Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by anabolism
Yes, but it is USD $85 each way. You can take a private car service ("remis") for about USD $35, or $28-$30 from Taxi Ezeiza but they take only cash, while the private car services accept credit cards. We used a private car ("remis") service called Tienda Lin which accepts credit cards. With these services, you make a reservation online or by phone (I had to do it by phone because the web form didn't let me select how many people or what date), then go their window in the arrivals hall at EZE, identify yourself, pay, and your driver appears and shows you to your car, helping with luggage. The price includes tolls and fees and driver tip. You could also just show up at their window without a reservation and likely they will have a car and driver and take you. There are also shuttle busses from companies such as that run by Tienda Lin. Then there's Uber, which estimates about half of what the private car services cost. I ended up not opting for Uber because of the FUD surrounding them (some people say they operate in Bueonos Aires, some say they have been shut down, others say they do operate but drivers will cancel once they realize you will pay by credit card as it must take Uber some time to pay the drivers. These people say Uber has an option, valid in Argentina, to pay in cash.
I've been to Buenos Aires quite a few times.

Uber worked well enough last week at EZE. OK, it's relative - I had to go over to Terminal C. I reckon it's a case of YMMV. But the driver I got was perfectly happy with the credit card reservation, and the drive - including tolls - was less than AEP700.

Taxi Ezeiza takes credit cards AEP1290. Cars can be shabby.

Booking and paying for Tienda Leone remise by credit card at the airport took only a couple of minutes. Drivers were waiting. New car, helpful driver: but it's pricey at almost AEP1600. Even these divers will try to avoid confrontation with regular taxi drivers by not dropping you off by the hotel doors.

The Tienda Leone bus (AEP400) is fine, but best if you are staying close to the terminal, and only if you are relaxed about time. The Hilton is easy walking distance if you are not encumbered by lots of luggage: so is the Hoiday Inn Express.
There's an onward transfer service from the terminal to other hotels, but there can be a considerable wait time. Taxis are available of course, and fares are very low within the city.

Back to the airport I took Uber. Kind of easy from the Hilton, but if you are staying in the centre you'll have to agree a designated pick-up spot just outside the centre (private cars need a permit to enter those streets).

On all journeys back to the airport, be aware that drivers might try to avoid tolls. This is particularly the case on fixed fare trips (eg Taxi Ezeiza), where "accidents on the toll road" are the excuse.

But really, the Hilton is a terrible disappointment. The big brands are badly represented in Buenos Aires. The Hilton's rooms are old, and getting decidedly shabby. Executive rooms are, of course, no different to regular rooms, just as shabby as the rest. And there'll be no fruit in your room, no coffee machine, no drinks in the mini-bar, no glasses for drinks and there'll be paper cups for making tea. It isn't in anyway the luxury hotel it self-promotes.

Of those big brands, the IC is about the best of a not very impressive bunch.
RafKa likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
The Park Hyatt is not too shabby.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Uber worked well enough last week at EZE. OK, it's relative - I had to go over to Terminal C. I reckon it's a case of YMMV. But the driver I got was perfectly happy with the credit card reservation, and the drive - including tolls - was less than AEP700.

Booking and paying for Tienda Leone remise by credit card at the airport took only a couple of minutes. Drivers were waiting. New car, helpful driver: but it's pricey at almost AEP1600. Even these divers will try to avoid confrontation with regular taxi drivers by not dropping you off by the hotel doors.

The Tienda Leone bus (AEP400) is fine, but best if you are staying close to the terminal, and only if you are relaxed about time. The Hilton is easy walking distance if you are not encumbered by lots of luggage: so is the Hoiday Inn Express.
There's an onward transfer service from the terminal to other hotels, but there can be a considerable wait time. Taxis are available of course, and fares are very low within the city.

Back to the airport I took Uber. Kind of easy from the Hilton, but if you are staying in the centre you'll have to agree a designated pick-up spot just outside the centre (private cars need a permit to enter those streets).

On all journeys back to the airport, be aware that drivers might try to avoid tolls. This is particularly the case on fixed fare trips (eg Taxi Ezeiza), where "accidents on the toll road" are the excuse.

But really, the Hilton is a terrible disappointment. The big brands are badly represented in Buenos Aires. The Hilton's rooms are old, and getting decidedly shabby. Executive rooms are, of course, no different to regular rooms, just as shabby as the rest. And there'll be no fruit in your room, no coffee machine, no drinks in the mini-bar, no glasses for drinks and there'll be paper cups for making tea. It isn't in anyway the luxury hotel it self-promotes.

