Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Triple Airline Miles Using Your American Express Card Until December 30, 2004

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2004, 2:20 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Surprisingly, a search did not reveal this offer, so here it is...

Between October 1, 2004 and December 30, 2004, earn triple airline miles with any Hilton HHonors airline partner in North America for stays at participating Hilton, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hilton Garden Inn® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotels. Book with Offer Code OTAX and pay for the stay with an American Express® card.

View participating hotels here, click on the hotel of your choice, and enter Offer Code OTAX in the Promotion/Offer Code field.

Alternatively, call 1-800-662-7185 and request Offer Code OTAX.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 3:20 pm

I hope OTAX ( tripple miles ) will be more "productive" for us than ODAX ( double miles ) has been so far. No matter how much I tried to enter Offer Code into the "promotion/Offer code" field, it never showed up in my reservation. Thus no double miles. BTW, there is a current thread going on this subject. Good luck with the tripple miles promotion.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:24 pm

Bonus showed up quick

Amex 3x (1,500 NW) promo miles showed up right away with HHonors points post 2 days after check out from Homewood stay. OTAX code never changed rate or showed up in any way on reservation confirmation page. Cool, too bad it expires so soon, 12/30/04. One thing to make sure of is that HHonors earning style includes miles, I used points + standard miles to get the 1,500 for one night. One stay from re-qualifying for Gold, might need a MR.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
How to "extend" this offer

This is just my experience, but I just booked a few stays at the Palmer House in Chicago in January, and one of the room rate types available was "EARN TRIPLE AIRLINE MILES WITH PARTICIPATING PARTNERS". You don't even have to use AMEX. Here is what the description looks like:

Plan Description:
EARN TRIPLE AIRLINE MILES WITH
PARTICIPATING PARTNERS. PRESENT FF# AT
RESERVATION

I don't know if this will last past January or which hotels are offering it, but it might be worth taking a look for it if you are planning hotel stays past Dec. 30th.

Good luck!

- Truly
Old Dec 15, 2004, 7:19 am
Suspended

My wife also got a card in the mail from American Express offering 2500 Amex MR points for stays (one time only) between 11/1/04 and 2/28/05
at Hampton Inns ( also BW, Comfort Inn, Courtyards and Holiday Inn)
Bonus 1D # 7022.

mike
Old Dec 16, 2004, 9:15 am

You have to "fight" for you triple miles!

I had a recent stay under the triple miles code (OTAX), at Double Tree in San Jose. When I viewed my account online, I noticed that had received the normal miles entry. I called the HiltonHonors customer service line and after speaking to the answering rep and then with the HiltonHonors manager who indicated that my "rate did not qualify" and "was not properly booked online" I protested strongly.

Was it worth $14.50? (approx value of the points) Maybe not. But, really, it was the principal of the whole process. Under my protest my account finally received the full triple credit!

Remember people, if you think you should receive something and you don't...always call the customer relations.

Good luck with the rest of you! If any of you had a smooth credit for your triple miles...let us know!

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Surprisingly, a search did not reveal this offer, so here it is...

Between October 1, 2004 and December 30, 2004, earn triple airline miles with any Hilton HHonors airline partner in North America for stays at participating Hilton, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hilton Garden Inn® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotels. Book with Offer Code OTAX and pay for the stay with an American Express® card.

View participating hotels here, click on the hotel of your choice, and enter Offer Code OTAX in the Promotion/Offer Code field.

Alternatively, call 1-800-662-7185 and request Offer Code OTAX.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 4:35 pm

Was OTAX a targeted promotion?
I am asking this because I was told by Hilton rep that ODAX promo ( double miles ) was a targeted one, and therefore I could not get the bonus miles.
What about OTAX ? Was that one targeted as well?
Old Dec 19, 2004, 9:42 am

Not Targeted

I called 800 HHonors and had them add OTAX to our current AAA rate resv as it wasn't showing up on anything I tried online. No problem, rate stayed the same and miles posted right away.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:13 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
I called 800 HHonors and had them add OTAX to our current AAA rate resv as it wasn't showing up on anything I tried online. No problem, rate stayed the same and miles posted right away.
Oh, I think I'm going to be sick... I used my Visa card for the NFL 500 point HiltonHonors bonus, could have got 1.5 RR credits on my Southwest account during my Hampton stays.

Now, if I could get 1.5 RR credits for Hilton chain stays until 12/30/04 at a good rate, I might try to find a low priced property or two. Anyone know of any really good weekend or weekday rates in the SF Bay Area?

Thanks for the help!

CF

P.S. There are a lot of airline partners where you could really rack up the miles/points. BMI for example gives 1000 miles PER NIGHT. If you had a 3-night stay for example, you could pull in 9,000 miles! Qantas is 1000 miles per stay so that would be 3,000 miles on this promo. Really good. Oh, there I go again... feeling woozy.

Last edited by xFlagger; Dec 19, 2004 at 10:20 pm
Old Dec 20, 2004, 9:15 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
Oh, I think I'm going to be sick... I used my Visa card for the NFL 500 point HiltonHonors bonus, could have got 1.5 RR credits on my Southwest account during my Hampton stays.
There is no need to be sick, CART_Flagman, as Hampton Inns are not included in this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.