Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Cancellation Policy and Redepositing Points for Award Stays

Cancellation Policy and Redepositing Points for Award Stays

Old Apr 6, 02, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

redepositing a glon award

Has anyone ever booked a glon award and then redeposited the points if they could not use it? We are waiting for a couple timeshare trades but thought maybe I would book glon awards just in case they didn't come through. We will be staying 12/23/2002 until 1/6/2003. I thought a week at HWV and one at HHV. I would be booking 2 rooms at each location. Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 7, 02, 1:16 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't worry about redepositing. Just make the reservation. If your timeshare doesn't come through, then request the actual award. They only need a couple days to fax it to you. Don't forget to cancel the award res if you don't use it or you could end up getting charged real money for one night.
Old Apr 7, 02, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Globalist
It can be even quicker to get an award certificate. You can request it online and print it out on your computer in real time.
Old Apr 7, 02, 7:56 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
You can request the GLON online for some reason... but they can fax it to you (and they you can print it/copy it/etc)
Old Apr 7, 02, 11:53 pm

You will be VERY lucky to get THOSE dates!
I was told that they have blocked off NYE at HHV.(I am Diamond)
I wouldnt order the award until you are ready to use it then they can fax it to the hotel.
You can book the award anytime. i have done this a few times then ordered the cert closer to the date
Old Apr 8, 02, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I need a little more info. I have lots of points but have never used them for an award. I have checked out the web site and am unsure if I can book an award online or if I need to call HHonors? It also mentions a 2 bedroom suite in the lagoon towers, is that a possible award room? I just thought I might get lucky, I got lucky with the tickets to Hawaii, 7 Frequent Flyer tickets on Northwest. I still am amazed at that one! It makes taking the troops a lot easier.
Old Apr 8, 02, 5:05 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You have to call Hhonors to book the award res. Last year, NYE and several days around it were indeed blocked off, at least for Gold. Don't know about Christmas or whether you can book the timeshare property as an award.
Old Oct 18, 02, 12:36 pm

Redeposit points?

I used points and have a certificate and a reservation for three Hampton Inn nights in Atlanta in a few weeks. I now find I can be remibursed. Is there any way to get a hotel receipt that will show the costs? Alternately, what's involved in "redepositing" the certificates. I'm usually reimbursed; they don't have a lot of personal value to me.

Sylvia
Old Oct 18, 02, 1:41 pm

It only takes a phone call to HHonors to get unused certificates redeposited back into your account. From my experience, the points post in only a few days.
Old Nov 20, 02, 1:32 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
What's the Skinny on redepositing awards?

Recently I sent some PS award certs back to Hilton, cos I just couldn't get PS freebies on the dates that I needed. I had printed them off the web about a year ago and they were about to expire.

Anyway, has anyone else had experience with re-deposits? How long did it take for the points to re-post to you account and most importantly, did Hilton re-deposit the points4free?

Old Nov 20, 02, 1:49 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
I didn't need to send the certificates back to HHonors, just call and give them the certificate number that was not used. The points get back in the account within about a week, and there was no mention about the withdraw and subsequent re-deposit in redemption history. The best part is that there was no charge for the re-deposit.
Old May 4, 03, 4:25 pm

Fee for redeposit and other pre 6/01/03 questions?

Well we are coming down to the wire (June 1st)
and I was trying to decide weather or not to pick up some ALON , GLON or GLONP's.

I have a few points sitting in the Hilton account and wanted to take full advantage of their use.

Has anybody heard or read of a redeposit fee if the certificates are not used within the year?

Is the ALON and GLON still the way to go to maximize your points before the deadline?
Old May 4, 03, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
There is no redeposit fee. If you think you'll need the certs and you have the points, order them.

You have 1 year to use or re-deposit.
Old May 4, 03, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Make sure not to send in any of those 10 or 20k discount certs being discussed on another thread if you think you may want to redeposit them because you will lose the amount of points discounted.
mike
Old May 4, 03, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Sorry deleted duplicate post

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 05-04-2003).]

Search this Thread
Search Engine: