Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Cancellation Policy and Redepositing Points for Award Stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2003, 7:27 pm

I just had to re-deposit an ALON award and no problems and the rep even reminded me about the 6/1 value changes.
Old May 6, 2003, 6:31 am

There are many permutations to this. I have found that it is fairly easy to approximate GLON/ALON savings with other current awards, provided the properties at issue are moving up. By that I mean current "1"s moving to "2," etc. The easiest example is a current weekend night "1" for 10K at a property moving to "2" and 20,000. Or, 17,500 for 2 nights vs 40,000. However, IMHO it only makes sense to "maximize" if the property is where you want to be.

------------------
Old Aug 31, 2003, 6:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

How do I Redeposit an award?

I was going to blow out my HHonors points on Hamaca in the Dominican, and redeemed points for the award night certificates, which they sent me. After researching the hotel, and seeing the CHEAP rates, I realize I've made a big mistake and should just pay cash.

What's the process for re-depositing the award and getting my points back? I'm not overly concerned if there's a charge. thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 7:17 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just call CS with the cert #. They will re-deposit @ N/C. The cert. then becomes void. It has to be within one year of issue.
Old Aug 31, 2003, 9:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chix:
Just call CS with the cert #. They will re-deposit @ N/C. The cert. then becomes void. It has to be within one year of issue.</font>
Thank you Chix!
Old Dec 30, 2003, 9:30 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs

I have a technical question:

Can we cancel a reservation for future date that was made using a HH reward, and have the points reinstated without a penalty?

If yes, can it be done online or do I need to call?
Old Dec 30, 2003, 11:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008621.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/008687.html
</font>
UpgradeMe,

At risk of suffering the wrath of probably half the posters on FlyerTalk and you, I just want to let you know that you are a great resource and this is the way to do it. If you are adamant about searching for items that you think that other people should have been able to find without posting a new topic, simply post the links to those items.

Apparently not all of us have the knack for successfully finding the topics that we want to when we search. In addition, Flyertalk is a bit frustrating when you get search results - I find myself having to re-perform the searches multiple times in order to read all of the results.

Good job on this post.

Old Feb 10, 2004, 6:04 pm
Original Member

How to redeposit Award certificate

Sorry for the slightly elementary question. I have a certificate for one of the old VIP-LON 100,000 point awards. I will not be able to use it before the expiry. Does anyone know what the procedure is for getting the points redeposited to my account?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2004, 6:06 pm
Original Member

Found my answer elsewhere on the boards. Sounds like it's a simple phone call to HHonors Customer Service.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 6:19 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by leroy11:
Sounds like it's a simple phone call to HHonors Customer Service.</font>
Yep, it's that simple.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
Cancelling an award reservation - points redeposited?

Since all award reservations for Hilton are electronic/automatic, what happens if you cancel an award reservation? Are the points automatically redeposited back into your account the instant you cancel the reservation? Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Yes. I just cancelled one myself last week.
Old Jun 30, 2004, 5:55 pm

Location: Formerly 1.25 miles WSW of 32L threshold, KNUQ; now near ORD
Programs: UA 2 Million; AA Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Gold
Ditto. The points were back in my account within about two minutes of my online cancellation.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Cancelled / altered award stay

Simple questions but I dont seem able to find an answer on the HH website.

If I book a reward stay and cancel sufficiently far in advance that I do not offend the hotel's own cancellation terms, do I get my point's back ? If so, does this happen automatically so that the points are immediately available to book another stay ?

Is a change of date permissible with an award stay and can the change be made direct with the hotel ?

Finally, if the hotel (Conrad HKG) only offers basic rooms for award bookings, am I likely to get a decent room if I am HH Gold ? Do I get all my Gold privileges (e.g. free breakfast) on an award stay ?

Thks for any help.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 5:32 am

You can get points back almost at once .If you have a cert,no need to cancel the cert if you plan to use it at another date (within time frame) or another property.
You can do most everything with the hotel as far as date changes,etc.
Not sure about this particular hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.