Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno {US-CA}

Hampton Inn & Suites Fresno {US-CA}

Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Chinatown was/is on the other side of the Southern Pacific tracks. If you stood at the corner of Tulare and H (Greyhound station and the new baseball stadium) then walked over the tracks, you'd be there.

A (very general) boundary would be the rectangle formed by Frersno Street, Freeway 99, Inyo Street and G Street. Despite its name, Chinatown also had Japanese places (like the Aki Department Store at Kern and G Streets) and several Mexican places, such as the Mexico Cafe on E Street and F Street's Azteca Theatre, a movie theatre where my father took my siblings and myself in a (vain) attempt to have us absorb Spanish. My father was a cook, and he knew most of the restaurant/coffee shop employees in the area - when I about 5 years old I would often tag along as he visited his friends in these places on his day off.

There was (is) also a big Buddhist temple at Kern and E, next to the Danish Creramery dairy.
The Buddhist temple is still there and puts on an annual cultural festival. So are old places like Central Fish and the Cosmo Bar.

There is an annual Jazz concert (this year's performance was by Hisoshima) held at the old fire station to raise money to support projects in the area like the conversion of the old Bow-On Association building into a museum. http://www.fresno-chinatown.org/
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Just completed a stay at the Hampton inn in Clovis at 855 Gettysburg Ave
Clovis‎ California‎ 93612.

Hotel was very clean and nice. Treated well and served traditional breakfast as you would expect at Hampton. They did have ham and cheese omelets which were good. I recently made diamond and didn't feel any extra treatment other then two bottles of water in the room.

Overall a decent hotel that I would return to if I'm back in Fresno.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.