Wiki Posts
Search

Am I Diamond or not?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2004, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: D/FW- AA Plt Hilton Diamond NWA Silver Marriott Gold
Am I Diamond or not?

Stayed my 62nd night last week. Posted to HH site today, but it still lists me as Gold?

Any idea on how long to take to post the change?
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:17 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
This seems to be a problem recently. Happened to me two weeks ago or so. You can read about it here or read a very similar thread almost the same time as yours here
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Location: D/FW- AA Plt Hilton Diamond NWA Silver Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
This seems to be a problem recently. Happened to me two weeks ago or so. You can read about it here or read a very similar thread almost the same time as yours here

Thanks, sent an email, we'll see if it helps
Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:28 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by cowtowner
Stayed my 62nd night last week.
Any awards stays this year? Subtract your award nights from what the HHonors total shows. Still above 60?

Although the HHonors terms say you don't get nights credit for award stays, the online totals may still include nights for award stays. This doesn't necessarily mean that you got away with it...

Just an obervation/guess about what's going on...
Old Dec 16, 2004, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, HH Diamond
I get credit on Hilton award stays toward the 'stay' requirement - do you mean that the 'nights' requirement is different? (I've always requalified for Diamond via the 'stay' number as I have one/two night trips.) I've found that both Hyatt and Hilton credit award stays toward requalification; Marriott does not.

Originally Posted by pdhenry
Any awards stays this year? Subtract your award nights from what the HHonors total shows. Still above 60?

Although the HHonors terms say you don't get nights credit for award stays, the online totals may still include nights for award stays. This doesn't necessarily mean that you got away with it...

Just an obervation/guess about what's going on...
Old Dec 16, 2004, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by pamplemouse
I get credit on Hilton award stays toward the 'stay' requirement - do you mean that the 'nights' requirement is different?
On an award stay you are supposed to get credit toward the 'stay' requirement but no credit toward the 'nights' requirement. My observation is that sometimes (always?) your nights counter will increment due to an award stay. I've started wondering whether there are two sets of counters - the visible one that counts everything and the qualification counter that knows the difference between a paid night and an award night.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:08 am

We attained our 28th stay last Sat/Sun. The stay, and Diamond identification were on the HHonors site today (Wednesday)
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
I've got 38 nights worth of "nights" this year, of which 15 nights were award stays that posted for both stays and nights. I just got my Gold renewed until April 2006, probably because I passed the 36-night requirement. I was way short on stays.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Getting Diamond recognition

I had the same thing happen when I hit 100,000 base points a couple of weeks ago. Just call the Diamond Desk at 877-4HHW-VIP and they'll fix it for you in a few minutes.

Congrats.

Originally Posted by cowtowner
Stayed my 62nd night last week. Posted to HH site today, but it still lists me as Gold?

Any idea on how long to take to post the change?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:09 pm

I think it might be unwise to post the number on a public forum.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 4:37 pm

I think it might be unwise to post the number on a public forum.
It appears on the public HHonors member benefits page.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by pdhenry
Shows what I know. The Chairman's Preferred Desk number for US is zealously guarded.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Shows what I know. The Chairman's Preferred Desk number for US is zealously guarded.
Are you talking about US Airways?

(800) BNK-RUPT
Old Dec 24, 2004, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
I reached 61 nites, 6 of these award nites, stays abt 23 -- and Diamond kicked in (from Gold). Maybe I was lucky... or because the award stay had few $s for phone calls (that I also got points for them) ?
Old Dec 25, 2004, 10:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Did you reach 100,000 base points for the calendar year? That's how I made Diamond.

Originally Posted by IntFF
I reached 61 nites, 6 of these award nites, stays abt 23 -- and Diamond kicked in (from Gold). Maybe I was lucky... or because the award stay had few $s for phone calls (that I also got points for them) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.