Charge to leave luggage ?

Old Nov 26, 2004, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Charge to leave luggage ?

I was staying at the NY Hilton (on 6th) this week.

I was surprised to find that they charge $3.50 per bag to leave luggage for the day. I've never been charged to leave luggage anywhere before (though I'd normally tip) - is this something Hilton are starting to do in their hotels, or is the NY Hilton a one off ?
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, HGVC, AA, UA
I've never been charged to leave luggage at a Hilton, however, I've never tried at this location. While we love the location of this Hilton, we have been dissapointed with their customer service the last 2 stays there.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:58 am

Maybe it's a NYC thing? I was charged at the Eastside Marriott last year.

Sylvia
Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
It's a NYC thing. The only places I've ever been charged to leave luggage were 2 NYC locations (not the Hilton, haven't stayed there).
Old Nov 26, 2004, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Depends on the location and the load. Most hotels are complimentary, but when I attend ones like the Anaheiim Hilton during a convention when they are sold-out, they charge $1 to hold bags.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 8:58 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The Waldrof charges too. I believe it's a separatly operated operation, not part of the hotel.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 12:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, QF Silver
Fee @ LAX Hilton

I was told I eould have to pay US$2 per day each peace of luggage.
4 days later, as I picked up my luggage, the concierge gave me my luggage without billing me.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
During my last stay at the NY Hilton (Jan 2004), my flight left late in the afternoon. When I checked out at noon and requested to have the bags held for a few hours, I was informed of the charge. It was better than schlepping the bags around, or sitting in the lobby waiting for my cab ride to the airport.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
Given the sheer number of bags being stored at the NYC hilton - I don't blame them for charging. Plus it gives you a little more security knowing that your bags are in a secure room with someone present at all times.

I hate storing my bags and then discovering that they sat out in the open on a bellman's cart all day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.