once and I would not use my one status match option unless I was going to stay in Hiltons on a regular basis. Certainly, getting Diamond - the Hilton equiv of Platinum - is not worth pursuing if you are only staying in a Hampton. As the previous poster says, most rooms are the same and few if any suites are available.

I would work my magic upon check-in. Get a room with a King bed. Do not let them pawn off a double bed room on you. The King has a sofa and bigger desk. The double is just two beds and sometimes a round table with no desk.
Old Dec 19, 04, 10:47 am

Hampton with status

If it makes any difference, Hampton doesn't offer Gold or Diamond anything in the way of upgrades. You get a bottle of water and some Oreos. But I will say that my Hilton loyalty has paid off and I am also Gold with Starwood and and more loyal to Hilton; Gold for 4 years and enjoying the perks.
Old Dec 19, 04, 7:28 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
If it makes any difference, Hampton doesn't offer Gold or Diamond anything in the way of upgrades.
Actually, you will get suites at HI from time to time.
Old Dec 20, 04, 6:33 am

H.i.s.

Yes, I get upgraded to suites at Hampton Inn and Suites, but IP was referring to HI, not HIS.
Old Dec 20, 04, 8:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond,*wood Platinum,Hertz 5*,blah,blah,etc....
Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
Yes, I get upgraded to suites at Hampton Inn and Suites, but IP was referring to HI, not HIS.
There are many plain old Hampton Inns that have suites available. You just have to ask. I've been pleasantly surprised several times.

Search this Thread