Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Great article on planned Honors IT features

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club

http://www.informationweek.com/story...6100873&pgno=1
Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by sonofliberty
Great find! I suspect the woman who stayed 107 times at HI is a member of FT!!
Old Nov 26, 2004, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Hilton says, the percentage of [customers'] spending on hotels in one of Hilton's eight hotel brands grew from 40% to 61% over the last two years, coinciding with the "customers really matter" strategy and rollout of OnQ
Really? I wonder if this has held true if one compares only this year vs. last year.

I would be far more confident if such an assertion was coming from Hyatt or Starwood. If anything, it seemed like Hyatt and Starwood were probably outperforming Hilton in this regard (at least if one looks at the higher end customer base). Then again, Hilton is not interested in competing with Starwood or Hyatt in the way it is interested in competing against Marriott; and also Hilton is apparently less interested in competing overseas than here within the US. [Probably a strategic mistake on Hilton's part given global trends.]
Old Nov 26, 2004, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Thanks for this article. It is quite insightful.

RFID tags in HHonors cards
No thanks, Hilton.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thumbs up RFID is Good Idea

Originally Posted by GUWonder
No thanks, Hilton.
I personally like the way the RFID's would work according to the article. If an even more enjoyable stay was guaranteed because of data they could "sense" from my Diamond card, I'm all for it.

RFID's are going to become mainstreamed sooner or later and I think this is an acceptable use. Unfortunately, privacy paranoids may fear there every movement is being tracked and may not agree with me.

Good article anyway about technology helping Hilton guests! ^
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sonofliberty

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=17411
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I personally like the way the RFID's would work according to the article. If an even more enjoyable stay was guaranteed because of data they could "sense" from my Diamond card, I'm all for it.

RFID's are going to become mainstreamed sooner or later and I think this is an acceptable use. Unfortunately, privacy paranoids may fear there every movement is being tracked and may not agree with me.

Good article anyway about technology helping Hilton guests! ^
I have little concern about privacy in a hotel (for there is not much on most occassions anyway). I have far more concern about the ease with which the unscrupulous can figure out if you are or are not in the room and perhaps how much time they have to engage in questionable activities of a criminal nature.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I have little concern about privacy in a hotel (for there is not much on most occassions anyway). I have far more concern about the ease with which the unscrupulous can figure out if you are or are not in the room and perhaps how much time they have to engage in questionable activities of a criminal nature.

I agree. I'm all for the kind of benefits one would get from RFID, but sooner or later the bad guys (and Homeland Security) are going to start tapping into the information generated and bad things will happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.