Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake {US-TX}

Old Nov 28, 04, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Arrow Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake {US-TX}

Has anyone stayed here before? Next time, remind me to stay at the Homewood or Hampton Inn. I was hoping my Gold status would give me a perk or two, but I don't think it did. I normally stay at the Homewoods but I made the mistake of thinking that since the Hilton was closer to the Space Center, it would be nicer. I thought the HHonors floor would be special but when I compared it to a non-HHonors room (my coworker), the only difference was that there were no leaks from the incessant rain during the week I stayed there (about one week ago). There was an executive lounge, but it was closed the whole week I stayed there! I am new to Gold status, so I am not sure if this is the norm...any comments or advice for a future stay are welcome!
Old Nov 29, 04, 3:39 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
I stayed there once about a year ago. The executive lounge was closed when I was there as well. I did get some free drink coupons and breakfast downstairs.

I much prefer the Hampton Inn property on Bay Area Blvd. I've stayed there more times than I can count. I always get upgraded to a suite. Its very nice.
Old Nov 29, 04, 6:40 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I stayed at this property several years ago as a Diamond member. It was the only time I stayed there.

While I do not remember the specifics of my stay, I do remember being unimpressed. That is not to say that I had a bad stay; there was simply nothing memorable about it.

I do not remember having access to the Executive Lounge either, although I did have a view from the top floor. There was nothing particularly incredible about the view either, but that is not the fault of the property.
Old Nov 30, 04, 10:30 pm

I used to live in Clear Lake

This has not always been a Hilton property - if memory serves, it was formerly a Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza - might explain it. However, it is one of our more memorable tourist attractions, since this is the location that Clara Harris ran over her husband for cheating on her .
Old Dec 3, 04, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Thanks for the info

Yeah, I was very unimpressed with the hotel. Next time I will stay at the Hampton Inn or Homewood down the street!
Old Apr 30, 06, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Plat, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat Prem
Anyone stayed here recently? Wondering if things have improved.
Old Apr 30, 06, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA 5MM EXP, UA 2MM 1K, HH LT DIA, MR Plat, NRAC EEV, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Anyone stayed here recently? Wondering if things have improved.
Stayed there a few months ago. I had a nice view from my high-floor room, but was pretty unimpressed with the room itself. The property obviously did not start its life as a Hilton. Also, their HSIA connection has some bizzare filter that blocks access to any site that it deems "inappropriate". Of course, I think it should be up to the user to determine what is and is not inappropriate to them, but what really got me was that it thought my corporate webmail client was "inappropriate". Also, you had to leave a $50 deposit to use the internet... weird...
Old May 21, 06, 10:00 pm

My wife stays there on business frequently.
It is not awful, not great. Just functional for business.
Golds get free certs for breakfast apparently; that's about it.
Old May 22, 06, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
I stayed there once a couple of years ago. I much prefer the HI&S which is just one street over. Always got upgraded to a suite as a Diamond.
Old May 22, 06, 11:02 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Celebrity Murder here

FYI: Y'all remember the Clara Harris trial a few years back? The dentist that ran over her cheating husband with her Cadillac with his daughter in the car with her? This happened in the front parking lot of this property! Yet another chapter in the millionaire Texas murder book!

The video has funny and morbid at the same time...the caddy driving around in circles, albeit with a bump in it's way...again and again with the bright blue Hilton logo in the background. You can't pay for advertising like that!
Old May 25, 06, 3:44 pm

Programs: NWA - Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz 5 Star, WN CP, WN "A" List
There are 2 Hilton properties nearby that are much nicer, both are on Bay Area Blvd. Hampton Inn and Suites and a Homewood Suites. Ive stayed at this Hilton twice with-in the last 18 months and would not stay there again.
Old May 26, 06, 6:17 pm

Homewood is the way to go
Old May 27, 06, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like this Hilton and it has a fine restaurant too. They also do an excellent smaller convention business and we have have had meetings there. I always remember it as a Hilton although it is loaded with marble and higher priced furnishings. Too much for a Holiday Inn I believe. Unfortunately it is usually far pricier than the other HH props. I vote for the HS if its $40+ cheaper. The HI is noisy.

MisterNice
Old Jul 22, 09, 12:35 pm

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Bump – any updates on the refurb after last year’s hurricane? Do they have an executive lounge? Did they upgrade all the rooms to flat screens?
Old Jul 22, 09, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by SteveHOU View Post
Bump – any updates on the refurb after last year’s hurricane? Do they have an executive lounge? Did they upgrade all the rooms to flat screens?
They do have an exec lounge but it was never open when I stayed here (mostly on weekends). My wife's mother lives in League City and we would stay here ONLY when it was cheaper than the Hampon Inn on Bay Area Blvd. The HI will upgrade you to a suite if you ask and it is available when the Hilton wouldnt do anything.

Search this Thread