Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Tennessee, USA {US-TN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Staying at the Doubletree on Union Street and it isn't bad. Checkin was a disaster, but the rooms are nice. Close enough to Beale street to walk it.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 5:19 pm

Thumbs up

I usually stay at the DoubleTree on Sanderlin Rd and found it to be a good value for the money. It's not great but it's not bad either. The restaurant in the hotel is pretty good and room service is resonably priced and fast.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I prefer the ES shady grove or the Hilton in germantown. The are both within eye site of each other. Plus Ruth chris is next door.
Old May 9, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred
I just stayed at the Embassy Suites Vanderbilt, and it is in a GREAT location! This was my first time to Nashville, and it jumped way up there on my favorite cities in the US. The hotel is nice and rooms are standard suites, but all look out to the large atrium. The "manager's social" was a little disappointing with the snacks, but drinks were good and plenty of margaritas on cinco de mayo.

The best part is how close to great midtown entertainment you are--Lime, red and blue door, blue bar for live music, the brewery, etc--live music, very good priced drinks, and a great atmosphere. You're also only a few minutes from downtown and the honky tonks.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 2:04 pm

Does anyone know why Memphis Hampton Inns unavailable in November?

I'm staying in Memphis early November and was surprised to see both the Memphis Hampton Inn Beale St and Shady Road Grove properties unavailable for the first two weeks.

Anyone know why? Is there some big event on?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could it be: 129th Annual Session of the National Baptist Convention. Sep 07, 2009 - Sep 11, 2009. 215-474-5785 ... November. 102nd COGIC International Holy Convocation ...
www.memphisconvention.com

MisterNice
Old Jul 26, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Could it be: 129th Annual Session of the National Baptist Convention. Sep 07, 2009 - Sep 11, 2009. 215-474-5785 ... November. 102nd COGIC International Holy Convocation ...
www.memphisconvention.com

MisterNice
That's definitely it. That convention takes over the city. Your best bet is to stay out in Collierville, Olive Branch, or another suburb and commute in.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 5:09 pm
In memoriam

Best Hilton Properties in Chattanooga

I smoke - Hilton usually allows smoking. So we are Hilton Honors. We've been invited to a party for a friend in Chattanooga in the fall - and wonder if any of you have recent experiences with Hilton properties there - and which you liked the best. Last time we were in Chattanooga was well over 5 years ago - and we stayed at the Marriott (it still allowed smoking then). Wasn't a great property - and I don't think I'll miss it. Robyn
Old Jul 30, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
If you want to stay downtown, the HGI & Doubletree are nice and really close to everything,
If you are staying up by the Hamilton Place mall, the HGI is nice. Avoid the Hampton on Shallowford - it's a dumpy old place.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
We stayed at the Doubletree downtown about one month ago and loved it. They provided a suite upgrade (Diamond request). Breakfast was exc. (crazy about the BIG selection of tiny Revolution tea boxes), staff warm and friendly, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Does any one have any information on any of the suites in Knoxville. Looking for a living room/bedroom suite for a two night stay.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
There's a Homewoods Suites a bit west of town. Don't know anything about it other than we have a reservation there next week for a night.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, National Executive, SkyTeam Elite
I've stayed several times at the Hampton just north of downtown (within 5-6 miles) and it is on Pratt Rd (I-75, exit Merchants Drive). This property replaced an older Hampton that had outside entrances and is now a Quality Inn I believe. The new Hampton is just a year or so old I believe and is quite nice. I've also stayed at a very nice Hampton on the west side of town (Lenoir City) which is near I-75 and just a couple miles south of I-40. Approximately 25 minute drive to downtown in light traffic.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
The closest hotel to the stadium has bedroom suites (Four Points - Cumberland House Hotel). I'll be staying there when the Gaytors come to town. The living area is small, but does include a sofa bed and tv as you enter the room. Kitchenette and bath is in the middle. Bedroom is on the far side of the room with privacy door. This hotel is less than half a mile from the stadium and a block from a pedestrian bridge across Cumberland Ave. Rooms will be $300 a night, tho, and might require a full weekend res.

It's totally dependant upon how far away you want to be. The only hotels within the walking area are this one, Hilton, Holiday Inn Convention Center, Hampton Inn, the crap Marriot, and the Crowne Plaza behind the TVA towers. Parking is free at two of the downtown garages on gameday weekends.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
My wife and I just stayed one night at the Hampton Inn on Pratt off Merchants, and it is very nice. New, decent-sized pool from what my wife told me, the room was spacious, the washroom was large with a standup shower. We actually felt bad only staying one night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.