Go Back   > > >

Old Oct 27, 04, 3:37 pm   #1
Original Poster

PREFERENTIAL Gold VIP

Anyone know what this is all about.... I got free lifetime Gold status a few years ago as part of a promotion.

Is there any difference to standard Gold?
DarrenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 04, 12:35 am   #2

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott, Hyatt, *wood, Emerald Club, HH Amex, NW nufin' (again), Hertz sumfin'.
Nobody is replying to you because we are all mad at you for getting comped Gold (lifetime, no less)!!

Just kidding...

Your subject line reads, "Preferential Gold VIP", yet your message mentions Lifetime Gold.

I am not aware of there being different Gold levels... other then standard Gold, where you have to earn it every year and this lifetime Gold you speak of.

Perhaps, if you give us more information, like promo specifics, all the codes related to it and any magic words when envoking said code, we will give you more information.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Oct 28, 04 at 12:37 am
infinityplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 04, 3:01 am   #3
Original Poster

I honestly cannot remember what the promo was now, as it was a few years back.

Just that I noticed that my card was different to other Gold's (a friend of mine got one recently). But the only thing which is different is that it says Preferential Gold VIP, instead of just Gold VIP.

Baffled...
DarrenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 04, 8:08 am   #4

Programs: Marriott Gold, AA Plat 1MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenT
I honestly cannot remember what the promo was now, as it was a few years back.

Just that I noticed that my card was different to other Gold's (a friend of mine got one recently). But the only thing which is different is that it says Preferential Gold VIP, instead of just Gold VIP.

Baffled...
If you should happen to recall how it came about...
yyzflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 04, 8:57 am   #5

Programs: HHonors Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenT
But the only thing which is different is that it says Preferential Gold VIP, instead of just Gold VIP.
Interesting... What does the online Hhonors website show as your status? If it simply says "Gold VIP" I wouldn't worry about what's on the card. Even the expiration date is wrong/misleading on some folks' cards (i.e., the cards were issued
with 2+ years of validity even though the status was only valid for ~18 months...).
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 04, 4:56 am   #6

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
Does anyone have any idea what forms Hilton Managing Directors should fill out to have a Preferential card issues? An MD in Hilton Corp is happy to extend this benefit to me as I've done a lot of consulting for them, but neither he nor any of his peers have ever heard of this card before Any assistance would be much appreciated
MoreMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 05, 1:07 pm   #7

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA ExPlt, DL Gold, IHG Plt, SPG Gold
Talking Preferential Gold VIP card info

More info about the card:

The Hilton HHonors Preferential Gold VIP card is a means for Hilton to recognize some of its most prominent and influential customers. Issued to key decision makers at Hilton's negotiated accounts (e.g. - CEO, President), corporate travel managers at key accounts, and leaders in the travel industry, the Preferential Gold VIP card can only be awarded upon nomination.

Preferential Gold VIP cardholders are entitled to all the benefits and privileges of HHonors Gold VIP status at ALL HHonors hotels worldwide. Preferential Gold VIP status is the highest membership tier that can be awarded to an individual, and Preferential Gold VIPs retain this status for three years, regardless of their personal stay activity.

By virtue of their actual stay activity, some Preferential Gold VIP cardholders may earn HHonors Diamond VIP status a tier level that can ONLY be achieved by virtue of personal stay activity. In these instances, the Preferential member will carry an HHonors Diamond VIP card as long as they retain Diamond tier status.

Preferential Gold VIP cardholders are entitled to:

48 Hour Guaranteed Reservations Availability -- Preferential Gold VIPs are guaranteed accommodations when booking more than 48 hours in advance of their intended arrival (i.e., before Midnight Local Hotel Time, 2 days prior to requested arrival date), and guaranteeing the reservation with a valid accepted credit card. The reservation will be subject to the hotel's prevailing rate for the accommodation requested.

