Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}

Old Apr 3, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hilton Buenos Aires

I will be staying 5 nights on points next week, what can I expect as far as upgrades, lounge access as a Gold member.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Stayed here a year ago as Gold on Points + Cash rate. Received an executive room with view of the park.

Breakfast was in the Lounge only for Golds. The lounge was very nice but could get crowded in the evening. They refreshed the hot food every 30 minutes and some "gentlemen" would rush up and fill several plates, leaving little for others.

And then there were the teenagers playing at the pool table who decided not to use the pockets but to bounce the ball off the table. We had to speak to them AND complain to staff to stop them.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Stayed here a year ago as Gold on Points + Cash rate. Received an executive room with view of the park.

Breakfast was in the Lounge only for Golds. The lounge was very nice but could get crowded in the evening. They refreshed the hot food every 30 minutes and some "gentlemen" would rush up and fill several plates, leaving little for others.

And then there were the teenagers playing at the pool table who decided not to use the pockets but to bounce the ball off the table. We had to speak to them AND complain to staff to stop them.
Hopefully these were isolated incidents and not the morm.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Do Diamonds get Breakfast Downstairs?

Curious to know if HDDs are offered the option to have breakfast downstairs rather than the EL?
Old May 18, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Curious to know if HDDs are offered the option to have breakfast downstairs rather than the EL?
I was there a couple of weeks ago and that option was not offered to me, so I must assume that the answer is - no.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Have stayed here numerous times and have never been offered breakfast downstairs.
Old May 18, 2017, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I've used this properly a bunch over the years -- even back around when it first opened -- and I can't recall ever having been told at this property that breaksfasf in a lobby restaurant was an alternative to the executive lounge breakfast. Perhaps there was an exception when the Executice Lounge was closed for some reason or another, but that would be about it.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have booked this for an upcoming stay next month, does the hotel offer an airport pick-up service?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have booked this for an upcoming stay next month, does the hotel offer an airport pick-up service?
Hilton Buenos Aires - Transportation Guide
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I asked and was told yes, I could choose either. On my last stay (three years ago) I was also told I could have breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
Yes, but it is USD $85 each way. You can take a private car service ("remis") for about USD $35, or $28-$30 from Taxi Ezeiza but they take only cash, while the private car services accept credit cards. We used a private car ("remis") service called Tienda Lin which accepts credit cards. With these services, you make a reservation online or by phone (I had to do it by phone because the web form didn't let me select how many people or what date), then go their window in the arrivals hall at EZE, identify yourself, pay, and your driver appears and shows you to your car, helping with luggage. The price includes tolls and fees and driver tip. You could also just show up at their window without a reservation and likely they will have a car and driver and take you. There are also shuttle busses from companies such as that run by Tienda Lin. Then there's Uber, which estimates about half of what the private car services cost. I ended up not opting for Uber because of the FUD surrounding them (some people say they operate in Bueonos Aires, some say they have been shut down, others say they do operate but drivers will cancel once they realize you will pay by credit card as it must take Uber some time to pay the drivers. These people say Uber has an option, valid in Argentina, to pay in cash.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
Yes, but it is USD $85 each way. You can take a private car service ("remis") for about USD $35, or $28-$30 from Taxi Ezeiza but they take only cash, while the private car services accept credit cards. We used a private car ("remis") service called Tienda Lin which accepts credit cards. With these services, you make a reservation online or by phone (I had to do it by phone because the web form didn't let me select how many people or what date), then go their window in the arrivals hall at EZE, identify yourself, pay, and your driver appears and shows you to your car, helping with luggage. The price includes tolls and fees and driver tip. You could also just show up at their window without a reservation and likely they will have a car and driver and take you. There are also shuttle busses from companies such as that run by Tienda Lin. Then there's Uber, which estimates about half of what the private car services cost. I ended up not opting for Uber because of the FUD surrounding them (some people say they operate in Bueonos Aires, some say they have been shut down, others say they do operate but drivers will cancel once they realize you will pay by credit card as it must take Uber some time to pay the drivers. These people say Uber has an option, valid in Argentina, to pay in cash.
We used Uber several times a couple of weeks ago, including EZE-Hilton. For a pickup at Hilton, the bellman told us that Uber often avoids pickups at the hotel entrance and picks up on the adjacent street, because taxi drivers have power and don't appreciate the competition. Once, the Uber driver asked one of us to sit up front to disguise the service. But everything always worked out, and payment was by CC.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
I asked and was told yes, I could choose either. On my last stay (three years ago) I was also told I could have breakfast in the restaurant.
Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:50 am

Thanks for the update.
You're welcome. Note that the previous posters reported not having been offered that they could take breakfast in the restaurant, whereas I asked and was told yes. I have stayed at a number of properties where no one has told me I could have breakfast in the restaurant until I asked.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by catcher1
We used Uber several times a couple of weeks ago, including EZE-Hilton. For a pickup at Hilton, the bellman told us that Uber often avoids pickups at the hotel entrance and picks up on the adjacent street, because taxi drivers have power and don't appreciate the competition. Once, the Uber driver asked one of us to sit up front to disguise the service. But everything always worked out, and payment was by CC.
Thanks very much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.