How recent was your visit to the Hilton, I was there April 2018 and had a completely different impression. The Lounge was comfortable, seldom crowded and the food and drinks were plentiful and the service was excellent. I found nothing wrong with the room on the Executive level and, as a Lifetime Titanium Elite, I have seen my fair share of rooms. I would surprise me if the hotel deteriorated in such a short tome.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by danola

How recent was your visit to the Hilton, I was there April 2018 and had a completely different impression. The Lounge was comfortable, seldom crowded and the food and drinks were plentiful and the service was excellent. I found nothing wrong with the room on the Executive level and, as a Lifetime Titanium Elite, I have seen my fair share of rooms. I would surprise me if the hotel deteriorated in such a short tome.
Lifetime Hilton Titanium Elite? I dont think so...
Old Jun 16, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Lifetime Hilton Titanium Elite? I dont think so...
You missed the point, it was for the number of times Ive been in hotel rooms not that my status is with Hilton.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond

:@IAN-UK Thanks for your feedback; you does not sound very positive on this hotel. Any feedback about the breakfast? I'll be in Buenos Aires in September and choosing between the Hilton and the Curio
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MP001
:@IAN-UK Thanks for your feedback; you does not sound very positive on this hotel. Any feedback about the breakfast? I'll be in Buenos Aires in September and choosing between the Hilton and the Curio
The hotel is fine if you want the security of a known quantity even if it is low in either luxury or charm. In essence this is just like the run of the mill Hiltons you find in odd corners of the US. It would be totally eclipsed by DoubleTrees in many parts of the world.

Lounge breakfast is OK if you get access: nothing special - but i'm happy with coffee, cereal and some fruit. i tried once downstairs, but it was just so crowded i turned round and went back up to the lounge.

Be careful with the Curio. It looks cutsey on the corner of the square, but they tell me rooms are small and not well sound insulated. Plus the charm of having he weekend fair/maket outside your hotel might wear off quickly
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danola

I was here this week.

But let's just leave it as subjective judgements.

The place just doesn't cut it for me as even a near-luxury establishment. Paper cups, out dated bathrooms, grim furniture and brown as the signature colour in the room - just not for me.

The lounge is fine. Nothing special: cheap food and cheap wine, but helpful and friendly staff make up for a lot.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Jun 16, 2019 at 12:44 pm Reason: revised
Old Jun 16, 2019, 1:32 pm

Oh no. Getting nervous about my booking at the Curio for later this year due to the comments above. We are there Saturday through Tuesday.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

That is a shame, as that review is quite different to what I experienced greater than 14 years ago.

I cannot believe that much time passed since I posted about my experiences earlier in this discussion.

I also stayed at The Plaza hotel property when it was once a Marriott; and that was a good experience as well...
Old Jun 16, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MissJ
Oh no. Getting nervous about my booking at the Curio for later this year due to the comments above. We are there Saturday through Tuesday.
Note: I didn't stay there, I just picked up some friends who were guests. My comments reflected what they said about room size and noise. But I DO know you wont be able to get in and out by car while the fair/market is on - but that's probably not a bad thing And the market is loads of fun, IF you like that sort of thing! I don't but I know many do .....
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by catcher1
We used Uber several times a couple of weeks ago, including EZE-Hilton. For a pickup at Hilton, the bellman told us that Uber often avoids pickups at the hotel entrance and picks up on the adjacent street, because taxi drivers have power and don't appreciate the competition. Once, the Uber driver asked one of us to sit up front to disguise the service. But everything always worked out, and payment was by CC.
yes if traveling solo you do need to sit up front.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
The Park Hyatt is not too shabby.
would say The Park Hyatt is by far the best chain property in Buenos Aires
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:58 am

Note: I didn't stay there, I just picked up some friends who were guests. My comments reflected what they said about room size and noise. But I DO know you wont be able to get in and out by car while the fair/market is on - but that's probably not a bad thing And the market is loads of fun, IF you like that sort of thing! I don't but I know many do .....
Market sounds fun to me.

Okay, that's not bad. I was hoping it wasn't another one of those "reviews look great but prepare to be really disappointed" scenarios. I had one of those not too long ago and amounted to my worst hotel stay in quite a while. I left a calm, honest, review and it magically disappeared.

We booked one of the larger room categories.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MissJ
We REALLY enjoyed the Curio last year when we were there. Yes, the rooms are a bit small and it wasn't soundproof, but it also wasn't that loud. The property, especially if for a leisure trip, is well located in the San Telmo neighborhood, with great restaurants and places to drink nearby. It's definitely a bit easier to get to via taxi instead of public transit, but it's also not extremely far (6-8 blocks?) form the subway. The property was definitely unique and I'd recommend it.
MissJ likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.