Preferred Seating/Reservations in Restaurants/Nightclubs

In addition, Preferential Gold VIPs are entitled to the following standard HHonors Gold VIP benefits:

Automatic room upgrades to Executive/Concierge Level or best available room based on availability at check-in (excludes suites, villas and special accommodations at selected hotels)
Pre-registration
Zip-In Check-In
Spouse stays free (excludes package features e.g., continental breakfast)
Free copy of USA Today or local newspaper on weekdays
25% bonus on HHonors Base points earned
Free use of hotel health club during their stay (where available & operated by the hotel)
Late check-out upon request (based upon availability)
Zipout Checkout
deviantdesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 06, 1:31 pm   #8

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
Has anyone heard of Hilton "Preferred Gold"

I just tried to make a reservation at the Embassy Suites in Sacramento. They said the hotel was booked but that they could force a reservation if I had "preferred gold". I asked if they meant diamond and they said they could force a reservation for diamond but also for "preferred gold". I asked what that was and they said it was a level between gold and diamond and that it couldn't be earned you had to be nominated. What the heck? Has anyone ever heard of this?

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 24, 06 at 2:57 pm Reason: This milepost was merged into this thread unedited. Thank you, gaugeguy!
beachfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 06, 8:42 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM & MM, UA PS, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NA EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantdesi
More info about the card:

The Hilton HHonors Preferential Gold VIP card is a means for Hilton to recognize some of its most prominent and influential customers. Issued to key decision makers at Hilton's negotiated accounts (e.g. - CEO, President), corporate travel managers at key accounts, and leaders in the travel industry, the Preferential Gold VIP card can only be awarded upon nomination.

Preferential Gold VIP cardholders are entitled to all the benefits and privileges of HHonors Gold VIP status at ALL HHonors hotels worldwide. Preferential Gold VIP status is the highest membership tier that can be awarded to an individual, and Preferential Gold VIPs retain this status for three years, regardless of their personal stay activity.

By virtue of their actual stay activity, some Preferential Gold VIP cardholders may earn HHonors Diamond VIP status a tier level that can ONLY be achieved by virtue of personal stay activity. In these instances, the Preferential member will carry an HHonors Diamond VIP card as long as they retain Diamond tier status.

Preferential Gold VIP cardholders are entitled to:

48 Hour Guaranteed Reservations Availability -- Preferential Gold VIPs are guaranteed accommodations when booking more than 48 hours in advance of their intended arrival (i.e., before Midnight Local Hotel Time, 2 days prior to requested arrival date), and guaranteeing the reservation with a valid accepted credit card. The reservation will be subject to the hotel's prevailing rate for the accommodation requested.

Preferred Seating/Reservations in Restaurants/Nightclubs

In addition, Preferential Gold VIPs are entitled to the following standard HHonors Gold VIP benefits:

Automatic room upgrades to Executive/Concierge Level or best available room based on availability at check-in (excludes suites, villas and special accommodations at selected hotels)
Pre-registration
Zip-In Check-In
Spouse stays free (excludes package features e.g., continental breakfast)
Free copy of USA Today or local newspaper on weekdays
25% bonus on HHonors Base points earned
Free use of hotel health club during their stay (where available & operated by the hotel)
Late check-out upon request (based upon availability)
Zipout Checkout
How do you know this? I've never heard or seen anything published. For all I know, you'll pulling my leg...
mnredfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 06, 7:14 am   #10
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
The new charts at HILTON list them like this:
HHonors
Silver
Silver Preferential VIP
Silver Elite
Gold
Gold Preferential VIP
Gold Elite
Diamond
Diamond Elite

Being Diamond Elite I understand part of this. I have never gotten any facts on the preferential, so it would all be speculation. You buy into the chain to get Elite status. Silver can be done very inexpensively, Gold cost more, but you have to buy and earn the Diamond Elite.

Last edited by drbond; Aug 31, 06 at 5:47 pm
drbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 06, 8:06 am   #11

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
Where did you find the chart?
firstflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 06, 8:18 am   #12

Programs: some
Never heard of this in between levels and can't find any information on hilton.com. could you please elaborate?
verve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 06, 8:31 am   #13
Moderator: Travel Bidding forum

I'm sure that you didn't cut and paste this from any official Hilton site. So where do you come up with these many levels?
jabez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 06, 2:23 pm   #14

I've stayed in a Hilton for over 300 nights this rolling year and have yet to even heard of Diamond Elite.
nova474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 06, 4:02 pm   #15

Programs: WN CP, NW Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Maybe what was meant by "buying into the chain" is buying a Hilton timeshare.
shiwala is offline   Reply With Quote