Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:14 pm

Programs: HH Gold, UAL SP, Marriott PL, National Excecutive Elite, SWA A+
Smile

Also the Double Tree Guest Suites is located right off I-40 by the airport. Nice hotel, kinda of a cross bettween an Embassy and a Double Tree (With the Cookie ).

All rooms are one bedroom suites and hotel has free HS wireless access (dont quote me on the free). Hotel just finished a remodel earlier this year. Very nice property, will stay again with out hesistation.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:19 pm

Location: Oklahoma City, OK - NWA Gold - AA Gold - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Gold
Programs: NW, CO, WN, HH
To clarify, the Hampton right across the highway from the airport has indoor room entrances. The Hampton a mile away has outdoor entrances.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The Homewood Suites near BNA is a fairly nice property and often has very reasonable rates, especially on weekends.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
I hope it has improved!

Originally Posted by TopDawg4OU
To clarify, the Hampton right across the highway from the airport has indoor room entrances. The Hampton a mile away has outdoor entrances.
About a year ago, I had a bad experience at the Hampton with the outside entrances - first, there was no desk clerk when I showed up - had to wait around for several minutes til he showed up. The first room I was given had clogged toilet so I went and asked for another room, the second room had not been serviced, and in the third room they gave me the movie channels were on the blink. Place was generally worn and staff was marginal.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:06 am

I stayed at the Homewood Suites and the HGI a couple of weeks ago.

Both were very nice, but if you want more room (and a kitchen, fridge, etc.), go with the Homewood. If you don't care about those things, I'd go with the HGI.

BTW, both had HSI, but Homewood's was only available via wireless.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:51 am

I've stayed at them all. The HS are my first choice and the Dbltree Suites second.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 8:04 pm

I can't speak to any of the hotels since I live here, but I did want to say that San Francisco's isn't there anymore..I think it's another Mexican restaurant, though. Two better choices are Darfon's (on the same side of the street), and Ellendale's. Ellendale's is a little further down (and across a busy road), but if you don't mind driving two minutes from the Hampton Inn (the one with the interior corridors) it's well worth it for the barbequed stuffed shrimp.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AAGold, SW-RR, HertzGold, Marriott, Starwood-Plat
Nashville ES Airport FYI

Stayed 1 night at the Nashville ES "near" the airport and it was a very old property and the furnishings & bedding showed it. Also hard to get to as it is on the other side of the freeway and nestled in a nice wooded area too.

They were painting the exterior of the property and I asked about an interior remodel job and the front desk person just looked at me funny as in "nope - it is not scheduled and seemed shocked that I even asked".
Old Nov 23, 2004, 2:23 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
One note on the Homewood, have been in and out of BNA a bunch lately as we hit Convention Season. Usually stay at the Homewood, even though the shows are at the Opryland Hotel. Nice clean rooms at the Homewood, but the breakfast can't be beat. Full breakfast w/egss, sausages, and hash browns last time I was there. I have wi-fi, so I am fine w/the wireless.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Hamptons near Nashville w/a biz center?

I am going to Nashville this weekend to see my Yellow Jackets play in the Big Dance. I am looking for a Hilton family hotel that is moderately priced with an internet-connected computer for guests. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
yorock
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: DELTA AA HH MARRIOTT
I've stayed at several Hilton properties near Nashville and the best bang for the buck is the Doubletree Suties. It is close to the airport and downtown. Nice property and nice people.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
You might want to try the Hilton Garden Inn near the airport. Fairly nice and well maintained. I believe it had a computer for guest use. Spent a weekend there back in December and rate was only $56/night.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I agree the airport hotels are normally cheap on the weekends. They are only 5 miles to downtown. I know the sheraton airport is sold out this weekend, not sure about hiltons. Worse case the Hilton Suites Brentwood is nice, about 15 miles south.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta Platinum, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold
I do a lot of business in Nashville and stay at the Hilton in Downtown (next to County Music Hall of Fame and the Arena). It has a business center with computers and also offers high speed wired in the rooms. If that is booked, you can try the "Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-At The University". It doesn't have a business center, but offers wireless in all rooms and the lobby. Be careful if you book the Hampton b/c there are 2 near Vanderbilt, one is run down, but this one is very nice.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by vikings561
I do a lot of business in Nashville and stay at the Hilton in Downtown (next to County Music Hall of Fame and the Arena). It has a business center with computers and also offers high speed wired in the rooms. If that is booked, you can try the "Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-At The University". It doesn't have a business center, but offers wireless in all rooms and the lobby. Be careful if you book the Hampton b/c there are 2 near Vanderbilt, one is run down, but this one is very nice.
If you can afford the Hilton Downtown, it has an absolutely fabulous atrium. Otherwise, the suites are somewhat moderately sized. Free breakfast for HHonors elites is a nice touch, but otherwise, average service. Very good location, however... a block away from Gaylord and the Country Music Hall of Fame.

The Hampton you're looking for is the one that's NOT on West End. The one on West End is a bit dumpy, but has free wireless as well. The ES on Broadway is also a very nice hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.